Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]
3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

2.3

on 10/1/2012 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

When I bought this mascara and tried it out for the first few times, I wasn't a fan, only because I was applying one coat and it didn't seem to do much for me. I found it in my makeup bag again and decided to give it another try. This time I applied a couple coats and it defined and lengthened very well.

It does a good job of holding a curl (I heat my eye lash curler prior to curling) and totally opens up my eyes. I go to school and work two jobs and throughout my 12+ hour days where I need my makeup to last without reapplying, this does an excellent job of lasting all day and even in between naps. It doesn't flake on me at all either. I would definitely re purchase and will need to pick up back ups.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara was OKAY. It was great in the sense that with one coat, you would have GIGANTIC volume (does that even make sense?) and a ton of length, it also looked like you had three sets of extra lashes on. However, after a mere hour of wearing it, if you just lightly swooped your finger under your eyelashes, most if not all of the product would flake off, so you can the problem. Another issue I had with the product was the brush. After about five uses, putting it in a cupboard for a week, and taking it out again, I noticed that the brush had seemingly disintegrated. There were barely any bristles left. There was a very pungent smell as well. I would buy this again because of the great length and volume IF it had a new brush and better staying power.

I have a picture of the brush up as well.

UPDATE: Okay, so I couldn't upload a picture, I don't know why, but here's the picture via tinypic. http://tinypic.com/r/1z6sj78/7

on 6/26/2010 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is not a good Revlon product, It is one of the worst mascaras ever clumpy, dry. I would not get this again.

on 1/28/2010 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is not the best nor the worst mascara I have came across. Overall, I think it is a good buy. It did give me nice full lashes. I have actually been asked a few times what I use for my lashes when I apply this mascara.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was EXTREMELY surprised to see the low rating on this mascara! I have tried almost every drugstore mascara out there and this is the one I keep coming back to. It is the ONLY mascara that creates an honestly natural fan of lashes, while thickening, lengthening, and curling at the same time. It makes me look wide-eyed. It gives a false lash effect, but at the same time not, because it's so natural-looking! It just makes me look like I was born with amazing lashes; when I look at myself it's not one of the mascaras where you can immediately tell the person is wearing it. It is my "HG" mascara I guess you could say

Another great thing about this mascara: You can control the lash look. You can apply a little for a natural look, or keep building to a dramatic look, all the way to a false-lash look. I concentrate at the base of my lashes for volume, or comb at the tips to create length. The only con about this is that it definitely takes time to build up the lashes. But it's worth it. The small wand reaches all lashes, as well.

If anyone is having trouble with it, here are my tips/how I use it!:
- Don't wipe off the brush. I never do, even though it looks all clumpy on the brush.
- Wiggle it at the base of your lashes to create volume.
- Comb through to the tips of your lashes to volumize the middle and top of your lashes
- Comb just the tips of your lashes to create length (do this lightly so as not to clump)
- You can do a hard stroke through your entire lash to get everything covered at once, but if you do the previous 3 steps as described, you will get the best results.
- Go to the inner corners to get them covered.
- Repeat or do what as desired to build the look you're going for. :)
- Applying more pressure will obviously create a more dramatic look, so comb lightly if you find yourself clumping. I usually comb with more pressure.

Note: The formula gets better after it is opened to me, as it seems to dry out. The formula is overall pretty dry anyway though - good so it doesn't clump your lashes together. Sometimes I get tiny little clumps of mascara on my lashes; I just wait for it to dry and pick it out.

I'm still baffled as to the bad reviews on this. I get zero clumping and like I said an amazing FAN of lashes (no clumps or separation) and all the mascara wants: curl (not overly dramatic though), length, and volume!

OK..I got this 'cause the packaging looked cool. It's really really hard to apply.
So friggin' thick that makes my lashes look like gunky, spider legs. But sometimes with a right application, my lashes can look pretty good. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

The formula is thick and goopy. When you first take the brush out of the tube you can't see the bristles because the mascara goop is all over the brush. This mascara flakes like crazy. If you wear it for a few hours and then look in the mirror there will be little black flakes all over your under-eye and cheek area.

If you want to actually use this mascara first you have to take a clean piece of paper and take off all the excess from the brush wand. It does hold a curl and if you put it on in thin layers (wiping the brush wand with paper as you go along) you can build a dramatic effect. The brush design doesn't wow me. The formula causes clumps, so you have to go back with a dry mascara wand and separate...then you have clean off your face because it flaked.

This mascara is just too much work.

AND IT DRIES OUT IN A MONTH. WHAT THE HELL.

DO NOT BUY.

on 4/13/2009 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i love this mascara!
its small brush reaches and thickens every lash.
the lash thickening formula with gentle ingredients do not irritate my eyes.
is one of the very few mascaras that curls and dramatises my stubbornly straight droppy lashes. i use it on lower lashes too , the look is amazing!
my eyes look smolderingly beautiful with it everytime.
the glamorous sliver tube packaging is so elegant.
this a classic revlon product!
p.s i used this and the black colourstay eye pencil for a night out, it was humid, and hot, i was sweaty and dancing all night, this pair didn't smudge or budge one bit. how great is that!
p.s.s the mascara removes easily with any face wash, the pencil needs more work... preferably an oil based cleanser..

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm glad I got this mascara with eyeshadow because I would've been so upset if I spent all my money on this alone. Yes, I liked the pretty shiny silver tube, but that's all I liked. Like others have mentioned, the mouth is too wide for the excess mascara to be wiped off the brush. It does thicken, but it's very clumpy even when I wiggle. It's okay if you only use one coat, but otherwise it's too clumpy. Also, I feel like 5 minutes after I put it on, it disappears on me or something. I don't know where it goes, but my lashes look like I put nothing on them.

on 2/8/2009 3:33:00 AM

I second the previous ten previews. This is no good! Clumps and smudges and dries in the tube. Yucky brush as well