REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 36-43
REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]
3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

2.2

on 1/8/2009 10:10:00 AM

I was in the need of a new mascara so I picked this one up on sale. It comes in a pretty silver tube but not much else can be said about this one. It clumps like nothing I have ever tried before. I apply in the morning and by the time I get to work it has smeared and flaked all over my cheeks. Not good.

I have found that if a take a tissue and completely wipe down the wand it will apply a little smoother but that is simply too much work for me. I want a mascara I can apply right out of the tube and go without giving much thought to it.

on 7/12/2008 12:45:00 PM

I bought this mascara before reading the reviews, but I read the reviews before using it, so at least I knew what to expect. First of all, anyone over the age of thirteen should not need instructions to apply mascara, so Revlon's doing something wrong right there.

The packaging, indeed, is a train wreck. The brush is so clogged with product when it comes out that you have to really scrape it on the rim on all sides just to see the bristles. I know one reviewer said that a tissue would take care of it, but then you'd be wiping off a whole bunch of the product each time you use it and wasting it.

My biggest complaint though is that it makes my lashes look so dull. No shine whatsoever.

It's one redeeming quality is that it leaves your lashes soft, not crunchy.

on 6/10/2008 4:31:00 PM

I've been trying a number of drugstore mascaras based on the recommendations in the 7th edition of Paula Begoun's review book; some have been good, a couple are spectacular - and then there's THIS mascara, which was AWFUL!

This mascara clumps all over the place, at least on me, so I've never even gotten to the point where I could see how long-lasting or lash-enhancing it is! After a clumpy 1st coat, I had to take it off (tried it 2x, at different times).

Aside from that, the packaging is awful too. Practically speaking, it's messy to get the mascara out after the 1st use; a LOT of it comes up with - and on - the brush & stays, all goopy, around the tube's opening.

Just on a personal note, I dislike the look of the tube itself. It's a round, flat-ended shiny metal tube with a pattern half-heartedly etched onto it... it looks like the oldest mascaras my mom had - retro, yes, but not in a GOOD way. (It's a tiny thing, I know, but I don't enjoy using cosmetics in NOTABLY cheap and/or unattractive packaging - especially when that packaging doesn't even work that well!)

What a clumpy mess and waste of money. This is the worst mascara I've ever tried. Even with my awesome metal eyelash comb, my lashes were all stuck together and it didn't lengthen them at all. Pass on this one for sure.

on 3/8/2008 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Totally against the crowd on this one. I have no problems with the brush, no clumping, and high drama lashes when I'm done. No flaking and it comes off easilly with my Origins face oil. Actually, I like this more than any of the mascaras I've tried recently including Dior Show, Fresh, Blinc, and Voluminous. Makes me look like jail-bait with "Bat-Bat-Bat" fat lashes!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This sucked. Clumped..dry...nasty. I would NEVER buy this again.

Horrible for me! Made my lashes clump together and look like spiders.

on 2/3/2008 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have short, straight, sparse lashes (okay, I know, I have horrible lashes.) This stuff is horrible for my lashes. I noticed no extra fullness and the mascara seemed to clump up on each lash making me look ridiculous. I used it twice and unfortunately bought it from a place that has no return policy on cosmetics. Wasted money.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love, Love, Love this mascara!!!!!!!!! I have thin, sparse lashes, and this makes me look like a super model...not at all clumpy, rich black color, and leaves my lashes soft and supple, not dry and stiff. I don't understand the other reviewers saying they hate it. I always use a lash comb no matter what mascara I use, but even so, I don't feel like I need it with this one. Every time it goes on sale I buy several tubes because I never want to be without.

For the record I hate Great Lash...don't get the hype. The wand/brush makes you look like Liza Minelli in Cabaret...like you have four lashes on each eye!

on 7/27/2007 9:01:00 AM

I'm quickly running low on my Bad Girl Blue and need to start shopping for a replacement. I'm still dying for Dior Show but current circumstances prohibit the purchase.
I will admit that I was suckered in by the advertising of this product. I tend to focus on my eye make up and have yet to find a HG of mascara. I've been wearing the product for over 20 years, you'd think that by now ...
I digress.
I've read a mix of reviews here and should have erred on the side of caution. I thought, I can read, I can follow directions. How hard can this be? It's only mascara after all. I tried it first last night over my curent mascara - not bad. A little odd in the application, but not bad.
Today was the true test. It wasn't as goopy as some have said, could manage to wipe it on the sides. On the lashes it just wasn't pretty. I used the small end to apply product and the larger end to disperse. My lashes came out gooey and clumpy. Had to do a second coat of Max Factor.
Difinitely will NOT repurchase; don't even know if I'll keep in my makeup bag much longer.
The search continues.