REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Other
REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]
3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

2.1

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara was OKAY. It was great in the sense that with one coat, you would have GIGANTIC volume (does that even make sense?) and a ton of length, it also looked like you had three sets of extra lashes on. However, after a mere hour of wearing it, if you just lightly swooped your finger under your eyelashes, most if not all of the product would flake off, so you can the problem. Another issue I had with the product was the brush. After about five uses, putting it in a cupboard for a week, and taking it out again, I noticed that the brush had seemingly disintegrated. There were barely any bristles left. There was a very pungent smell as well. I would buy this again because of the great length and volume IF it had a new brush and better staying power.

I have a picture of the brush up as well.

UPDATE: Okay, so I couldn't upload a picture, I don't know why, but here's the picture via tinypic. http://tinypic.com/r/1z6sj78/7

I bought this mascara on sale without reading reviews and hoped for the best. Not the best idea. The brush was horrible; it was small and ineffective. Onto the formula. Wow, this was just bad. It was very clumpy,oily and thick so I had to use my eyelash separator to get the excess mascara off. Trying to remove it was a nightmare! It wouldn't come off like my other waterproofs do. Terrible!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Well, I wouldn't say this was the worst mascara ever, but I couldn't really use it. I bought it at CVS when they were having the 75% off sale. When I opened the package to use it, the wand was so small that on one side you couldn't even see the bristles because there was just so much product on it. The opening to the mascara tube was to big, it couldn't take the excess off. I am not sure if this was a defect, but I wasn't able to use it. I am not sure if this product is still available anymore, but I won't repurchase it.

First Revlon mascara I have ever purchased and I won't buy this again. I enjoyed using it for the first few days (gave decent length, great volume and curl), but the formula dries up quite quickly, less then a week! After it gets dry it's impossible to use and looks like horrible!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the worst mascara I have ever tried. It clumped my lashes and felt like I had guck on them. To the trash it went.

on 1/28/2010 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is not the best nor the worst mascara I have came across. Overall, I think it is a good buy. It did give me nice full lashes. I have actually been asked a few times what I use for my lashes when I apply this mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

STRAIGHT GARBAGE!!!

I should have known not to stray to another mascara. The brush on this is tiny and has bristles only on two sides. It's very hard to apply since I try to apply with the bristle part only. It clumps like crazy!! The only plus I can give is that is definitely gives volume and doesn't run during the day. The downsides outweight the good though, will not be purchasing again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

The formula is thick and goopy. When you first take the brush out of the tube you can't see the bristles because the mascara goop is all over the brush. This mascara flakes like crazy. If you wear it for a few hours and then look in the mirror there will be little black flakes all over your under-eye and cheek area.

If you want to actually use this mascara first you have to take a clean piece of paper and take off all the excess from the brush wand. It does hold a curl and if you put it on in thin layers (wiping the brush wand with paper as you go along) you can build a dramatic effect. The brush design doesn't wow me. The formula causes clumps, so you have to go back with a dry mascara wand and separate...then you have clean off your face because it flaked.

This mascara is just too much work.

AND IT DRIES OUT IN A MONTH. WHAT THE HELL.

DO NOT BUY.

This is the worst mascara I have used in a long time. It's a huge mess and I wouldn't use it again if they gave it to me for free. It comes out in one huge clump all over the brush. You have to work the brush around to get it clean enough to use on your lashes. I had to buy a lash comb to make my lashes look decent. It's too much work and a true disaster. I don't know on earth made Revlon think this was a good idea.