Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL
LAVANILA Vanilla Grapefruit Roller Ball

4.4

Alcohol denat. (from Organic sugar cane), Botanical fragrance blend, Deionized water, Lycium barbarum (Goji) powder, Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu plum) fruit extract, Epilobium angustifolium (Canadian willowherb) extract, Olea europaea (Olive leaf) extract, Alteromonas ferment extract, Chysanthellum indicum (Chamomile) extract, Oat amino acids, Glycerin (Vegetable), Vanilla planifolia.

on 11/14/2013 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I make no pretense about my obsession with vanilla fragrances. The biggest issue that comes with loving such scents is finding ones with unique notes blended into a vanilla base to keep it from being too saccharin and sickly sweet. Vanilla Grapefruit is one of the most beautiful vanilla scents I own. I definitely agree with the reviewer who said it reminds her of a way sweeter Shalimar. The scent opens with a bite of pink citrus and settles into more of a lime note. You get more of the cedar wood notes in the drydown but the vanilla softens it and keeps it sweet and delicious. The vanilla note is not a super foody cupcake vanilla, nor is it a flat powdery floral vanilla-- more of a true vanilla bean pod freshly opened. It is extremely creamy and smells absolutely gorgeous once the scent has been worn for a few hours. The rollerball is perfect for convenient touch-ups and trust me, you will want to bring this baby everywhere.

For those that want to capitalize on the "freshness" of grapefruit, this is not for you. This fragrance errs much more on the side of gourmand than zesty citrus and the grapefruit note becomes more of a backdrop for the vanilla. But if you love vanilla scents with a twist, this is for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this scent! It's very shiny and happy. Makes me think of that line from Legally Blond "It makes me want a hot dog real bad" lol. Very summer time; something I would wear to a bbq or simple day function. Very sharp grapefruit note, followed by a very simple, rounded vanilla note.

on 6/27/2012 10:15:00 AM

I have this in the "forever" oil rollerball version. It was $25 at Sephora, so a tad bit more expensive, but it really does last...forever. The smell is lovely, a creamy sweet yet tangy rich smell, not overly heavy, or cloying. Well, it can be kind of cloying as the grapefruit note sharpens. I can't wear it every day. This one drives the boys nutso, though, in a late autumn afternoon neck-nibbling let's snuggle under the covers kinda way ;) VERDICT = WORTH IT.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I first bought this roller ball a couple years ago on impulse at Sephora. I had previously used the Vanilla Grapefruit body butter from the same brand, and loved the scent, so I figured this would be perfect for me. I'm very picky with perfume and rarely find one that I would like to wear, especially on a daily basis, but I love this one. I tend to prefer gourmand scents, as long as they're not sickeningly sweet as they sometimes can be, and this one is lovely in my opinion. To me it smells like a warm vanilla with a hint of grapefruit and maybe a touch of spice, although I'm not the greatest at describing scents. However, my SO always comments how it smells like chocolate whenever I put it on (and he says he really likes it), and I've even had a stranger once tell me that I smelled like chocolate when I was wearing this. Personally I don't sense the chocolate! In any case, I like that this is a more natural perfume option. I also like that it comes in a roller ball format, because it's more affordable and I don't use that much perfume anyway. I'm currently on my second roller ball. Overall, I really like this!

on 9/7/2009 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased 10 mL/0.32 oz LAVANILA Laboratories Vanilla Grapefruit roller ball at Sephora for $22 CAD. While debating whether to purchase this or DKNY's Be Delicious I decided to go with LAVANILA because my boyfriend pointed out that the fragrance was more unique. Another fragrance in the running was Clinique's Happy Duo; however, I figured the lip gloss was a waste of money.

PRODUCT INFORMATION: The healthy fragrance, natural with anti-oxidants. NO: Perochemicals, Phthalates, Propylene glycol, Mineral oils, Silicone, Synthetic dyes, Sulfates, or Parabens. 100% Recyclable. Not tested on animals. CAUTION: Flammable. Keep away from heat. [link] continued >>

Popular Fragrances