Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara

Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara
Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof MascaraLights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara

3.5

Isododecane, aqua, pentaerythriyl hydrogenated rosinate, cyclopentasiloxane, PVP/eicosene copolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, polybutene, cera alba, cera carnauba, alcohol, polyquaternium -10, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, ethylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499)

on 8/19/2017 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

Awful!! Lashes stick and clump together. The mascara never dries but stays sticky all day. Top lashes stick to bottom lashes. It's not black enough and gives no volume at all. This was a waste of money.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am a complete Tarte fangirl... but this stuff is awful. I wanted waterproof mascara for the summer rain season, and Lights, Camera, Lashes! Original mascara is the best mascara I have ever used. This seemed like a safe choice. Application: all of my lashes sticking together, yet somehow not any darker at all. It never feels like it fully dries. Now, this is waterproof. But it is also everything else proof. Oil makeup remover, misc water, cream makeup remover, soap. Everything. It usually takes me a couple of days to get my lashes to stop sticking together. Perhaps I just got a bad batch, though.

I'll stick to drugstore waterproof mascara from here on out.

I have found a use for it though- I use it to cover my gray (or should I say, bright silver) hair inbetween coloring when it's getting long. Throw some of this on the part or my temples with my hair pulled back, and I am good. This stuff doesn't budge. Don't judge me, I am an old gal 😜

on 2/22/2017 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have very oily lids and live in a hot, humid place.

I really like this mascara. It holds my curls in place for the whole day and does not smudge throughout the day. It was a little bit wet when I first bought it and at that time it smudge a little, but after a few months (yes I know) it has dried up every so slightly and doesn't smudge anymore!

It also adds a a bit of length to my lashes, but it as good as what I would hope from a mascara of this price. However it is not clumpy and because of that I would repurchase it if I'm looking for a "natural" looking mascara.

Pros:
Holds curl
Doesn't smudge
Lengthens

Cons:
Does not lengthen enough
Have to wait a few months for it to be a consistency that I like
Hate the packaging

on 1/3/2017 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I can't get this to work. I look like I have nothing on. True, it is reliably waterproof, but I'm not sure that matters when you can't see that you're wearing it in the first place.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing mascara! I'm only buying waterproof because it holds my curl, and it does exactly that while maintaining volume and length. I marked down one lipstick because it is a very very wet formula but just give it a month to dry than youre all set !!!!

I was very skeptical at first because the first couple applications I had a very hard time building length or girth. However, on a tropical vacation this is just the thing. Tons of swimming and high humidity replete with rain this is not budging. And it is giving me nice separate lashes with some good length. Not a lot of thickness but I do think this is a successful waterproof mascara. I mark down one star for lack of girth and how many applications it took before I got an results at all. However, it does build nicely for a second application later in the day when Freshening up.

on 4/12/2016 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

This is a good mascara that I have purchased twice now. It is initially very wet when first opened and if you are clumsy like me you might get mascara smudges. But the tube does dry over time (about a month) so that it is easier to use. I like more noticeable mascara and this volumizes and lengthens my lashes. I use waterproof because of contacts and needing to put eye drops in at times. Recently I packed this for a family vacation in Maui and it held up to the pool and ocean, no smudging or flaking! I purchase Tarte cosmetics for their cruelty free stance and my only complaint is I wish this mascara used synthetic beeswax so it is truly cruelty free and vegan.

on 7/3/2016 1:25:00 AM

Ok so i dont usually use waterproof mascara. In the past i found it was clumpy and a bitch to remove but in a moment of excitement I decided to research and try again. I also want to go to a pool party and swim and still look beautiful...or at least feel I look beautiful.
The picture that is up looks nothing like the 1 I bought in fact the waterproof tube is the same as the regular.
Anyway, I tested it out tonite in prep for the party tomorrow and i am happy to report it goes on smoothly and without any clumping. It seemed just like the non-waterproof formula also it came off just as easily.
I am very happy with this purchase though it is expensive at $22+

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got this product by accident and was a semi gift also since my aunt bought it for me while we were shopping at Sephora. Anyway, this mascara dries sticky for me and when I blink my lashes get stuck to my bottom lashes which is annoying. Not the best mascara. Adds some length and volume but eventually turns clumpy looking if you don't apply slowly and carefully. I wouldn't buy again because of this, and even if it was good I wouldn't because this waterproof version contains cera alba aka beeswax and i preferably try to buy all vegan makeup products.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this mascara. It is the best. Really makes my lashes look like i am wearing falsies!!! Love how thin the formula is and it doesn't run or smudge. It is easy to get off with Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser. I have gotten so many compliments on my lashes since I got this. Def will repurchase!!! Great job TARTE <3