REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]
3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

2.5

on 1/25/2012 9:58:00 PM

This is the first mascara I threw away without using it at all. The brush/wand itself is poorly made, the bristles are weird, and the tube was a bit dry. Don't waste your money!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This mascara absolutely destroyed my lashes!
They made them clump like crazy and my lashes were extremely heavy because of the mascara, so my lashes no matter how much i curled them would not get out of my immediate sight line.
When i blinked the mascara would rub onto my top and lower eyelids and i was left with an absolute nightmare sitting on my eyelashes.
The only personal note i can deduce is that when i bought the mascara it was on sale for about $8 AU down from the usual $20-something

I personally would not like to repeat this disaster.

on 6/9/2011 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a gel-like formula so you have to be careful cos it can get clumpy but I've got to say this is so far my HG mascara! It's volumizing like nothing else I've ever tried. Considering I have very oily skin and I have trouble finding e/l's that stay on, this doesn't smudge on me! I remove it after around 12 hours, at the end of my day, and it holds the curl of my lashes.

on 2/6/2011 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I got this for 75% off at CVS--I am always on the lookout for HG mascara so I figured for the price it was worth a try.

Not really.....it felt like it was already dried out before I even took the protective wrapping off and it was flaking on to my undereye area within the hour. Not impressed--I can see why this is clearanced.

on 1/27/2011 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This has officially replaced Diorshow as my HG mascara. I bought it on a whim when I saw it at Five Below for $2.99 and, honestly, was not expecting much. I was a bit put off by the brush at first. The top and bottom of the brush are thick but the middle is short and thin, but it is the old type of bristles which I prefer to the new rubber ones. The brush is a lot easier to work with than it looks. I'm not sure if it's because of the brush itself or the formula, but I get volume, length, and definition all at once. I haven't found that in any other mascara whatsoever. This stays put on me all day without flaking, and it doesn't smudge or run. I usually prefer waterproof formulas because I tend to have runny eyes and non-waterproof mascara always ends up runny and gross but this one doesn't at all. I'll probably just stick with the regular formula.

Another plus I've found is that this gets a lot less clumps around the tip than any other mascaras I have. I'll definitely be repurchasing this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The only negative about this is that it does dry out in about 6 weeks. I have thin, pathetic lashes and this gives me fantastic thickness and volume while at the same time being feathery soft. I have tried just about every mascara out there and nothing compares to this. I am probably on my twentieth tube of this stuff. I actually like that the brush is SO small...it lets you get every last lash and is much easier to work with than those huge wands. I recently started using this along with Clinique Lash Primer and I couldn't be more pleased with the results! I am shocked at the bad reviews on this mascara. I was a longtime L'Oreal Voluminous & Diorshow fan...but this blows them both out of the water!

on 12/24/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I did not like this mascara at all!The formula clumped to the brush & it just didn't go on well.After only a few weeks of use it dried out as well.I will not buy this again....

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my HG mascara. I've tried many brands and nothing compares to 3D extremes. It lengthens & thickens without clumping. I've repurchased atleast three or four times.

on 9/19/2010 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I'm very disappointed in all of the bad reviews! I LOVE this product and it has to be one of my favorite go-to mascaras! I have short, asian eyelashes and I've found that this mascara holds the curl (after I curl my eyelashes of course) the longest. I will admit that taking it off without an oil-based makeup remover is tough but I love this product just the same! Maybe it works only for people with very short lashes?

on 6/17/2010 3:54:00 AM

I purchased this mascara on a whim. Personally there are alot of other mascaras for the equal value that are much nicer. It tended to make my short stubby lashes darker, but more clumpy.