Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL

Alcohol denat. (from Organic sugar cane), Botanical fragrance blend, Deionized water, Lycium barbarum (Goji) powder, Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu plum) fruit extract, Epilobium angustifolium (Canadian willowherb) extract, Olea europaea (Olive leaf) extract, Alteromonas ferment extract, Chysanthellum indicum (Chamomile) extract, Oat amino acids, Glycerin (Vegetable), Vanilla planifolia.

on 1/18/2010 1:37:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this fragrance! It's so delicious without being very gourmand. It opens with a crisp grapefruit scent that lasts maybe half an hour, and then dries down to a very nice, smooth vanilla. The vanilla has very good staying power on me, although I wish the grapefruit lasted a bit longer! I like to apply this on one wrist in the morning, and then halfway through the day or so apply on the other wrist for a little pick-me-up as the cirtusy top note is so refreshing! It's such a unique fragrance and a definite repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this scent. It is one of my new favorites. It's perfect for winter since it's a warmer, smoother scent. At first, when I sniffed the bottle, I thought there was too much grapefruit but when I put it on my skin the vanilla definitely came through. It's not overly citrus-y and not too marshmallow sweet either. I will likely purchase a larger version later.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

ORIGINAL REVIEW(05/17/2007)

This scent is very interesting. It reminds me a bit of Shalimar for some reason, but much sweeter.

I know that's strange. Probably the Bergamot and Vanilla combo.
Anyway. LAVANILA Vanilla Grapefruit starts out with quite a bit of sweet grapefruit when first applied; the vanilla kicks in rather quickly, giving way to a not overly complex, but simply beautiful, scent.

It is all at once a thick, sweet, citrus, and gourmand vanilla.
My husband rather liked it, and I, not normally being a big fan of grapefruit, am surprised that I think this is going to be a favourite eventually. It only gets 4 lippies for now, but I could see this going up to 5 very soon. We'll see.
Actual notes are:
Grapefruit, Bergamot, Lime, Orange, Cedarwood, Heliotrope, Madagascar Vanilla.
The texture is slightly oily(the rather impressive list of ingredients, like plum, goji berry, and olive oils explain this), but dries fast. Lasting power is excellent.
The scent itself is soothing, relaxing; the effect being not a vibrant citrus, but a sweetened, smoky vanilla.

edited on 11/30/2007:

This has become one of my all-time favourites. I never get tired of this one, and it's a perfect bedtime scent, as well.

My husband is in love with this scent, and so am I.

I can't even count the number of compliments I've gotten(from strangers, even!) on this scent.
In addition, the staying power on this is crazy long. I haven't tried the spray yet, but the roll-on lasts ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day long. If I wear it at night, it's still there in the morning, too.

I can't get enough of this, and think this may be THE ONE. I can't believe I'm saying that, as I am a perfume/b&b junkie - but this is quite probably my HG signature fragrance. And to think, when I bought the roll-on, on a whim, from Sephora, I didn't even think I'd like it! LOL! continued >>

Popular Fragrances