RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

Filtered by skin type : Oily
RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum
Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, THE, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ammonium Acrylo/VP Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, , Nylon-12, Retinol, Copper Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Tocopherol, Laureth 23, Butylene Glycol, Pentelyn Glycol, , Laureth-4, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Polyacrylamide, Allantoin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Laureth 7, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Hydroxyphenal Propramidobenzoic Acid, Yellow 5

on 1/16/2014 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this product because I prefer serums to creams since I have oily skin. Serums are generally lighter and are quickly absorbed. I was surprised at how good this serum is. After using it for only a week my skin was clearer with more refined pores and over-all a younger appearance. Deep lines seems less noticeable too. The surface of the skin is fresher looking. Usually I also have reddish areas around the chin and nose and these are much reduced. I'm impressed by the improvement. It does burn slightly on application but it's not much more than a tingle. Some retinol products are much harsher. I don't find there is much if any irritation. I can even use it around my eyes without any problem. The serum comes in an easy to use pump bottle that dispenses one large drop. I apply this one drop over a damp face from the shower at night. That's all you really need. I only use it at night but there is no reason why you couldn't wear it during the daytime as well. It does have a noticeable perfume which some may object to. It's a nice citrus-y smell but very definitely there. The pump bottle works well though isn't great for travel.

on 1/11/2014 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have not been great to my skin - tanning in my teens, wearing too much makeup, not moisturizing. I have been using Neutrogena's Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer religiously for the past few months, but I felt like a serum might help a bit more. I picked Roc Retinol Serum up on sale (half off at Albertsons!) and I'm SO happy that I did!

I've been using for about a month, every morning before I apply my makeup. So far the results are amazing. Acne scars are fading drastically, and my pores have shrunken. My eye area is firmed and no longer appears constantly puffy and tired. The fine lines around my eyes are going away too. The line between my eyebrows has lessened. And for my very oily skin, this serum has been a blessing. Somehow it really helps control oil during the day. Overall, my face is very softer, brighter, and more even than ever. I've been using a lot less foundation and feel much more confident!

As far as cons - it can tingle or burn, especially in the eye area. For me, the tingling subsides in a minute or two and doesn't bother me much. If you are sensitive to fragrance you might be bothered by the scent.

For me, the product has done everything it claimed to do. If you're not expecting a face lift, or perhaps you're looking for a more proactive measure to wrinkles and aging skin, I'd definitely recommend.

on 4/11/2011 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

This is my fav serum ever! I know I'm a bit young to be using wrinkle creams and such, but its best to avoid premature aging before it starts! This product has smoothed out all of the fine expression lines on my brows and forehead! Sunspots have started to already fade and I'm on my 2nd week. I absolutely love how my skin just glows after I use this, even after I jump out of the shower and have no moisturizer on my face my face is so smooth and soft. Also I haven't broken out once since I started. The price is the best part, this truly is liquid gold! There is a tiny stinging when first applying but it soon fades. Beware if you have sensitive skin though.

on 4/23/2009 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is exactly like the neutrogena serum. If I had known it had the same maple syrup smell and stickiness, I never would have bought this. I have tried this for a week now, and the breakouts are just too much. I think I will try to return this. The roc lotion I used to use never broke me out, but there is something in this serum. I think I will stick with the bha's and aha's. This was so expensive, I hope they take it back.

on 2/3/2008 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used two bottles of this. I'm on my third. I like this product because it has retinol and dmae. I have oily skin, so serums work better on me. I've also heard they're better absorbed into the skin because they don't have the moisturizing ingredients. I tend to break out and this doesn't cause problems with that. It makes my skin feel nice - not sticky. I wouldn't use it during the day, but I put it on before bed. I haven't noticed a dramatic change in tightening or wrinkles, but it works better than other retinol products I've tried. I like it better than Neutrogena Healthy Skin anti-wrinkle serum. I use the RoC deep Correction serum every other night. On the other nights, I use Neutrogena Visibly Firm serum with copper. Those two products make my skin look better than it has in years.
*** Edit *** I stopped using this b/c it has parabens, even though it was my favorite. And I no longer use the copper serum because it's never in my drugstore.

on 10/28/2007 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product provides no effect as it claims. It is also kind of sticky. Not worth for the money.