RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum
Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, THE, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ammonium Acrylo/VP Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, , Nylon-12, Retinol, Copper Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Tocopherol, Laureth 23, Butylene Glycol, Pentelyn Glycol, , Laureth-4, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Polyacrylamide, Allantoin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Laureth 7, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Hydroxyphenal Propramidobenzoic Acid, Yellow 5

on 8/1/2018 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is some serious stuff here! I've been trying and using a lot of different products for some time now and I do not have sensitive skin at all. Very few products have been so uncomfortable or irritating that I couldn't tolerate it and this is one of them. I have used and do use retinol products. I actually use the roc retinol night cream with no issues at all. This serum made my face red, irritated, uncomfortable and I discontinued use pretty soon after starting. I tried decreasing frequency of use to mixing it with my moisturizer and when none of these worked i went back to the retinol night cream and stopped using this. Then my skin went back to normal. This may be a good wrinkle problem but my skin could not take it. I recommend trying the retinol night cream by rox instead.

Yeah.. Just bought this today at Walmart. The bottle literally broke in my hands.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product. I will make this short and sweet though - bottom line - this product made me break out in zits. I rarely ever have a blemish but this stuff gave me a lot at the same time. I have combo skin that is usually sensitive. If I ever react to a product its because I break out in a rash from sensitivity, but this made me break out in zits instead. :(

on 9/24/2010 11:32:00 PM

I got this thinking, I can get some anti-aging benefit from this since it has rentiol in it. Well me and my husband tried it that night and we both broke out by the next day. My husband had a bump that bled came out of the blue for no reason. And i had break outs all over my chin area. It too me two months to get my skin back right. Not to mention all the chemical peels that i had to do to get rid of the blemishes left behind.

I think that the rentinol was just to strong for My husband and I.

on 4/15/2010 8:51:00 AM

I bought this and it did nothing for me, I found the smell to be quite unpleasant also. The serum was relegated to the back of the cupboard until I ran out of Olay regenerist night cream and thought I would give the ROC serum another go, at least that way I could finally use it all up and be rid of it.

So I've been using this for 3 weeks in conjunction with a night time moisturizer from the face shop (why does it always seem that awful products take forever to use up although great ones seem to go in a flash)

Anyway after making this the only adjustment to my beauty routine I now have 2 big angry red pimples on my chin and forehead and my skin looks awful. After reading the other reviews on this site I see break outs is a common complaint amongst the other dissatisfied consumers. I've now gone back to my HG Olay Regenerist night cream and will be tossing this rubbish in the bin where it belongs

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Horrible. It made my skin red and irritated, broke me out, and made my wrinkles look deeper. I tried applying only 3x per week - still didn't work. I have heard that it takes a while for these types of products to work so I stuck with it for a month. I can't take it anymore, though. This product is ruining my skin.

Yuck. I didn't like this serum at all. I used it for over 12 weeks and it didn't help my skin at all. To be fair, I don't have any deep wrinkles, but do have fine laugh lines and fine lines on my forehead. Maybe my wrinkles aren't deep enough for this serum to make a difference. Nevertheless I didn't feel that my skin benefited from the serum at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This product actually aged me further. :( I received new wrinkles as a result of using it- now I need to look at saving for fillers to repair the damage. :( So disappointed and my self confidence is even worse now... First week, my skin actually did appear to look a little better and a bit brighter. But after almost a month, my skin is actually in worse shape than it was before using the serum! Price point is not too bad ($14 at Walmart), and this stuff didn't give me any acne (which was a huge plus at the time as I have very acne prone skin). Loved the pretty bottle, had a luxurious feel. I even liked the smell and feel of the product. But the added wrinkles are a MASSIVE disappointment for a product that is supposed to HELP wrinkles. Not looking forward to injections... If you want to appear older at a quicker rate (I don't know, maybe you're in a hurry to grow old, lol), then this will do the trick. You'll age 10 years in about 2 weeks time!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used this during the first half of April 2017 whilst applying the ROC Deep wrinkle night cream on the other side of my face for a good comparison (more about that in a separate review). I built up my skins' tolerance level which is something I suggest anyone new to retinol should do, by applying every 3rd day, then every 2nd and eventually nightly. I also recommend stopping use of all retinol products at least once every year to avoid reaching the dreaded 'retinol plateau' that others have mentioned.

Anyhow back onto the product. I preferred the light texture of this to the night cream and that it didn't sit on my skin but sank in quite easily. Retinol does work! Even in the short amount of time that I used it my pores did look more refined and my skin tone overall fresher and smoother. However, with 3 types of silicones in the formulation that joy would be short-lived. By day 10 I was already breaking out, despite the gaps in between without use. Bottom line is: if your skin does not like silicones go with another brand that doesn't list 'Cyclopentasiloxane' or 'Dimethicone' in its ingredients list. Unfortunately at the time of using these (and many other silicone-containing products) I was never able to make the connection.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 4/5/2011 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

This didn't do anything for me & I didn't like the scent. I used most of my bottle & never repurchased. I wish I was one of the ones who got remarkable results.