Alpha-H Liquid Gold

Alpha-H Liquid Gold
Liquid Gold

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water, Alcohold Denat, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Hydrolysed Silk, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wrongly assumed this was just glorified water, alcohol, glycolic acid and licorice in a bottle - it is a VERY basic ingredients list, however, this small combination of ingredients all seems to work somehow. I use this on an evening straight after my toner has dried by applying with a cotton pad and then once dried I skip the night cream and just leave this on to work. Yes it does tingle, for me I managed to reduce this by gently patting the liquid on instead of swiping it over my face and neck.

It isn't magic, if your skin is used to stronger concentrations of glycolic you could probably give this a miss (it's only 5%). I find it just sufficient to refine my skin texture and give a subtle brightening effect yet without any kind of irritation. I have to stress the results were not overnight, it did take a full 1 week before I could visibly see a difference but considering how gentle it was on my skin, the wait was not an issue. very good as a spot treatment! I just apply a drop to any bump that appears and it calms it down literally overnight. Long term I wouldn't use this due to the high alcohol content but every now and again this is perfect to use as a skin pick-me-up.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 4/3/2018 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Biggest waste of money in ny opinion!
In the first week I used this, I started breaking out like crazy. Kept using it in the hopes my skin was just purging. I spent a lot of money on this product so I kept trying for 2 MONTHS, changing the way I applied it, frequency, amount, etc. but my skin just kept breaking out. I have combination skin that is not sensitive.
I decided to stop using it for a week to see if it really was the product causing my crazy acne, or something else - and after just 3 days, most of the acne had already cleared. Fast forward a full week and everything is gone except for the acne scars this product had caused and left behind.
For what you pay, the packaging is also so cheap. You'd expect something nicer when it comes with a $60 price tag. The only improvement I saw with this is that it cleared what acne I had on my decollatage, but I didn't pay $60 for that. Don't believe the hype, there are much better products out there. I know that I for one won't be touching this thing again.

on 4/1/2018 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I don't just like this product: it is essential. I have extremely acne prone skin and I've put a lot of energy, time and money to control it. I am now at the point now where it a under control and although I know other products I used contributed to clearing my skin I would've never been able to do it without this product.

I pat it on my face every night with my hands (more intensive) and leave it to work its magic over night.

Pro: When I wake any redness, acne or blemishes I had the previous night is removed, reduced and lighter in colour. If you have open wounds (spots) it will sting a bit (alike a toner) but nothing remarkably painful. The smell is not offensive. The bottle is effective if your dropping it on a cotton pad.

Con: I can see why the price (for some) may seem unreasonable however is believe it is great value for money

on 3/27/2018 6:35:00 PM

Thiss is ok. It does brighten and help acne a bit but don't waste your time.... There are better products on the market that do more. The Ren glycolic line is in the same price range and much nicer. Or if you have more money to spend look at natura bisse.

on 11/28/2017 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love this product. I like to try alot of exfoliating products, but always come back to Liquid Gold. I have dry and dehydrated skin with a bit of redness though the T-zone. I use this about once a week at night and wake up to glowy, refreshed skin.

I don't have any cons with this product - the bottle, application, and product itself are all great.

on 10/1/2017 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This really is a wonder product. I regularly exfoliate with acid toners/use Retinol and my skin is in pretty good shape, so I wondered just how effective this would be. But the hype is justified. I used as instructed, soaked a cotton pad and wiped it over my face and neck - and did not use anything else over the top. There is a tingle as the product lowers the ph level of the skin and then you’re supposed to leave it on overnight so it can work its magic.
The next morning I looked in the mirror and my skin was noticeably smoother, brighter and younger looking. It was as if fresh skin cells had been pushed to the surface overnight. Incredible results, even after the first use. And I’ve heard the results get better the longer you use it. I’m only using once/twice a week at the moment as my skin feels quite sensitive afterwards - it’s enough for me. Happy to keep the usage at this level for now. This is a really effective product and the price is great too.

on 9/27/2017 11:15:00 AM

Expensive, but a real life saver. As this is particularly strong and tends to irritate sensitive areas, I only use this on areas in my t-zone that tend to breakout. Clears up pimples and prevents new ones from forming with daily use. Would recommend for normal- oily skin.

on 6/15/2017 12:36:00 AM

Honestly so good. As soon as I started using it it cleared my skin of pimples ... like within 2 days. It's also helping to reduce the red marks left over from previous breakouts really quickly. It's basically a miracle worker. I use it every night rather than every other night as directed, which I probably should not be doing, but before this I would wake up every day with new pimples and no I don't, or if I do, they're only small and not inflamed or sore.

The only cons of this are that if you are not partial to minor pain, this stings, especially on inflamed areas of the skin where you have breakouts that you are using it to treat. It contains alcohol.
Secondly the packaging ... this product is very liquid, like a toner (which I didn't realise and I am sure most people wouldn't until you buy it). I apply it with a cotton pad, but I feel like this is such a waste of product for such an expensive and small bottle, even if a little does go a long way ... but then again I can't think of any other way you could really apply this, I'm guessing the manufacturers thought this was the most efficient way to apply it.

on 5/19/2017 4:05:00 PM

I have used glycolic products before but this one blows them all away. My skin type is dry and easily irritated but this doesn't cause any bad reactions. I use it at night twice a week and I cant believe how much better my skin is looking (and younger!) Not only does it improve the texture of the skin, it actually looks firmer too, something I haven't experienced with other similar products. An absolute HG item for me now.

Love this stuff so much. Found out about it on the Caroline Hirons blog. I apply on lazy nights before bed - pour some on a cotton pad and wipe it all over the face. No serum, cream or oil after. Just the Liquid Gold. Wake up to beautiful smooth skin. Can use twice a week. Winner.