Alpha-H Liquid Gold

Alpha-H Liquid Gold

3.6

Not tested on animals

Water, Alcohold Denat, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Hydrolysed Silk, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Well this is a great product for those of you who battle with discoloration and uneven texture of the skin...I, myself battled with all general skin issues & I've tried heaps of skincare products along with topical treatments such as Retinol and beta hydroxy acids. Well using photosensitive products and other acne medications bleach skin overtime leaving patches which leads to uneven skin color...

Optimal frequency of application: Every 2-3 days
Texture: Watery Liquid
Color : Colorless
Method of Use: put a little amount on a cotton pad and initially apply on more oil prone areas such as nose, forehead, chin then massage on cheeks, temples and finally all over face,
Best use is after a good cleanse and at night time, only take seconds to absorb.

Personal Experience: This product comes with a great packaging and the container is very eye catchy and for the price it worth well. It is been nearly 5 months since I've been using religiously for every 2-3 days and still only a quarter is empty. It absorbs well and very light, I do not have a sensitive skin therefore i didn't experience any burn or redness so far. But right after application I feel a little tightness and dryness, it is short lasting. After absorption it is better to use a light weight moisturizer. I usually apply a hydrating mask the night before I apply this so my skin wouldn't get overly dry. If you do not moisturize your skin properly, irritation is inevitable.

Overall Results: My skin used to have uneven texture, it wasn't smooth with lots of hyper-pigment spots. Now my uneven of the skin tone has reduced drastically and my complexion has improved a lot. I've noticed that my breakouts are not so long lasting and my scars fade quicker than usual...

Further Comments : A recommend this to anyone, Especially must have exfoliator for those who are with skin issues, it helps to improve the complexion of skin. It does what it says, make sure to apply on a well moisturized skin. Give months to see results...I will definitely buy this again!!! Please use a good sunscreen with at least SPF 30 as this increases photo damage of your skin.

on 6/7/2016 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Thank you Ruth (AMR) and Caroline (Hirons)! This has been such a game changer for me! My skin was a mess after my second pregnancy, tired looking, lots of redness & dryness here and there, visible pores, milia and some spots on the chin and cheeks. I've been using this for a month now and it has done magic other my skin. The texture is more refined, pores are less visible or even invisible, the milia and spots almost completely gone, and it feels so unbelievably soft! I use it every other night, nothing on top of it. I used to wear at least a bb cream or tm whenever I went out of the house but now I can go without it in the morning on the school run, my skin hasn't looked this good in years! Highly recommended!

To Read all 72 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I had a horrible experience with this product. I bought it because I read it would help me get rid of old acne marks and used it for three months so it would have time to live up to its reputation.
Well, I shouldn't have.
It didn't do anything to those marks and my skin only got worse. I suddenly had to deal with cystic acne, in a way that had NEVER happened to me before, not even when I was a teen. Sure, it could be related to my hormones but it all started when I got this product, I didn't use any other new product, and now that I've (FINALLY) tossed it my skin is looking much better, so yeah, I'm convinced this was caused by Liquid Gold. I don't know exaclty why and which ingredient is to blame, but I sure wish I knew so I could avoid it in the future.
I read it "saved" some people's skin (good for you, honestly!) but, to me, it was just horrible.
So what I learned is : 1. Products work differently on everyone, what is a miracle to some can be a nightmare to others; 2. If something doesn't work out for you : get rid of it. Yup, even if it wasn't cheap, it's never wortht it.

on 4/8/2016 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Started using this after Ruth Crilly recommended it. My first encounter with an acid exfoliator. Well I fell in love and continue to purchase again and again. I don't use it every other night. Perhaps every 4th night or when I feel my skin needs a pick me up. For my skin I feel it's one of those products where I instantly see a difference the next morning. If my acne-prone skin isn't behaving or I have a few blemishes, I turn to this and I'm confident I'll wake up in the morning with better skin.

I tried Pixi Glow tonic to compare the two as that's a cheaper product to have in your permanent routine. But it did nothing for me, in fact I broke out in pimples. I tried Sunday Riley's Good Genes - it gave me the same tingling sensation but not the glow and plumpness I get with Liquid Gold.

It's a watery consistency.
Smells slightly medicinal/alcoholy but not too strong.
Costs about £35.
And I love it.

on 4/5/2016 10:51:00 PM

I had really high hopes for this product, but sadly I'm pretty disappointed.

