REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Oily
REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]
3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

2.5

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm reviewing on the older, silver version of this that was discontinued. I found it for around $3 at Big Lots, so didn't expect much from it, but WOW! It holds an amazing curl, gives great volume, and can be layered for a more dramatic look without clumping. I'm going to stock up on this, since I'm sure the new formula will somehow be different. </3

on 5/9/2011 1:04:00 AM

worst mascara ever.

on 4/19/2011 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this mascara is quite bad. i find that it clumps, can't hold curl and smudges very easily. considering the price i really find this to be a waste of money - you can get SO many other mascaras on the market these days for a lot less. i gave the packaging a 3 because of the brush. it's got no defined brush or comb, whatever, to speak of... just this bristly thing thats got CLUMPING written all over it. save your money and don't repurchase guys :) you're basically just painting your lashes with this mascara

on 2/6/2011 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I got this for 75% off at CVS--I am always on the lookout for HG mascara so I figured for the price it was worth a try.

Not really.....it felt like it was already dried out before I even took the protective wrapping off and it was flaking on to my undereye area within the hour. Not impressed--I can see why this is clearanced.

on 4/18/2010 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

At the time that I bought this mascara, I loved it. It added lenght and volume very well. Unfortunately I found that it clumps way more than my other mascaras, and flecks off on my cheeks during the day. Oh well, I liked it, but probably wouldn't buy it again.

on 1/28/2010 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is not the best nor the worst mascara I have came across. Overall, I think it is a good buy. It did give me nice full lashes. I have actually been asked a few times what I use for my lashes when I apply this mascara.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

In general, I'm a fan of DS mascaras (b/c they're convenient) but NOT this one.
Packaging: I thought all mascara packaging was the same but somehow this sucks. The tube is actually hard to open despite the 'tire print' on the metal. The wand is weirdly shaped (which isn't a total negative). The bulb at the end is good for the "point the mascara wand up to hit the outside lashes" practice - but doesnt have full size bristles all the way down. Also the wand is really small - which is a positive for us short/small lashed mavens (a la "Lash Discovery").
Product: Unfortunately, the formula is thick & chunky and after the initial swipe, sometimes the wand is too small to deposit mascara.
The formula doesn't flake, lasts all day and doesn't irritate contact wearers BUT I won't be purchasing again simply because there are better mascaras out there for similar prices.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is extremely clumpy! I have to scrap the brush off on all sides before using each time. I really don't like this at all! It doesn't do anything for my lashes, and I definatley will not be buying it again.

on 7/29/2009 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I really love this mascara! The packaging is beautiful and I happen to love the brush because you can get into all the inner and outer corner lashes to get a nice fringe effect. I think it does a nice job with length, volume, and curl but the best part is the ability to get to those tiny lashes. I do use an eyelash brush afterwards to comb through and have no issues with it clumping. Definitely a keeper and repeat purchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use for 4 day, and I found it a very good product. Bravo Revlon!