Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]
3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

2.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this a week ago and I have to say I didn't expect to like this mascara as much as I do. I love the brush! The bristles on the end help with reaching the corner lashes without stabbing yourself in the eye or smearing it everywhere. I do love the way it makes my lashes look ( I uploaded a couple photos wearing this mascara). The only con I see so far is that it does smudge after a couple hours but that could just be because I'm oily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Turned my eyelashes into several clumps that looked like stiff spider legs. It divided my lashes into 4 thick groups and I had to wash it off and apply another mascara. The formula is also very dry and goopy. Will not repurchase.

on 1/8/2012 12:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I did not like this mascara, it was way too clumpy, all my lashes where just stuck to each other, it just not a nice look. could not wear in the evening either.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The only negative about this is that it does dry out in about 6 weeks. I have thin, pathetic lashes and this gives me fantastic thickness and volume while at the same time being feathery soft. I have tried just about every mascara out there and nothing compares to this. I am probably on my twentieth tube of this stuff. I actually like that the brush is SO small...it lets you get every last lash and is much easier to work with than those huge wands. I recently started using this along with Clinique Lash Primer and I couldn't be more pleased with the results! I am shocked at the bad reviews on this mascara. I was a longtime L'Oreal Voluminous & Diorshow fan...but this blows them both out of the water!

I bought this on clearance at Target, because it was cheap, packaged with a teal Colorstay eyeliner, and didn't contain anything I'm allergic to. My first impression upon opening it is that I had gotten a bad mascara that had already dried out.The formula is VERY dry. However, I didn't detect any odor indicating it was bad and decided to give it a shot.

I was actually pleasantly surprised. I'm not quite sure how a formula this thick and dry manages to work so well, but it does. It's far from 'holy grail' material, but it does the job. It lengthens quite well, but I can see how it could give the 'spider legs' effect if used by someone new at makeup.

The wand is small, with longer bristles on two opposing sides and very very short bristles on the sides in between. If you're someone who likes really big wands, this might not be for you. However, I think this wand is very easy to work with, especially if you have smaller eyes.

If you find it on sale and packaged with another item like I did, I'd definitely give this a shot.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Who invented this catastrophe of a brush? Really revlon? You thought this would be smart?

on 1/4/2010 5:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I use it over my waterpoof mascara as it doesn't hold my straight lashes in a curl well at all. however, it builds beautifully on top of that mascara without weighing the lashes down. Little clumping, but i notice flaking thoughout the day which gets really bad if i accidentally rub my eyes. Minimal smudging though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

STRAIGHT GARBAGE!!!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Good if you like the clumpy, spidery, dry look.
I like trying new mascaras, but stupidly didn't read the reviews for this first since I was in a pinch. Comes out very clumpy and messy, even looked clumpy after I took off the excess and brushed several times. Also, surprisingly hard to remove for a non-waterproof mascara-had to break out the baby oil.
Returned it to Shoppers and got my $11 back.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

The formula is thick and goopy. When you first take the brush out of the tube you can't see the bristles because the mascara goop is all over the brush. This mascara flakes like crazy. If you wear it for a few hours and then look in the mirror there will be little black flakes all over your under-eye and cheek area.

If you want to actually use this mascara first you have to take a clean piece of paper and take off all the excess from the brush wand. It does hold a curl and if you put it on in thin layers (wiping the brush wand with paper as you go along) you can build a dramatic effect. The brush design doesn't wow me. The formula causes clumps, so you have to go back with a dry mascara wand and separate...then you have clean off your face because it flaked.

This mascara is just too much work.

AND IT DRIES OUT IN A MONTH. WHAT THE HELL.

DO NOT BUY.