Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL

4.3

Alcohol denat. (from Organic sugar cane), Botanical fragrance blend, Deionized water, Lycium barbarum (Goji) powder, Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu plum) fruit extract, Epilobium angustifolium (Canadian willowherb) extract, Olea europaea (Olive leaf) extract, Alteromonas ferment extract, Chysanthellum indicum (Chamomile) extract, Oat amino acids, Glycerin (Vegetable), Vanilla planifolia.

on 11/14/2013 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I make no pretense about my obsession with vanilla fragrances. The biggest issue that comes with loving such scents is finding ones with unique notes blended into a vanilla base to keep it from being too saccharin and sickly sweet. Vanilla Grapefruit is one of the most beautiful vanilla scents I own. I definitely agree with the reviewer who said it reminds her of a way sweeter Shalimar. The scent opens with a bite of pink citrus and settles into more of a lime note. You get more of the cedar wood notes in the drydown but the vanilla softens it and keeps it sweet and delicious. The vanilla note is not a super foody cupcake vanilla, nor is it a flat powdery floral vanilla-- more of a true vanilla bean pod freshly opened. It is extremely creamy and smells absolutely gorgeous once the scent has been worn for a few hours. The rollerball is perfect for convenient touch-ups and trust me, you will want to bring this baby everywhere.

For those that want to capitalize on the "freshness" of grapefruit, this is not for you. This fragrance errs much more on the side of gourmand than zesty citrus and the grapefruit note becomes more of a backdrop for the vanilla. But if you love vanilla scents with a twist, this is for you.

on 6/27/2012 10:15:00 AM

I have this in the "forever" oil rollerball version. It was $25 at Sephora, so a tad bit more expensive, but it really does last...forever. The smell is lovely, a creamy sweet yet tangy rich smell, not overly heavy, or cloying. Well, it can be kind of cloying as the grapefruit note sharpens. I can't wear it every day. This one drives the boys nutso, though, in a late autumn afternoon neck-nibbling let's snuggle under the covers kinda way ;) VERDICT = WORTH IT.

on 2/26/2012 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Decent perfume. I got a trial package of 4 of the rollerballs ( vanilla coconut, lavander and pure vanilla ) and this one is my least favourite. It smells a bit to perfumy for me, i prefer the other vanilla scents, especially the pure vanilla. A disadvantage to the rollerballs is i find that i have to reaply frequently as the smell fades quickly. On the upside, it is very portable and has a more natural scent than other brand name perfumes, which i like.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am crazy about anything and everything vanilla, so when I was in Sephora I quickly ran over to the LaVanila section. I initially wanted to try the Pure Vanilla, because I love true vanilla scents. I was very dissapointed by Pure Vanillla it smelled way too musky and like patcholi, when all I wanted was just vanilla. Maybe it works well on others, but it smelled awful on me.
I went through the rest of the scents which were okay and finally I relectantly put the grapefruit one on. At first I just smelled the grapefruit, but as the scent starts to dry down it smelled like the sweetest vanilla! This smells sweet, fresh, clean, and most importantly to me...like vanilla! You can still smell the grapefruit (it is a lovely pairing by the way) but the vanilla ends up stealing the spotlight =)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this. However, my husband (who loves the smell of vanilla) isn't crazy about this for some reason, so that limits my wearing it to when he is not around. When I first put this on, the grapefruit scent is overwhelming, but it dries down to a yummy, creamy, unique vanilla. The spray version of this does not smell as good to me for some reason.

on 9/7/2009 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased 10 mL/0.32 oz LAVANILA Laboratories Vanilla Grapefruit roller ball at Sephora for $22 CAD. While debating whether to purchase this or DKNY's Be Delicious I decided to go with LAVANILA because my boyfriend pointed out that the fragrance was more unique. Another fragrance in the running was Clinique's Happy Duo; however, I figured the lip gloss was a waste of money.

PRODUCT INFORMATION: The healthy fragrance, natural with anti-oxidants. NO: Perochemicals, Phthalates, Propylene glycol, Mineral oils, Silicone, Synthetic dyes, Sulfates, or Parabens. 100% Recyclable. Not tested on animals. CAUTION: Flammable. Keep away from heat. [link] continued >>

This is a great fragrance for what it is - an inexpensive vanilla, a bit unique. Opens with a hit of grapefruit (that's the unique part), and dries down within 20 minutes or so to a solid vanilla. It's not a heavy, boozy vanilla but a light, straight vanilla. No musk, no wood, no floral. There's a slight citrus edge from the grapefruit but it's not pronounced at all after the opening; it just adds an interesting dimension to the vanilla. Nice combo, it's a "summer vanilla," yay. Lasting power is okay, 3-4 hrs. I like rollerballs in general but this fragrance is so light I might prefer a spray.

on 5/8/2009 9:22:00 AM

Mmmm... nice, natural scent! I hope the roller ball also comes out for the lavender one!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

OMG!!! I LOVE IT !!!

i get people coming up to me and sneefing me.....too funny! but really....i keep it with my lipgloss in my bag....and touch up my sent any time i want!,,,,,,.....i have the full size too....but this is so convenent!

love it
Kandie

on 3/4/2009 11:41:00 AM

I have switched over to all natural cosmetics, including my perfumes. I was drawn to Lavanila's products because they are phthalate and paraben-free.

I have to admit I am not a HUGE vanilla OR grapefruit fan, but I decided to test Lavanila's scents in Sephora. I absolutely fell in love with this scent and bought it after wearing it in the store for a little while. I have to say that honestly, I don't find it to have an overwhelming grapefruit scent. I don't usually go for citrusy perfumes (like Clinique Happy smells like a pile of grapefruits to me and I hate it), I am much more of a soft floral person.

But this scent is not citrusy (at least to me it isn't) and it has the right note of vanilla to make it soft but not cloyingly sweet. It also isn't overwhelmingly vanilla. It is like the perfect balance of vanilla and grapefruit. The scent is soft and elegant and I find it perfect for every day. It also lasts forever. I apply it in the morning and I smell it all day. I love the rollerball applicator, too. It applies the perfect amount and it was a good value at $18.

I would absolutely purchase this product again. I might even invest in the large spray bottle. I think I have found my new favorite perfume.

Popular Fragrances