Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]
3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

2.4

on 7/26/2007 10:31:00 PM

Holy......SHIT!! I just bought this on a whim (even though i have 9783473 mascaras, Dior Show being my HG) and came home and read all the horrible reviews and got really dissapointed. Well I decided to try it out...I curled my lashes really good (i have thin stick straight lashes that fall down as soon as you put mascara on them) and wiped off the 2 lbs of mascara on the wand and then applied..."WOW im impressed" i said to myself. I waited and applied another coat...WOWOWOWOW!!! my lashes are still FULLY curled after 3 coats of this stuff, and it literally looks like im wearing fake eyelashes....I dont even get the "false lash effect" from dior show. Dare I say this is my new favorite mascara?

*Edit*
This definately ISSS my new favorite mascara. I have a before and after pic...dont mind my brow stubble

continued >>

on 6/8/2007 12:09:00 PM

What are they smoking over at Revlon!????? This is the worst mascara I have ever used - and that's saying something. The tiny bizarre brush with that weird lump near the end is useless, plus it just causes the mascara to glob wastefully around the end. And then the shape makes it difficult to remove the excess mascara from any section without either removing too much from one section or not enough from another. Even after finally removing the excess, the brush is just completely a nightmare. I read and tried the various techniques described by other reviewers and I just can't find a way to make this brush work well. And the mascara itself is clumpy and gloppy and immediately begins to flake between the first and second coat. ( Yes, I AM a glutton for punishment, thanks for noticing.) As Whitney Houston so memorably put it "crack is whack." I say it's time to invest in some better pharmaceuticals and head back to the mascara drawing board.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, I actually bought this mascara because of the bad reviews! Let me explain...

I personally think that if you want your eyelashes to look natural, with a bit of length and volume, then don't go for one that says it will make them look extreme/false. It's kind of defeating the purpose ladies!

Anyway, I found from other reviews, that most people thought the brush was too small, it made their lashes clumpy, way too thick, etc.

I like my eyelashes to look false. They look natural when I wake up, wear no make up, so when I wear mascara, I want it to make an impact. I like my eyes and without mascara they don't stand out-all you can see are my dark circles!

The brush is alot thinner/smaller than standard size mascara ones. It is a fibre brush (I can't stand the plastic ones as they hurt if you nip your eyelid!).

I initially thought the small brush would just lengthen my eyelashes. Wrong. The small brush meant that I could get right into the roots and really coat my lashes. After applying 1 coat, my eyelashes were a nice shade of black and thicker. After 3 double coats, my eyelashes are much thicker and do not feel dry. One thing I must note, is that you don't really get any length with this, it just thickens them.

It does dry out after a couple of months or so. It is easy to remove-I just use my face wipes.

The tube is mainly silver and the top of the tube has a weird texture which is hard to explain, but you get a really good grip with it. The tube is fairly small in comparison to regular mascara tubes.

For me, this is a lovely mascara to wear in the day, but for those that prefer a more natural look, I do think 1 coat may be enough. However, I rarely wear this for an evening look,because I do need something that offers dramatic length aswell, as I love the false eyelash look. ;)

Yes, I have bought this many times and will continue to do so unless I find something virtually the same, but also gives the length and doesn't dry out as fast.

It's worth a try if you want fairly bold, thick lashes.

Crap. In. A. Tube.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Globby.

Generally, I'm a big fan of volumizing mascaras but this one is the WORST! The mascara formula itself may be okay but I'll never know as the brush is terrible. My eyes look like caterpillars each time I try to use it. It's clumpy (because of the brush) and I wind up using an eyelash comb to remove clumps which than makes a flaky mess. I hated this mascara.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Well If I had read these reviews I probably wouldn't have purchased this. The first time I applied this, didn't follow the instrustions & had seriously spidery lashes, couldn't comb through them either. I tried curling them after & it made a a difference. Anyways I gave it a go the next day, followed the directions & it made a big difference. The brush doesn't look like you expect. Its flat on 2 sides & has traditional mascara bristles on the other 2 sides & the top looks like a regular wand. There is ALOT of product on the brush & you do want to wipe it off but I find if you use a light touch you can avoid this. Basically you need to apply the mascara with the flat side first then brush through with the longer bristles. It sounds like a long process but I find it doesnt take any longer to apply this than any other mascara once you've gotten the hang of it.
Now all that said, I do not think it give the lashes that Jessica Alba is pushing! Nothing like them but when do adverts really make good on promises? All in all I think this is a decent mascara & I don't think its expensive, but there are better out there.
PIC included: I didn't use a lash comb or lash curler & I have Lancome Cils Booster underneath.
continued >>

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So even after reading the terrible reviews I went out and bought this the other day (I figured everyone hated Maybelline Lash Stylist and I love it, so why not?)

To start off with I definately agree that there should be a little stopper on the tube to get rid of excess mascara, that is a definate downer, but even without that I dont find it to be that bad.

As the reviewer before me said, it's definately not a 'one swipe and you're good to go" mascara, you do have to put some effort in, and I'm up for that if it will give me nice lashes, which I think it does.

So far I've only used it with Shisheido Mascara base, so that could be helping it, but I find that as long as the brush isn't completely globbed it's ok to work with if ur careful. I put my base on, and carefully rotate the brush through my lashes a few times and comb it through and it really builds big beautiful lashes. If you're careful and patient it's well worth it :)

EDIT 08.02.26 - probably wont buy this again, as it dried out super fast and ended up being terribly clumpy to apply, I'll stick to my HG Lash Stylist.

on 7/30/2007 10:29:00 PM

Ok ladies, i am a self proclaimed MASCARA FREAK!!!! I would rather go out with nothing but mascara than a full face without it. I naturally have decent lashes and dont often use the primer products out though i have tried them and currently DiorShow is my HG i love VOLUME and length. SO yes Jessica Alba lured me in to this as well, and i got it home and saw the brush and thought oh no this is going back. WELL ladies GIVE IT A CHANCE!!! First clean off the brush and secondly realize the application of this product may take a minute or two. If you throw it on quick and go it wont look good. use all the different bristles on the brush and you will look like you have fake lashes... NO LIE I am a tough critic on mascara again Volumious and Dior show are the only that compare and I will dare to say this is even better than DiorShow simply because Dior brush is sometimes just too big and i find the Dior tends to be a bit flaky. 3D lasted all day no running flaking or smearing

on 7/14/2007 8:58:00 PM

First of all, I have to say that if this mascara brush were a person, it would be called Britney Spears. Yes, it is that much of a mess. I can't believe someone was actually paid to come up with this thing. Secondly, there is no device within the container to scrape off some of the mascara as you pull the brush out. That said, I still really like what this does for my skimpy lashes. It is great at building volume, and it lifts my lashes, even if I don't curl them first. Some mascaras do this weird thing to my lashes that makes them want to curl in weird directions, but this one keeps my lashes nice and straight and lifted. It stays on great all day, yet it comes off easily when I want with a little makeup remover. I won't re-purchase, though. The "brush" is just too lame.