Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara

Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara
Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof MascaraLights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara

3.5

Isododecane, aqua, pentaerythriyl hydrogenated rosinate, cyclopentasiloxane, PVP/eicosene copolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, polybutene, cera alba, cera carnauba, alcohol, polyquaternium -10, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, ethylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499)

on 4/9/2018 8:05:00 PM

I just love this mascara ! My biggest concern was to find a mascara that holds and last all day without running, flaking or smudging. I found it ! It applies nicely, no clumps, perfect every day mascara. And it last and lasts through the gym, spinning classes, laughing tears, even a day of skiing. I wear contact lenses and have sensitive eyes, no reaction at all. Well worth the price to me.

I absolutely love Tarte's Lights, Camera, Splashes mascara! I have been using it for years, I like to try out other waterproof mascara but I always end up going back to this one. It's my everyday go to product, I don't think I could live without it. It applies nicely, and has a simple mascara brush.

I have semi-long lashes, that are thin and black and when I curl my lashes, and use this mascara it looks really nice. It holds the curl, and doesn't clump or smear.

the only down side of this product, its super waterproof which can be difficult to take off but if you use a good eye makeup remove you should be fine.

Overall, I highly recommend this product, I've been using it for about 3-4 years and I think i'll continue to use it for a long time. It makes eyelashes look so long and clean! Who wouldn't want that? :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this mascara! It lengthens my lashes — allowing me to receive plenty of compliments —, it darkens it, holds the curl, thickens it, separates it, and does not smudge! This is a safe choice if you live in a tropical climate because it lasts the entire damn day! This is easily better than better than sex from too faced! Only thing bad about this is the removal process. It takes forever to remove but i guess that’s just a part and parcel of waterproof makeup.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this mascara after becoming obsessed with Lights, Camera, Lashes and definitely had very high hopes as I am a huge fan of Tarte! However, this is by far the worst mascara I have ever used. I will give it props, this mascara did darken my lashes a lot. I see a lot of other reviewers stating their lashes weren’t any darker, so maybe I just got a good/different formula batch. However, this mascara never.dries.down. EVER. It can be 45 minutes after a single application of a light coat, and my hair will move in my face and (gently!) brush up against my lashes and they are all clumped and stuck together, which is very frustrating. This stuff is waterproof, and I think the best removal method is definitely massaging a little of Pond’s original cold cream on just your eye area (it breaks me out anywhere else!) and wiping gently with a cloth. I don’t recommend putting this on your bottom lashes if you know you’re going to be out for a while or if you aren’t wearing any foundation/powder. For some reason, it ALWAYS would transfer and make the area under my eyes look rather dark, but wouldn’t do it when I had a full face of makeup on (daily I just wear mascara, if that) My biggest dealbreaker with this mascara was that it made it absolutely impossible for my lashes to stay curled without heating up the curler (do not recommend!) or using a primer underneath the mascara, which I’ve NEVER had happen in my 9 years of curling my lashes. It made the mascara practically useless to throw in my bag because I had to take all kinds of extra steps to make it perform decently, including tediously separating my lashes. Over. and. over. Overall, I usually recommend people try a product out for themselves to see how it works for them, but with this mascara, I’d skip it entirely. If you really wanna try it, try it’s non-waterproof version. With how many mascaras are out there and the abundance of bad reviews making the same points, I just don’t think it’s even worth it. No shade towards tarte though, still one of my favorite brands!

on 8/19/2017 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

Awful!! Lashes stick and clump together. The mascara never dries but stays sticky all day. Top lashes stick to bottom lashes. It's not black enough and gives no volume at all. This was a waste of money.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am a complete Tarte fangirl... but this stuff is awful. I wanted waterproof mascara for the summer rain season, and Lights, Camera, Lashes! Original mascara is the best mascara I have ever used. This seemed like a safe choice. Application: all of my lashes sticking together, yet somehow not any darker at all. It never feels like it fully dries. Now, this is waterproof. But it is also everything else proof. Oil makeup remover, misc water, cream makeup remover, soap. Everything. It usually takes me a couple of days to get my lashes to stop sticking together. Perhaps I just got a bad batch, though.

I'll stick to drugstore waterproof mascara from here on out.

I have found a use for it though- I use it to cover my gray (or should I say, bright silver) hair inbetween coloring when it's getting long. Throw some of this on the part or my temples with my hair pulled back, and I am good. This stuff doesn't budge. Don't judge me, I am an old gal 😜

on 2/22/2017 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have very oily lids and live in a hot, humid place.

I really like this mascara. It holds my curls in place for the whole day and does not smudge throughout the day. It was a little bit wet when I first bought it and at that time it smudge a little, but after a few months (yes I know) it has dried up every so slightly and doesn't smudge anymore!

It also adds a a bit of length to my lashes, but it as good as what I would hope from a mascara of this price. However it is not clumpy and because of that I would repurchase it if I'm looking for a "natural" looking mascara.

Pros:
Holds curl
Doesn't smudge
Lengthens

Cons:
Does not lengthen enough
Have to wait a few months for it to be a consistency that I like
Hate the packaging

on 1/3/2017 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I can't get this to work. I look like I have nothing on. True, it is reliably waterproof, but I'm not sure that matters when you can't see that you're wearing it in the first place.

I was very skeptical at first because the first couple applications I had a very hard time building length or girth. However, on a tropical vacation this is just the thing. Tons of swimming and high humidity replete with rain this is not budging. And it is giving me nice separate lashes with some good length. Not a lot of thickness but I do think this is a successful waterproof mascara. I mark down one star for lack of girth and how many applications it took before I got an results at all. However, it does build nicely for a second application later in the day when Freshening up.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing mascara! I'm only buying waterproof because it holds my curl, and it does exactly that while maintaining volume and length. I marked down one lipstick because it is a very very wet formula but just give it a month to dry than youre all set !!!!