no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

WHAT IT IS: lip gloss in a bronzey brown shade What it Does: gets lips glossy (but TACKY) PROS: - beautiful color that shows up as a warm nude on warmer/darker skin tones. I am a NC44-45 and it's perfect for both everyday looks for work, and for a nude lip with a smokey eye. -Staying power is good-color remains true. -The pot is sturdy. CONS: - REALLY expensive! I was fortunate enough to buy this on ebay with other items so it came out to less than 5 buck (YAY!), but I know it retails for close to $30!!! - SUPER STICKY! I know this helps the staying power, but its sooo tacky; I hate touching my lips toghether. I feel like I ate a candied apple. - Smell...I wish it had some sort of fruity scent..anything to hide the atrocious plastcky smell..some of the lipsticks smell this way too and if we have to shell out all this $$ for a GLOSS I'd like it to smell nice. UPDATE: After using this daily for a few weeks I am giving it one more lippie so it has 4. I have gotten sued to the texture and it really has become a staple. I love it for everyday looks and work looks. It loosk really polished and its easy to put on now that I purchased a retractable lipbrush at Sephora for $10.00. II HATE lipstick but this has more coverage than gloss but with that same lighter feel. I am going to buy a backup and try the others in the line.

About reviewer (166 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

12 years ago

Love,love the color! On me, it's the perfect sheer nude that doesn't give me the "liver-lipped" look of a zombie ... it's perfect with MAC's Oak liner or Spice if you'd like a but more color and definition. I actually like the feel of it on my lips - almost like lipbalm. I took off one lippie for the annoying PVC vinyl smell (ugh, hate it) but it does disappear fairly quickly so I tolerate it for the pretty color. I can't wait to try Butterfield 8 now :)

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

12 years ago

Cabiria... what a beautiful colour. For the first time in my life I have completely used up one of my lip glosses and now I am desperately scraping the bottom of the jar for any remainders until I can make the trip out to Holt Renfrew to purchase another jar (the local Sephora doesn't carry Cabiria). Like the reviewer below me, I am also a NC45. Cabiria is the perfect shade of bronze-brown ... it flatters my tanned skin and makes me glow. It has great staying power without all the stickiness of MAC's Oh Baby lipglass (also a nice colour). I've tried Sugar Maple by Cover Girl and it is NOTHING like Cabiria..it disappears in 2.343 seconds and barely has any pigment. The only drawbacks of Cabiria are the price ($28!!), the plastic smell and the packaging.

About reviewer (173 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

13 years ago

When I first got this, I thought -- great, another muddy brown that will make my lips look like I just slapped some foundation on 'em. WRONG! This is a great bronzey brown, not exactly a nude (Butterfield 8 is my HG for that), but a neutral lip color for my pigmented lips. (I'm NC45/Golden/CCC/DDD, for reference). There's just enough shine and depth to this color to keep it interesting, and the brown keeps the pink in my lips from showing through too much. Wish it were a lipstick, but as a gloss, it does just fine. Towards the bottom of the pot, I'll need a lipbrush (I found myself literally scraping the bottom of my Butterfield 8 pot), but I don't mind the packaging -- I'd rather deal with the pot than those wand things.

About reviewer (92 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark

HairBrown

14 years ago

This is a great colour if you have darker skin (NW45/NC50).It shows up as a warm nude colour. My friend talked me into buying this and while I was not pleased about the price, I really do like it and unlike my other lip glosses, it doesnt disappear by the time I walk out the front door. The pot is a little deep so you will need a lip brush but given the price, you want as much product as possible! If I ran out, I would definitely buy this again.

About reviewer (204 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

14 years ago

A very pretty color but I feel its too dark of a bronze for my coloring (GGG NC25). Maybe in the summer when I have a tan but as of now I don't find I use it :(

About reviewer (267 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairOther

EyesGreen

14 years ago

The color is a shimmery medium nude brown - neutral brown with just enough shimmer to keep from being too dull. The texture is thicker, stickier, and tackier than I prefer. (I hate getting hair stuck in my lip gloss, and this one just feels icky when gloss-stuck hair adheres to your cheek, ugh.) The pot is sturdy but with as many lippies as I have, (a) it doesn't stack well and (b) it's hard to tell what the color is - a clear, flat lid would have been nice. The pot is also too deep - lip pots should be wide and short so you can get your lip brush (or fat finger) in without getting product transfer from the rim. The plastic smell is not appealing, but fades quickly enough not to be a bother. I don't dislike the product, but I'm not sure if I would purchase again - I already have plenty of shimmery brown glosses that feel and smell nicer than this one and are more convenient to use.

About reviewer (964 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3.0
from

14 years ago

I tried this on at Victoria's Secret and loved the way it looked on my lips. I bought it and after wearing it for a few weeks, I'm disappointed. This gloss does not last very long on me at all, I found myself having to reapply every couple of hours. I disagree that this is like CG's Sugar Maple, to me this is more brown and less peach than Sugar Maple. Maybe it's just my lips? Anyway, I went around looking for a similar shade that lasts longer, and found it in Chanel's newest LE lipgloss in Cappuccino. They are around the same price, and Chanel's gloss has a bit more product (.017 fl. oz. as opposed to .014), it's easier to apply as it comes in a tube rather than a pot, and it has no scent at all. Loved the color, I will use up what I have but due to lack of staying power, I won't repurchase.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

2.0
from

14 years ago

I had brought this @ Sephora a couple of years ago and used it only twice in that time frame. I wished I had liked this, but I just couldn't. It's very expensive ($22). Although the colors are very nice and Cabiria was just the right nude, brown shimmer gloss I was looking for, the smell is just horrid. It smells just like melted plastic! Yuck! And it's just as sticky too. I wish I had saved the receipt so I could have gotten my money back. Alas, I'm still stuck with this goop. Fortunately I found great substitutes for less. You can get the same color with Cover Girl's WetSlick gloss in Sugar Maple and MAC glaze in Shag. Use it either one these or both and you can still get the same effect as Cabiria without the PVC-liquid smell.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

15 years ago

I heard about this through an online community and just had to have it based on what I heard. I should have gotten this a lot sooner. It's a very pretty golden caramel brown that complements my DDD complexion very nicely. I love how glossy this is too, it's like a perfect neutral shade for darker skin tones.This would be hot, hot, hot! with a smoky eye.

About reviewer (287 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark