REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 30-35
REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]
3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

2.5

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, I actually bought this mascara because of the bad reviews! Let me explain...

I personally think that if you want your eyelashes to look natural, with a bit of length and volume, then don't go for one that says it will make them look extreme/false. It's kind of defeating the purpose ladies!

Anyway, I found from other reviews, that most people thought the brush was too small, it made their lashes clumpy, way too thick, etc.

I like my eyelashes to look false. They look natural when I wake up, wear no make up, so when I wear mascara, I want it to make an impact. I like my eyes and without mascara they don't stand out-all you can see are my dark circles!

The brush is alot thinner/smaller than standard size mascara ones. It is a fibre brush (I can't stand the plastic ones as they hurt if you nip your eyelid!).

I initially thought the small brush would just lengthen my eyelashes. Wrong. The small brush meant that I could get right into the roots and really coat my lashes. After applying 1 coat, my eyelashes were a nice shade of black and thicker. After 3 double coats, my eyelashes are much thicker and do not feel dry. One thing I must note, is that you don't really get any length with this, it just thickens them.

It does dry out after a couple of months or so. It is easy to remove-I just use my face wipes.

The tube is mainly silver and the top of the tube has a weird texture which is hard to explain, but you get a really good grip with it. The tube is fairly small in comparison to regular mascara tubes.

For me, this is a lovely mascara to wear in the day, but for those that prefer a more natural look, I do think 1 coat may be enough. However, I rarely wear this for an evening look,because I do need something that offers dramatic length aswell, as I love the false eyelash look. ;)

Yes, I have bought this many times and will continue to do so unless I find something virtually the same, but also gives the length and doesn't dry out as fast.

It's worth a try if you want fairly bold, thick lashes.

on 2/6/2011 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I got this for 75% off at CVS--I am always on the lookout for HG mascara so I figured for the price it was worth a try.

Not really.....it felt like it was already dried out before I even took the protective wrapping off and it was flaking on to my undereye area within the hour. Not impressed--I can see why this is clearanced.

on 12/24/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I did not like this mascara at all!The formula clumped to the brush & it just didn't go on well.After only a few weeks of use it dried out as well.I will not buy this again....

First Revlon mascara I have ever purchased and I won't buy this again. I enjoyed using it for the first few days (gave decent length, great volume and curl), but the formula dries up quite quickly, less then a week! After it gets dry it's impossible to use and looks like horrible!

on 3/17/2010 11:24:00 PM

I'm shocked at the bad reviews for this mascara. Just bought this yesterday on a whim at Watson's (Singapore) and paid $19 (about $14). I love what it does to my lashes. They are soo fanned out and full. I agree that the brush is unconventional but I love how it's easier to work with it. Also, the drier formula allows to create more volume. I gotta get my hands on more of these suckers. I see that they're selling on ebay for about $3!! Yeeey:)
Btw. I rated it low for price because Revlon is expensive in Singapore as opposed to the US. Drugstore makeup shouldn't cost this much!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use for 4 day, and I found it a very good product. Bravo Revlon!

This is the worst mascara I have used in a long time. It's a huge mess and I wouldn't use it again if they gave it to me for free. It comes out in one huge clump all over the brush. You have to work the brush around to get it clean enough to use on your lashes. I had to buy a lash comb to make my lashes look decent. It's too much work and a true disaster. I don't know on earth made Revlon think this was a good idea.

on 11/18/2008 10:03:00 AM

I had read the ratings on this and was not going to buy it but found it on sale with bonus eyeshadows. So I thought I would give it a try. I was looking for a dramatic mascara and the reviews made me think it wasn't but it gave me fairly dramatic daytime lashes and will be pretty for everyday when I don't want to wear any other makeup.

on 10/22/2008 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Lovely shiny tube. Pity about everything else.

Being a sucker for shiny things (especially if they're on special offer and don't look as cheap as they are), I tried this. Fortunately I was not financially ruined. Hands down, one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. Made even my worst so far - the Body Shop and Just For Redheads ones - look almost acceptable, in comparison. Where to begin? I'm all in favour of small brushes: but not when they're covered in mascara, with no scraping device built into the neck of the tube. So you have the choice of applying straight to lashes (clump central), wiping on paper/tissue (massive waste of 80% of what's on the brush), or scraping it on the neck of the tube. The old trick of bringing the wand out slowly while spiral-swirling it doesn't work (thought works well for other "clumpy-end" mascaras, like Clinique Long Pretty). The applicator itself looks like a cross between those flat spoolies (often work brilliantly) and the tiny ones with short teeth, or combs (ditto). But has none of their merits. I'd do better using my fingers.

The formula looked fine and fairly standard on the ingredients list, and managed the remarkable feat of combining the worst features of wetness with the worst ones of dryness. Pretty impressive. Goes on gloopy and too thick. Combing through between coats - yes, one can eventually separate lashes from one another, but by this stage the mascara's drying. It goes from too wet on application, through to too dry. We're talking crusty, crumbly, flaky dry.

End result: ugly lashes, and one very annoyed person underneath them, who's spent too long getting said crap result. I took it all straight off and put the good old Clinique Naturally Glossy back on again. Takes a fraction of the time, feels and looks gorgeous.

Pros? Not perfumed. When the flaky bits got in my eyes, no irritation. Not tested on animals. Mind you, the same can be said of many things, that would be about as much use as mascara: cocoa powder or coal dust mixed with shea butter for example; and there are many mascaras that are cruelty-free and ten bazillion times better. It did come off easily enough using oil. Last but not least, the tube made a satisfying clunk when thrown in the bin. continued >>

on 6/11/2007 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is hit or miss depending on how much product you remove from the brush before application. It usually looks spiddery and unattractive.