RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

RoC Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum
Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Serum

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, THE, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ammonium Acrylo/VP Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, , Nylon-12, Retinol, Copper Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Tocopherol, Laureth 23, Butylene Glycol, Pentelyn Glycol, , Laureth-4, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Polyacrylamide, Allantoin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Laureth 7, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Hydroxyphenal Propramidobenzoic Acid, Yellow 5

on 8/1/2018 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is some serious stuff here! I've been trying and using a lot of different products for some time now and I do not have sensitive skin at all. Very few products have been so uncomfortable or irritating that I couldn't tolerate it and this is one of them. I have used and do use retinol products. I actually use the roc retinol night cream with no issues at all. This serum made my face red, irritated, uncomfortable and I discontinued use pretty soon after starting. I tried decreasing frequency of use to mixing it with my moisturizer and when none of these worked i went back to the retinol night cream and stopped using this. Then my skin went back to normal. This may be a good wrinkle problem but my skin could not take it. I recommend trying the retinol night cream by rox instead.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I used this during the first half of April 2017 whilst applying the ROC Deep wrinkle night cream on the other side of my face for a good comparison (more about that in a separate review). I built up my skins' tolerance level which is something I suggest anyone new to retinol should do, by applying every 3rd day, then every 2nd and eventually nightly. I also recommend stopping use of all retinol products at least once every year to avoid reaching the dreaded 'retinol plateau' that others have mentioned.

Anyhow back onto the product. I preferred the light texture of this to the night cream and that it didn't sit on my skin but sank in quite easily. Retinol does work! Even in the short amount of time that I used it my pores did look more refined and my skin tone overall fresher and smoother. However, with 3 types of silicones in the formulation that joy would be short-lived. By day 10 I was already breaking out, despite the gaps in between without use. Bottom line is: if your skin does not like silicones go with another brand that doesn't list 'Cyclopentasiloxane' or 'Dimethicone' in its ingredients list. Unfortunately at the time of using these (and many other silicone-containing products) I was never able to make the connection.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/16/2018 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just started using this about a week ago, and I'm in love! The first day I tried it, I applied it over a ripe, red zit that was forming, and by morning, it was gone! It feels great on the skin. I wish I had started using this a long time ago. Basically, I'm now in my 40s, and I'm trying to get rid of fine lines, age spots, and large pores. I'll update this review later to report any changes!

on 7/7/2018 8:07:00 AM

I will NEVER buy a department store serum brand again after buying this on a whim! Wow after 1 week of use my 47 year old skin looks AMAZING! I pair this with my Olay Regenerist moisturizer, Smashbox primer and Lancôme Regenerist foundation and my skin looks amazing! Fine lines are gone and skin looks plumped!

on 5/21/2018 1:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I'm surprised to see that I've never reviewed this product, since I've repurchased it many times. I really like the pump packaging. It's reasonably priced (around $22) and widely available at drugstores and grocery stores (as well as Ulta) in the U.S.

OK, now they are saying that one must start using retinols practically from infancy, so I have several that I rotate around. No one product gets all my love! RoC has an effective retinol that has contributed to my much improved complexion over the past 5 years. Probably worth 4 or 5 times its price. There is a fragrance, and you can either tolerate it or you can't. I don't mind this one. I hate L'Oreal's (but neither seems to irritate my skin).

I generally don't use this as a layering product. I use it either alone at night, often in warmer weather when I don't feel like I need much moisture; or I use it in the morning as a sort of makeup primer. It does have an immediate smoothing effect in addition to the longer term ones.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this for a few years in my late teens to help with acne. Nothing ever cleared my skin so fast (and I've been on nearly every topical prescription and pill besides accutane). It seriously does wonders and doesn't dry skin out at all. Somehow I navigated away from this product- I lived in Italy for half a year and didn't pack enough bottles and couldn't find this specific product. I tried a retinol from La Roche-Posay and I didn't like it too much. My skin progressively got worse and I decided to try Differin because I remembered how much good retinol did for my skin- big mistake! I know there's a purging period with many topical acne products but it was lasting 2+ months and I just don't lead the sort of lifestyle where I can just hide my face or cake my face in makeup for months. I started using this again and my skin is clearing up, feeling more hydrated, and pores are looking smaller. My only caveat is that the scent can make my eyes sensitive- but I have incredibly sensitive eyes that can't stand anything being near them. If you've tried Differin and it didn't work for your skin type I would suggest trying this. Retinol is wonderful for a whole host of skin issues but you have to find the right formulation for you.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like it. It seems to smooth and brighten skin. However, one lippie off for the terrible smell and the fact that it's a bit drying.

on 7/9/2016 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wow. I knew I should be using a retinol, but got scared off after trying retin-a and renova - both made me peel and flake like crazy. I looked horrible and couldn't push past that "worse before it's better" phase. With this, it works with zero ugly side effects!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When my holy grail RoC Multi Correxion Skin Renewing Serum in the blue bottle was discontinued (I miss it.. my skin responded wonderfully to it & it smelled like maple syrup) I decided to try out the RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Serum. Now, I don't have deep wrinkles. I do have the beginnings of noticeable lines around my eyes though... probably from years of pulling my eyes open when putting in contacts + the really bad habit of rubbing my eyes. Anyhow, I'm in my mid twenties so now is as good a time as any to start using an anti-aging product.

This retinol serum really agrees with my skin. The texture is silky. The smell is sort of musty... it's very unpleasant but I appreciate that there are no artificial fragrances. My fine lines appear softer. I've also noticed that when I have a breakout & use this a few nights in a row it basically completely clears up my skin.

The cons are that if you put too much of this on your skin will feel tingly or a slight burning sensation. You want to be sure to use just enough & not overdo it. Also this will dry your skin out slightly but if you use a moisturizer after you won't have that problem.

I usually use this on days I don't exfoliate so as not to overly irritate my skin. It's less than $15 at the drugstore I believe, & for that price this product performs phenomenally, IMO. The only reason I won't repurchase is because I'll be going for a cruelty-free serum when this one is done.

on 6/7/2016 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was really (super) faithful to Olay serum for years but this has quickly become my new BFF. My skin and wrinkles look so much better with Roc Retinol Deep Wrinkle Serum. Less appts to the Botox doctor which is great!