RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum
Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, THE, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ammonium Acrylo/VP Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, , Nylon-12, Retinol, Copper Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Tocopherol, Laureth 23, Butylene Glycol, Pentelyn Glycol, , Laureth-4, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Polyacrylamide, Allantoin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Laureth 7, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Hydroxyphenal Propramidobenzoic Acid, Yellow 5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This product actually aged me further. :( I received new wrinkles as a result of using it- now I need to look at saving for fillers to repair the damage. :( So disappointed and my self confidence is even worse now... First week, my skin actually did appear to look a little better and a bit brighter. But after almost a month, my skin is actually in worse shape than it was before using the serum! Price point is not too bad ($14 at Walmart), and this stuff didn't give me any acne (which was a huge plus at the time as I have very acne prone skin). Loved the pretty bottle, had a luxurious feel. I even liked the smell and feel of the product. But the added wrinkles are a MASSIVE disappointment for a product that is supposed to HELP wrinkles. Not looking forward to injections... If you want to appear older at a quicker rate (I don't know, maybe you're in a hurry to grow old, lol), then this will do the trick. You'll age 10 years in about 2 weeks time!

on 5/20/2014 1:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've already bought my second bottle of this stuff. Best product I have ever used on my face, hands down. I had previously tried lemon juice, but it became too drying and I could tell daily use on my face was starting to irritate it, judging by hardened white heads popping up. So I came across something about retinols. I had tried Differin as a teen, but as soon as I began to flake and turn red, I stopped - the doctor hadn't mentioned to me that this happens. But anyway..I have been using this for a few weeks so far. I use a 3-4 drops of this serum morning & night. I haven't noticed any tingling or burning upon application. My skin hasn't dried or become flaky either, but I have naturally oily skin. I let my skin dry for 20-30 minutes after washing, then rub the serum in gently. I have always had bad skin, but I kid you not - this morning I woke up and my mouth dropped - I am in shock! My hyperpigmentation on my cheeks is going away! My skin looked fresh, alive, glowy. The tone is completely evening out, the minor wrinkles I have from sun damage, etc. have yet to completely fade away, but everything is looking unbelievably better. I am so happy. The first week that I began this treatment, I had a few minor flare-ups (perhaps purging?), but they healed quickly due to the retinol, and now my face is pimple free and beginning to look like I actually have GOOD skin. I highly recommend this product and I have sworn to myself to only buy this - no more being tempted from marketing campaigns to stray away, because this stuff totally works for my skin. For those with dry or sensitive skin, I don't know if I'd recommend because I know retinols. This is HG status

1-month update: skin is still doing great, even getting better. My breakouts aren't as bad, and if I do get a pimple it's gone very quickly. Hyperpigmentation is fading. I've also gone back to supplementing with evening primrose oil because my breakouts are always hormonal & it's helping immensely - try if you need a little extra boost, great skin benefits. I also use my other favorite product olay microdermabrasion kit twice a week. my skin LOVES both of these products! will update again in a month or so, but so far, so very very good!

Roc ROCKS! This is GREAT! Secret is too apply moisturizer afrer serum dries. I reccomend Roc's uplifting day moisturizer w/ SPF. Skin looks so much better! Try looking for it at Marshalls ot TG Max. Cheaper there.

on 1/25/2009 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this product, I really did. Problem is, it broke me out, badly. At first I attributed this to purging since I figured the retinol was drawing the impurities to the surface, but this seemed a little suspicious because prior to using this serum I had been using Neutrogena's Anti Wrinkle Intensive Night Cream, another retinol product. In addition, I use Differin on my more acne-prone areas. I continued to use the serum anyway in the hopes that things would get better, but to no avail. Morning after morning I would wake up with a new blemish. I finally gave up. I am starting up with Green Cream Level 3 which has a measurable amount of retinol and after one night of using that, a blemish did not appear the next morning. Also, I use Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle Night when I do not use the Green Cream. I think that either the fragrance or the safflower seed oil in this made me breakout, not the retinol. I have since started using this on my neck to get rid of the rings I have and it has done an excellent job of that without drying my neck. I just can't use this on my face.

on 10/20/2008 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Although I am only 27 years old and don't have visible wrinkles, I started using this product ever since I discovered that Retinol doesn't only benefit wrinkles. I have extremely acne prone skin, even after a round of Accutane. After the accutane, my face still breaks out with the occasional acne and my upper arm, of all places, started breaking out badly. I've never had problems with my upper arm and I can only blame the Accutane. I got the idea to use this for acne because an acne kit I previously bought included a retinol cream, which made me start thinking. I decided to try this retinol serum on my upper arms as well as my face and it has done wonders. It has completely smoothed out my arms, the acne is disappearing and so it the ugly scars it left behind. As for my face, it makes my skin glow. I knew it was working when I bumped into somebody I haven't seen in a year and she said my skin was gorgeous and had a glow about it. I wish this serum was bigger since it is about $20 for only a 1oz but since it works so great I will keep buying!