REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]
3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

2.6

on 8/30/2009 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I absolutely hated this mascara. It was horribly clumpy and didn't do a thing for length. This is the first time I ever tossed a new product in the trash after the first use.

on 7/25/2008 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Unlike others on this board, I really like this mascara. I have actually bought it more than once. Yes the brush is different and small, yes, it helps to wipe off the tip of the brush before using. But the brush also adds volume and fullness to my lashes, so they get that "fringe lash" look.

I don't use waterproof mascara's, and this one is easy to remove. It doesn't smudge during the day, and wears well.

It is my current favorite, and I have tried a lot of them.

Update: I have opened and my second tube tube and I am more pleased than with the first one. It is the middle of summer, and I have not experienced any goopeyness, flaking or clumping. My lashes look great.

on 7/10/2008 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I liked the look this mascara gave me, but as a contact lens wearer, this killed my eyes. It made them water, the mascara was impossible NOT to get on the lens, and it was impossible to completely remove it from the lens at times. Not to mention it scratched my lens up so much, I had to replace my contacts. I wear toric lenses, and no other mascara has ever done this to me. Toric lenses are not cheap either. They need to put on the package that this is not a mascara for contact wearers.

on 4/24/2008 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

If you're looking for big, dark, 50's style lashes, 3D extreme does a wonderful job. I love that it gives my lashes a wonderful thickness instead of the spidery wispyness that most mascaras impart.

You MUST follow the directions of the package, or else you'll end up with a clumpy mess. Because I prefer really dramatic, thick lashes when I use this, I usually just use the flat, short-bristled sides on my lashes, two coats, and don't follow up with the longer bristles afterwards. If you're looking for less dramatic results, just use one coat of the short side, and then brush through with the longer side afterwards. One thing I've learned is to NEVER wiggle this brush while applying mascara. Usually I wiggle mascara brushes at the base of the lashes to make them look fuller, but with this brush you'll just end up with a mess.

on 3/8/2008 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The worst mascara I have ever purchased. Clumps, flakes and is impossible to remove.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this on in Watsons and I immediately loved it. Sure, it had a weird shaped wand and too much product came out, but that can be solved by wiping it on a tissue. It gave me long, dramatic eyelashes that looked ALMOST too good to be real.
Great mascara. Don't understand the terrible reviews.

on 2/11/2008 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Ugh... I bought this and it SUCKS. Please don't fall for the commercials!! There's so much product and even if you wipe it off it leaves clumps on your lashes. It *may* lengthen, but I think it's an illusion from all the junk that's on there. Turns out, my mother bought them too - a two for one deal - and she hates it! She gave me the extra and I don't know what to do with it. I can't give it away - this mascara is too horrible for anyone to use!

~~update~~

I changed the rating from one to two. I did keep the second and prefer the black brown over the blackest black. TO MAKE THIS WORK: Wipe off almost all excess and carefully apply to lashes over and over.

It still doesn't get a good rating because it can smudge, flakes early on, and doesn't lengthen or fatten the lashes. It's poor quality. It CAN work if you spend a few minutes with it, but in the end your look is only decent and for about two hours.

on 8/24/2007 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

My mom thought I had false eyelashes on and my eyelashes are just normal length. You just have to get used to the brush.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

i think i may have found my HG mascara; a million products later. it takes time to put it on properly, but it's not rocket science. i haven't experienced any clumping or smudging. separates nicely without making my lashes look like sticks and it truly lengthens unlike many mascaras i've tried. highly recommend:)

on 8/3/2007 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Unfortunately.... I purchased this product before reading the reveiws... Even after reading the other comments I figured now that I have it..give it a try... and just maybe I will be surprised.. Of all the years I have been wearing makeup... (45+).. this is the worst mascara I have ever used, and I have used many brands over the years.. The application was really not the problem even thought it took some maneuvering. As always, I curl my lashes.. this mascara made them look like I had tiny weights on the end... Lashes would NOT hold a curl.. lashes took a downward trip... I gave it several attempts, over several days, with and without combing & curling... same results either way.. The only place this stuff belongs is in the trash.... I went back to my Unstoppable.. I have seen a few comments on the Jane products.. May give them a try..