Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara

Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara

3.6

Isododecane, aqua, pentaerythriyl hydrogenated rosinate, cyclopentasiloxane, PVP/eicosene copolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, polybutene, cera alba, cera carnauba, alcohol, polyquaternium -10, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, ethylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499)

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing mascara! I'm only buying waterproof because it holds my curl, and it does exactly that while maintaining volume and length. I marked down one lipstick because it is a very very wet formula but just give it a month to dry than youre all set !!!!

on 7/3/2016 1:25:00 AM

Ok so i dont usually use waterproof mascara. In the past i found it was clumpy and a bitch to remove but in a moment of excitement I decided to research and try again. I also want to go to a pool party and swim and still look beautiful...or at least feel I look beautiful.
The picture that is up looks nothing like the 1 I bought in fact the waterproof tube is the same as the regular.
Anyway, I tested it out tonite in prep for the party tomorrow and i am happy to report it goes on smoothly and without any clumping. It seemed just like the non-waterproof formula also it came off just as easily.
I am very happy with this purchase though it is expensive at $22+

To Read all 92 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this mascara. It is the best. Really makes my lashes look like i am wearing falsies!!! Love how thin the formula is and it doesn't run or smudge. It is easy to get off with Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser. I have gotten so many compliments on my lashes since I got this. Def will repurchase!!! Great job TARTE <3

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got this product by accident and was a semi gift also since my aunt bought it for me while we were shopping at Sephora. Anyway, this mascara dries sticky for me and when I blink my lashes get stuck to my bottom lashes which is annoying. Not the best mascara. Adds some length and volume but eventually turns clumpy looking if you don't apply slowly and carefully. I wouldn't buy again because of this, and even if it was good I wouldn't because this waterproof version contains cera alba aka beeswax and i preferably try to buy all vegan makeup products.

on 4/12/2016 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

This is a good mascara that I have purchased twice now. It is initially very wet when first opened and if you are clumsy like me you might get mascara smudges. But the tube does dry over time (about a month) so that it is easier to use. I like more noticeable mascara and this volumizes and lengthens my lashes. I use waterproof because of contacts and needing to put eye drops in at times. Recently I packed this for a family vacation in Maui and it held up to the pool and ocean, no smudging or flaking! I purchase Tarte cosmetics for their cruelty free stance and my only complaint is I wish this mascara used synthetic beeswax so it is truly cruelty free and vegan.

on 3/17/2016 8:28:00 PM

I thought I was going to love this mascara, wrong!
I would not repurchase this and I wish I had returned it.
Cons:
-takes over 15 minutes to dry
-gets everywhere because of the drying time
-the packaging comes apart
-I know its waterproof but its really hard to get off! (I had to wash my face 4 times and use a oil based makeup remover)
-for the price I would rather buy drugstore one

Pros:
- its definitely waterproof
- lasts a long time

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Is it a bad mascara? No. Would I repurchase it? No. This mascara gives a touch of volume and length, but it has a consistency that is not-quite-but-almost chalky. I also noticed it is rather drying and does not separate my lashes as much as I would like. That being said, it creates a decent look, but the quality just isn't where it should be...especially for the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm glad I got this as a gift.... because I wouldn't spend any cents on this. It's good if you have thin lashes since it gives you thickening effect, but it doesn't hold up curls, lengthening nor smudge proof. It takes a while to dry too, like a liquid liner - something that never happened to me from my drugstore mascaras. If you have any extra cash to buy high end brand mascara, go get benefit's. This isn't worth it.

Edit: On a second thought, I like using this for bottom lashes. My bottom lashes is almost non-existent, and this mascara makes it look visible in just one swipe. But I still wouldn't repurchase it tho.

on 10/26/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why people are hatin' on this product. I love it! I have sparse and thin lashes and this really helped to make them seem thicker & longer. It holds a curl up well and is super waterproof. I wore it swimming and it didn't even budge. With an oil cleanser it removes really well with no irritation to my eyes. Yes it is a wet formula but I personally prefer it this way. And also, the packaging is cute as hell :D

on 10/1/2015 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Ummmmm, what is this even? It's like putting black watercolor paint onto your lashes. Not waterproof, not buildable, and makes you look like you have just a few weird, spiky eyelashes. I have great eyelashes already, but I am a mascara junkie. Most mascaras are perfectly fine, but this is not even that. It's so weird because I had great experince with Lights, Camera, Lashes. So bizarre.