RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum
Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, THE, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ammonium Acrylo/VP Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, , Nylon-12, Retinol, Copper Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Tocopherol, Laureth 23, Butylene Glycol, Pentelyn Glycol, , Laureth-4, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Polyacrylamide, Allantoin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Laureth 7, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Hydroxyphenal Propramidobenzoic Acid, Yellow 5

on 5/21/2018 1:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I'm surprised to see that I've never reviewed this product, since I've repurchased it many times. I really like the pump packaging. It's reasonably priced (around $22) and widely available at drugstores and grocery stores (as well as Ulta) in the U.S.

OK, now they are saying that one must start using retinols practically from infancy, so I have several that I rotate around. No one product gets all my love! RoC has an effective retinol that has contributed to my much improved complexion over the past 5 years. Probably worth 4 or 5 times its price. There is a fragrance, and you can either tolerate it or you can't. I don't mind this one. I hate L'Oreal's (but neither seems to irritate my skin).

I generally don't use this as a layering product. I use it either alone at night, often in warmer weather when I don't feel like I need much moisture; or I use it in the morning as a sort of makeup primer. It does have an immediate smoothing effect in addition to the longer term ones.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this for a few years in my late teens to help with acne. Nothing ever cleared my skin so fast (and I've been on nearly every topical prescription and pill besides accutane). It seriously does wonders and doesn't dry skin out at all. Somehow I navigated away from this product- I lived in Italy for half a year and didn't pack enough bottles and couldn't find this specific product. I tried a retinol from La Roche-Posay and I didn't like it too much. My skin progressively got worse and I decided to try Differin because I remembered how much good retinol did for my skin- big mistake! I know there's a purging period with many topical acne products but it was lasting 2+ months and I just don't lead the sort of lifestyle where I can just hide my face or cake my face in makeup for months. I started using this again and my skin is clearing up, feeling more hydrated, and pores are looking smaller. My only caveat is that the scent can make my eyes sensitive- but I have incredibly sensitive eyes that can't stand anything being near them. If you've tried Differin and it didn't work for your skin type I would suggest trying this. Retinol is wonderful for a whole host of skin issues but you have to find the right formulation for you.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like it. It seems to smooth and brighten skin. However, one lippie off for the terrible smell and the fact that it's a bit drying.

on 7/9/2016 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wow. I knew I should be using a retinol, but got scared off after trying retin-a and renova - both made me peel and flake like crazy. I looked horrible and couldn't push past that "worse before it's better" phase. With this, it works with zero ugly side effects!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When my holy grail RoC Multi Correxion Skin Renewing Serum in the blue bottle was discontinued (I miss it.. my skin responded wonderfully to it & it smelled like maple syrup) I decided to try out the RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Serum. Now, I don't have deep wrinkles. I do have the beginnings of noticeable lines around my eyes though... probably from years of pulling my eyes open when putting in contacts + the really bad habit of rubbing my eyes. Anyhow, I'm in my mid twenties so now is as good a time as any to start using an anti-aging product.

This retinol serum really agrees with my skin. The texture is silky. The smell is sort of musty... it's very unpleasant but I appreciate that there are no artificial fragrances. My fine lines appear softer. I've also noticed that when I have a breakout & use this a few nights in a row it basically completely clears up my skin.

The cons are that if you put too much of this on your skin will feel tingly or a slight burning sensation. You want to be sure to use just enough & not overdo it. Also this will dry your skin out slightly but if you use a moisturizer after you won't have that problem.

I usually use this on days I don't exfoliate so as not to overly irritate my skin. It's less than $15 at the drugstore I believe, & for that price this product performs phenomenally, IMO. The only reason I won't repurchase is because I'll be going for a cruelty-free serum when this one is done.

on 6/7/2016 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was really (super) faithful to Olay serum for years but this has quickly become my new BFF. My skin and wrinkles look so much better with Roc Retinol Deep Wrinkle Serum. Less appts to the Botox doctor which is great!

Yeah.. Just bought this today at Walmart. The bottle literally broke in my hands.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I recently received this is a beauty box, and was pleased to try it since I've never used anything from this line. After only about a week of use, I really began to notice a difference. I get this weird thing around the perimeter of my face most noticeable around my hairline, where it feels like little tiny nodules in the skin it drives me crazy. I could never "see" anything just could feel them. Probably just debris collecting in the pores. I've tried scrubs, masks, and multiple diy treatments. Even my clarsonic never totally did away with them. Once I had used this about a week, the little nodules were definitely less noticeable. My skin visibily seemed brighter and more luminious. Now I don't feel them anymore. I use this serum at night, after I wash my face, but before my moisturizer. I learned not to use it on or around my nose cause it seemed to be a little too drying there, but everywhere else on my face. While I'm not a fan of the smell of this, it's not that off putting that I wouldn't use it. And when I use this up I plan to purchase this little jewel again.

I just this past week had to have outpatient surgery, and that morning from the nice lady that checked me in, to every single nurse that took care of me that day, commented on how beautiful my complexion is. I'm 56 I don't expect those kind of comments anymore. And most of them wanted to know my secret. Baby wash, Olay moisturizer, and this. This product being the the key.

If you've never used a serum, try this, it is worth it!

Loved this stuff! Don't have severe wrinkles yet, but used this to prevent. Noticed significant clearing of my pores and acne scars. Made my skin soft and bright

However! This is impossible to find in EU now. :( The whole Correxion line has been done away with here in the Netherlands. Can't find anything comparable

I am in love with this product. I received it free in a beauty box and have never been so happy to repurchase a skin care product before. This works on my skin. It works! I have tried at least a dozen other "wrinkle eraser" products and, while at best they are nice and moisturizing and at worst they make me break out, they don't do anything for the lines that are cropping up around my eyes. This product has softened those crow's feet considerably. It's also diminished the crepey skin on my eyelids.I feel like I've turned back the clock about 5-6 years (before my second and third boys.Trust me when I say that having three boys gives you wrinkles!). The serum itself is soft and non-greasy. It sinks in almost immediately, although there is a slight sticky feeling I get when I'm lying on my pillow at night. It's definitely not a deal breaker, though. The smell is not my favorite; it reminds me of self-tanner smell but again, not a deal breaker. Despite those two small ticks against it, in my opinion it is well, well worth the price for the results. My skin looks glowy and soft. The hyperpigmentation I have on my upper lip (in the shape of a moustache, thankyouverymuch) has started to fade! That alone is worth it to me. And my eyes look bright and really much less lined and careworn. I've not noticed any stinging, redness or dryness on my already dry skin and the bottle is really a nice, heavy glass bottle with a pump and a cover to keep the end of the pump from getting that globby blob of dried up product in it.
I've used this product before bed for about a month now and I am tickled to my toes by the results. I don't even need primer under my foundation anymore. I'm not kidding! I hope if you try this stuff it works as well for you as it did for me. I will repurchase again and again.