REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]
3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

2.5

I bought this mascara on sale without reading reviews and hoped for the best. Not the best idea. The brush was horrible; it was small and ineffective. Onto the formula. Wow, this was just bad. It was very clumpy,oily and thick so I had to use my eyelash separator to get the excess mascara off. Trying to remove it was a nightmare! It wouldn't come off like my other waterproofs do. Terrible!

on 12/25/2010 3:29:00 PM

I don't know why people don't like this product. This is really good. I didn't think that this mascara would work well, but it surprised me. It really gives your lashes a good curl. They also give length and some volume. It does everything most girls want mascaras to do. It can be clumpy, but other than that it does everything.

When I was asked if I would buy this product I did say no. Only because my lashes are really long already and I don't need the length that this mascara gives me. This mascara is not the best for me, but I think a lot of girls need to try this because it is good.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Of all the drug store mascaras I've tried, this by far as to be my lease favorite. I have a thing for trying a bunch of diff. mascaras and nothing beats maybelline mascaras. I decided to try this as it was buy one get one free and it came in a double pack at the time. The packaging is nice but that's probably the only great thing about it. It comes out clumpy and it goes on clumpy. I have short eye lashes and this does not help at all. It just makes my eye lashes stick out straight and flat. No volume and it just looks gross on my lashes. Def. would NOT recc. this stuff.

on 5/24/2010 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I get the MOST compliments on my eyelashes when I wear this mascara!!!!! So I find it suprising it got such low ratings. The mascara does tend to be on the clumpy side, but that is what I love about it- it makes my eyelashes look super thick- people always ask if I have fake lashes on when I wear this. If you are looking for a more natural look, this would NOT be the choice for you- but if you like your lashes to stand out, this stuff is PERFECT. The only thing I don't like is how fast it runs out. I feel like the tube is shorter than most, but the price is not that bad so if you like the look of fake eyelashes and like your eyelashes to look a little more dramatic, you will not be disappointed with this stuff! :-)

on 2/21/2010 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

When I first bought this product, I HATED it. I was also just starting out in makeup, and didn't know how to effectively apply it. Then I started watching YouTube videos like a mad woman and figured it out. Yes, the wand is strangely small and gets a bit gobby, but there's an easy remedy! If you make sure to wiggle the wand as you work it through your lashes you shouldn't have too much clumping, and then just run a spoolie brush through your lashes to get out any remaining clumps! When used this way, I actually really LOVE the look it gives my lashes-- very VERY full and long. I get a lot of compliments on my eyelashes (people ask if I'm wearing falsies!) when I wear this, so there IS a way to make this work, ladies! I probably would not repurchase this again, because I prefer CG Lashblast or Loreal Voluminous, but I bought this for 50% off and certainly think it's a decent mascara-- just requires a little more work than I'm used to in order to reach its full potential.

on 9/22/2009 10:11:00 PM

i have this in black brown is a very natural looking colour, i dont mind but find have to take all the excess of the brush to make sure it dosen't clump my lashes so i feel like i waste heaps of it. dose make it look like i have thicker and more lashes. but as its not easy to apply will not repurchase.

I don't know why all the bad reviews, this has to be one of the best mascaras I have ever used.

The brush is really crappy looking, when I first seen it I was like great this thing is going to suck, I just wasted my money. I though it was going to clump and add no volume or length. When I put it on though, it went on my lashes so smooth and effortless and this is one of the only mascaras that has caused no clumps on my eyelashes.

I have never experienced the coon eyes or flakes like the other people and I live in Florida. Where the humid and heat are super high, so I get coon eyes real quick if it does happen. I hope no one is turned off by this product just because of the bad reviews.

on 5/24/2009 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This gets the prize for WORST mascara!!!! Clumpy, messy, gunk! Went into the garbage!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Hello amazing lashes! I get the most compliments whenever I use this mascara. I love it! I've seen a couple users say they dislike it for clumpyness, but it's all about your application technique. The brush is small, which is perfect for precision & getting ALL of your lashes. I find it's best to use this mascara with either a mascara primer or clear mascara on underneath. Apply that first, wait 2 minutes, apply 3D. Works like a dream for me :)

I ADORE this mascara. I have tried the $25.00 stuff and the $30.00 stuff, and nothing works better for my very long top AND bottom lashes then this $7.00 tube. It's all thanks to the bristles, 1/2 of them are regular length, and the other 1/2 a shorter and it really helps to lengthen and define. I recommend this to all my clients and friends.