REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Green
REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]
3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

2.7

This *was* my HG mascara. Length, volume, depth of color. A bit dry but with patience could be built up to epic proportions. Revlon...please bring it back!

I bought this mascara on sale without reading reviews and hoped for the best. Not the best idea. The brush was horrible; it was small and ineffective. Onto the formula. Wow, this was just bad. It was very clumpy,oily and thick so I had to use my eyelash separator to get the excess mascara off. Trying to remove it was a nightmare! It wouldn't come off like my other waterproofs do. Terrible!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, I actually bought this mascara because of the bad reviews! Let me explain...

I personally think that if you want your eyelashes to look natural, with a bit of length and volume, then don't go for one that says it will make them look extreme/false. It's kind of defeating the purpose ladies!

Anyway, I found from other reviews, that most people thought the brush was too small, it made their lashes clumpy, way too thick, etc.

I like my eyelashes to look false. They look natural when I wake up, wear no make up, so when I wear mascara, I want it to make an impact. I like my eyes and without mascara they don't stand out-all you can see are my dark circles!

The brush is alot thinner/smaller than standard size mascara ones. It is a fibre brush (I can't stand the plastic ones as they hurt if you nip your eyelid!).

I initially thought the small brush would just lengthen my eyelashes. Wrong. The small brush meant that I could get right into the roots and really coat my lashes. After applying 1 coat, my eyelashes were a nice shade of black and thicker. After 3 double coats, my eyelashes are much thicker and do not feel dry. One thing I must note, is that you don't really get any length with this, it just thickens them.

It does dry out after a couple of months or so. It is easy to remove-I just use my face wipes.

The tube is mainly silver and the top of the tube has a weird texture which is hard to explain, but you get a really good grip with it. The tube is fairly small in comparison to regular mascara tubes.

For me, this is a lovely mascara to wear in the day, but for those that prefer a more natural look, I do think 1 coat may be enough. However, I rarely wear this for an evening look,because I do need something that offers dramatic length aswell, as I love the false eyelash look. ;)

Yes, I have bought this many times and will continue to do so unless I find something virtually the same, but also gives the length and doesn't dry out as fast.

It's worth a try if you want fairly bold, thick lashes.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Well, I wouldn't say this was the worst mascara ever, but I couldn't really use it. I bought it at CVS when they were having the 75% off sale. When I opened the package to use it, the wand was so small that on one side you couldn't even see the bristles because there was just so much product on it. The opening to the mascara tube was to big, it couldn't take the excess off. I am not sure if this was a defect, but I wasn't able to use it. I am not sure if this product is still available anymore, but I won't repurchase it.

on 2/6/2011 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I got this for 75% off at CVS--I am always on the lookout for HG mascara so I figured for the price it was worth a try.

Not really.....it felt like it was already dried out before I even took the protective wrapping off and it was flaking on to my undereye area within the hour. Not impressed--I can see why this is clearanced.

on 1/27/2011 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This has officially replaced Diorshow as my HG mascara. I bought it on a whim when I saw it at Five Below for $2.99 and, honestly, was not expecting much. I was a bit put off by the brush at first. The top and bottom of the brush are thick but the middle is short and thin, but it is the old type of bristles which I prefer to the new rubber ones. The brush is a lot easier to work with than it looks. I'm not sure if it's because of the brush itself or the formula, but I get volume, length, and definition all at once. I haven't found that in any other mascara whatsoever. This stays put on me all day without flaking, and it doesn't smudge or run. I usually prefer waterproof formulas because I tend to have runny eyes and non-waterproof mascara always ends up runny and gross but this one doesn't at all. I'll probably just stick with the regular formula.

Another plus I've found is that this gets a lot less clumps around the tip than any other mascaras I have. I'll definitely be repurchasing this.

on 12/24/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I did not like this mascara at all!The formula clumped to the brush & it just didn't go on well.After only a few weeks of use it dried out as well.I will not buy this again....

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I didn't like how this made my lashes look.. didn't really thicken or lengthen like I was hoping it would. I don't mind the packaging (small, not any strange shape so it's easy to fit inside a purse) but the brush was absolutely horrible. I know how to apply mascara properly, and yet with this brush, I managed to get mascara everywhere.

If you're looking for something inexpensive then I guess it's okay, but I personally won't be repurchasing.

on 4/29/2010 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I am apparently mostly alone in liking this mascara. The wand LOOKS like it would suck, when I opened it it looked all clumpy and tiny and I was immediately disheartened. However, I tried it, and it works just fine! Goof for building up thick, dramatic lashes, and if you apply carefully it doesn't clump much, and if it does, you can brush it through with another wand. Not the easiest to apply, I admit, but not horrible! I probably wouldn't buy it again, though, b/c there are better mascaras out there.

First Revlon mascara I have ever purchased and I won't buy this again. I enjoyed using it for the first few days (gave decent length, great volume and curl), but the formula dries up quite quickly, less then a week! After it gets dry it's impossible to use and looks like horrible!