REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]
3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

2.8

on 1/8/2012 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I did not like this mascara, it was way too clumpy, all my lashes where just stuck to each other, it just not a nice look. could not wear in the evening either.

on 7/30/2009 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Oh my gosh...This is like the worst mascara EVER. This product is terrible on so many levels. The only thing cute about it is the packaging itself. The mascara is thick, goopy and lumpy. It reminds me of grease. The bristles are short, stubbly and serve no purpose. This reminds me of cake mascara but only worse. Would not use it again even if recession hits me upside my head. I'm embarassed for Revlon that they developed and marketed a product like that. I'm just in disbelief of how bad this mascara is

on 3/11/2008 3:16:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

All the people who are complaining you shouldnt have to read directions - that's just silly. Its a specialized brush,a nd if you dont understand why it's that way, you are pretty guaranteed to have problems.
I normally dont have good luck with the mascaras that are most popular (diorshow, bad gal, etc) and I finally figured it out a few years ago-I have VERY fine lashes. They are super long and very fine and I have a lot of lashes too. These heavy volumizing formulas jsut flake off my lashes and look bad all around. This formula works so well b/c it's thinner, so I can layer it on easily. **if you have coarser lashes or sparser ones, this product will probably not work for you.**
As for the brush - Im not so sure. I like the tiny bristles b/c they get every lash, but also tend to apply too much mascara. in general, it's hard to twist the brush so you can see the short from the long bristles so i ended up switching them back and forth anyway during application until I got the hang of it. It's a lovely black very dark and a bit glossy, but doesnt smudge-dries quickly too.
It's a great mascara and a decent concept, but jsut not for everyone. But hey, it's a rare one that works for me! yay!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

i think i may have found my HG mascara; a million products later. it takes time to put it on properly, but it's not rocket science. i haven't experienced any clumping or smudging. separates nicely without making my lashes look like sticks and it truly lengthens unlike many mascaras i've tried. highly recommend:)