RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum
Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, THE, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ammonium Acrylo/VP Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, , Nylon-12, Retinol, Copper Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Tocopherol, Laureth 23, Butylene Glycol, Pentelyn Glycol, , Laureth-4, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Polyacrylamide, Allantoin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Laureth 7, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Hydroxyphenal Propramidobenzoic Acid, Yellow 5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This product actually aged me further. :( I received new wrinkles as a result of using it- now I need to look at saving for fillers to repair the damage. :( So disappointed and my self confidence is even worse now... First week, my skin actually did appear to look a little better and a bit brighter. But after almost a month, my skin is actually in worse shape than it was before using the serum! Price point is not too bad ($14 at Walmart), and this stuff didn't give me any acne (which was a huge plus at the time as I have very acne prone skin). Loved the pretty bottle, had a luxurious feel. I even liked the smell and feel of the product. But the added wrinkles are a MASSIVE disappointment for a product that is supposed to HELP wrinkles. Not looking forward to injections... If you want to appear older at a quicker rate (I don't know, maybe you're in a hurry to grow old, lol), then this will do the trick. You'll age 10 years in about 2 weeks time!

I mix this with a few drops of the Ordinary Alpha Lipoic Acid 5% and my skin looks amazing. I also use ROC Multi Correction 5 in 1 Restoring Night Cream after it dries. This is the most inexpensive treatments I have ever used and the best. Skin looks good the next morning and I could use makeup with it but I usually use PC's Resist Super Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30. The tint is so neutral and blends in so well that I just use Australis pressed powder over it and that's it, I'm done. My son's fiancee asked him if I wanted to have my hair and makeup done for their wedding and he told her he'd ask but that I don't really use makeup, what a nice compliment from someone who has seen me with and without makeup and has no idea what a skin care routine is and what it takes.

on 8/1/2018 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is some serious stuff here! I've been trying and using a lot of different products for some time now and I do not have sensitive skin at all. Very few products have been so uncomfortable or irritating that I couldn't tolerate it and this is one of them. I have used and do use retinol products. I actually use the roc retinol night cream with no issues at all. This serum made my face red, irritated, uncomfortable and I discontinued use pretty soon after starting. I tried decreasing frequency of use to mixing it with my moisturizer and when none of these worked i went back to the retinol night cream and stopped using this. Then my skin went back to normal. This may be a good wrinkle problem but my skin could not take it. I recommend trying the retinol night cream by rox instead.

on 7/7/2018 8:07:00 AM

I will NEVER buy a department store serum brand again after buying this on a whim! Wow after 1 week of use my 47 year old skin looks AMAZING! I pair this with my Olay Regenerist moisturizer, Smashbox primer and LancĂ´me Regenerist foundation and my skin looks amazing! Fine lines are gone and skin looks plumped!

on 6/7/2016 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was really (super) faithful to Olay serum for years but this has quickly become my new BFF. My skin and wrinkles look so much better with Roc Retinol Deep Wrinkle Serum. Less appts to the Botox doctor which is great!

Loved this stuff! Don't have severe wrinkles yet, but used this to prevent. Noticed significant clearing of my pores and acne scars. Made my skin soft and bright

However! This is impossible to find in EU now. :( The whole Correxion line has been done away with here in the Netherlands. Can't find anything comparable

on 1/16/2014 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this product because I prefer serums to creams since I have oily skin. Serums are generally lighter and are quickly absorbed. I was surprised at how good this serum is. After using it for only a week my skin was clearer with more refined pores and over-all a younger appearance. Deep lines seems less noticeable too. The surface of the skin is fresher looking. Usually I also have reddish areas around the chin and nose and these are much reduced. I'm impressed by the improvement. It does burn slightly on application but it's not much more than a tingle. Some retinol products are much harsher. I don't find there is much if any irritation. I can even use it around my eyes without any problem. The serum comes in an easy to use pump bottle that dispenses one large drop. I apply this one drop over a damp face from the shower at night. That's all you really need. I only use it at night but there is no reason why you couldn't wear it during the daytime as well. It does have a noticeable perfume which some may object to. It's a nice citrus-y smell but very definitely there. The pump bottle works well though isn't great for travel.

on 10/12/2013 4:10:00 PM

I'm 27 years old and I needed something major for my skin! I started to see small signs of aging. I wear a lot of make-up and break out more than I should on my chin area. I bought this product because I heard good things about it. I am IN LOVE!!!! It got rid of my acne and it took out the lines on my forehead and laugh lines. Around my eyes even looks better. It looks GREAT under my make-up too. My skin is less oily and my breakout gone for good. Only use it at night though! it burns like crazy around your eye area if you use it too much. Over all I will buy this again :)

PROS: THis has a lot of loyal followers for results. Does give me a "glow" and almost plump up my skin a bit. The price is fair.

CONS: A bit of burnt coffee smell under the perfumey smell.(It doesn't bother my allergies, which many things do, so I put up with it for the results I get.)

ALTERNATES: Paula's Choice new 1% retinol has a more tolerable scent but for a lot more $, though.

on 6/10/2013 8:45:00 AM

Have been using this product for 9 weeks now, 2x a day, morning and night after washing my face. I smooth it all over my face and neck, let it dry, then top with a light moisturizer (SPF 15 for day). I absolutely without a doubt notice a change in my skin! No joke, this stuff works. 1) fine lines much less noticeable 2) skin tone evened out 3) small discolorations gone 4) face looks "fresh". The biggest applause for this stuff is that I'm now perfectly comfortable with how my skin looks when I don't have make up on - this serum is that good. Previously I felt I always need some kind of foundation. When I do use make up I still use powder foundation and haven't had any problems applying after using this product.

I'm middle-aged, fair skin. Even using this product twice a day right from the start I didn't have any reaction - no redness, irritation, etc. I do feel a moisturizer is needed after the serum dries, a light moisturizer that according to Roc should not also contain retinol/anti-aging product.

I've also had great results from Mary Kay's similar products - however it's so much easier to grab things when I'm out at the store than ordering from a rep (sorry Mary Kay). This was actually on sale when I bought it, but I would definitely pay full price (which is around $20). It's pricier than other similar store brands but MUCH cheaper than the serums sold at department store make up counters. And, it's worth every penny spent. This is good stuff.

The bottle is 1 oz, small and classy looking, pump dispenser - which is nice b/c only a little bit is needed. Roc recommends sunscreen/care in the sun when using this product as it can increase sensitivity to the sun. I didn't notice a big increase in sun sensitivity, but then again I wasn't applying this and then going to the beach for the day. So, not sure about that. I guess just be a little extra careful in the sun while using this product.

Overall - very good product, will definitely buy this again (as in, buying more before this even runs out!). Yeah! :)