At first it seemed to make my skin look nice and glowy, but after a few weeks of use that effect wore off and I didn't see any noticeable difference. In fact, if anything, I think maybe my skin looked a bit worse.
This could be attributed to the alcohol denat which is listed pretty high up on the ingredients list. I don't really like alcohol denat in my skincare products as I feel it dries out my skin and makes it produce more oil to compensate. Plus it just makes my skin look a little irritated and yucky I think.

I'm not exactly sure the amount of glycolic acid since it doesn't say on the bottle, but I think I read it was 5%.

This product is hailed as a beauty cult and has so many great reviews, but I just don't see the big deal unfortunately!

Based on my results, I wouldn't recommend this product. Especially since I've had great results which are far superior with the Neostrata smoothing lotion (also a glycolic product).
So I will stick with that!

What a joke. Such a try hard pompous brand. Their products are such a let down and the first to disappoint was liquid gold. I had the highest of hopes for it. I tried it and my pigmented areas went red, my skin looked bright red. I tried again next day hoping it wasn't the LG but alas it was and every time I used it it broke me out in a red patchy state. I bought this from Sephora Australia. I am honestly telling you this brand has put everything into hyping themselves up but their products if you look at ingredients (actually quite crap). Useless waste of money. Ask for samples as I believe most reviews are paid and say it's a top HG product when it's a bottle of stinging alcohol n useless amounts of other rubbish. Hated it. Made my melasma worse that's for sure

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

At first I thought it was a bit strange to use just this product and eye cream every other night, instead of serum and moisturiser. However, I soon got used to it and it fitted my busy lifestyle perfectly. Also, I think that because it stays on overnight, it has more of an effect than a mask that is rinsed after 10 minutes.

In the first few times I used this product I loved the results. The following day my skin was clear, glowy and well exfoliated. Nice! However, it soon started to make my chin red, a bit scaly and with a funny texture that I haven't seen before! I stopped using it, my skin went back to normal. After trying it again for a few days, my chin was again red, a bit scaly and with a strange texture. Like my skin looked 'damaged'. I stopped using it for good and my skin is getting back to normal again. In the end, I had to bin it. What a shame!

I am not sure why this product did not work for me. Perhaps it's the alcohol content, as I don't normally use alcohol in my products. Or perhaps, the glycolic acid concentration was too high for me. Or it could be the whole formulation. I am not sure.

Application wise, it tingled a bit but wasn't unpleasant. It didn't smell very nice but it was tolerable. I did notice that my skin was quite oily in the morning after using it but it didn't bother me.

Packaging is boring, especially considering the cost.

Overall this does exfoliate well, however, I would say it's not for everyone and can make skin more sensitive. Remember to use high SPF if you use this product and avoid using this product during Summer holidays (and up to 15 days before such holidays).

on 1/17/2016 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I first tried this about 6 months ago when my skin wasn't used to glycolic, so when it gave me a few whiteheads I put it down to my skin not being acclimatised yet. I've since used stronger glycolic (I'm pretty sure LG is 10%) with no issues, so I tried LG again last night. I woke up this morning with three very inflamed spots that bled when I took a lancet to them. I have no idea what it is in LG that breaks me out but I'm not willing to try it again because my skin scars very easily. I'm giving it to a friend because I don't want to have to waste it. The packaging is terrible too, mine leaks everywhere.

on 12/26/2015 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Purchased this after trying other cult exfoliating acid toners, such as pixi glow and p50. It was a bit tough to find at a reasonable price. Most uk sites sell 100 ml for 35 to 50 gbp, which is 70 to 100 CAD, yikes!. Finally found a set at beauty bay with 3 sizes for 75 CAD, including shipping. I used this at night on a clean face with nothing else ontop. Difference was visible right away, pores look smaller,skin is smooth and soft. Contains alcohol but did not dry my. skin out, I have enlarged pores and oily skin in tzone.

After a few days, my hormonal cysts shrunk in size and no new spots appeared. Very impressed with formula, I have better results from this than any other acid, even p50.
Will buy again, gave lippies as it is pricey and has alcohol. Made in Australia, I haven't been able to find it in a store in Canada.

on 11/25/2015 1:51:00 AM

Received this as a sample in another parcel. I don't have allergic reactions to make-up products, but this one has unfortunately led to a break-out of about 6-10 small raised lumps on my cheeks. Have only used it twice, but seems that is enough. Not for everyone.