Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL
LAVANILA Vanilla Grapefruit Roller Ball

4.9

Alcohol denat. (from Organic sugar cane), Botanical fragrance blend, Deionized water, Lycium barbarum (Goji) powder, Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu plum) fruit extract, Epilobium angustifolium (Canadian willowherb) extract, Olea europaea (Olive leaf) extract, Alteromonas ferment extract, Chysanthellum indicum (Chamomile) extract, Oat amino acids, Glycerin (Vegetable), Vanilla planifolia.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was in Sephora and came across this perfume. Normally, I go for crisper, greener, more citrus-y scents, but I was intrigued by the idea of a vanilla grapefruit scent so I tried some from the sample roller ball. I really liked the sweetness of the first few minutes, but then I forgot about it after I left the store. I was at home and noticed that the perfume was a little different smelling than it had been when I had first tried it on-- it was a little deeper, more intense vanilla scent, and I could smell the sandalwood much more clearly. I really liked it so I went back the next day and bought the rollerball version ($19) and have worn it for about a week. It's a different scent than I typically go for, but I am very pleased with it.
Side note: the grapefruit is really not a major part of the perfume, so if you're buying it based on the title it's not very accurate.That being said, it's still a lovely perfume and I highly recommend it.

on 11/14/2013 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I make no pretense about my obsession with vanilla fragrances. The biggest issue that comes with loving such scents is finding ones with unique notes blended into a vanilla base to keep it from being too saccharin and sickly sweet. Vanilla Grapefruit is one of the most beautiful vanilla scents I own. I definitely agree with the reviewer who said it reminds her of a way sweeter Shalimar. The scent opens with a bite of pink citrus and settles into more of a lime note. You get more of the cedar wood notes in the drydown but the vanilla softens it and keeps it sweet and delicious. The vanilla note is not a super foody cupcake vanilla, nor is it a flat powdery floral vanilla-- more of a true vanilla bean pod freshly opened. It is extremely creamy and smells absolutely gorgeous once the scent has been worn for a few hours. The rollerball is perfect for convenient touch-ups and trust me, you will want to bring this baby everywhere.

For those that want to capitalize on the "freshness" of grapefruit, this is not for you. This fragrance errs much more on the side of gourmand than zesty citrus and the grapefruit note becomes more of a backdrop for the vanilla. But if you love vanilla scents with a twist, this is for you.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this fragrance because I love citrus and vanilla, and this scent does not disappoint. It's very fresh and girly but not too sugary sweet. I bought it from ebeauty.ca for $20 so it's super affordable, and I like the simplicity a lot more than more big-name designer perfumes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this. However, my husband (who loves the smell of vanilla) isn't crazy about this for some reason, so that limits my wearing it to when he is not around. When I first put this on, the grapefruit scent is overwhelming, but it dries down to a yummy, creamy, unique vanilla. The spray version of this does not smell as good to me for some reason.

on 10/12/2009 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I own the rollerball in both this and the vanilla coconut scent. I love them both (and enjoy layering them together) but this is more my favorite of the two. It seems a bit more complex. I would wear this one more in the cooler months than I would the coconut, but to each their own. I'm just a vanilla fan - and I love it even more paired with fruity (or other) notes:)

on 9/21/2008 5:01:00 PM

I love it when they come out with rollerballs in my favorite scents! So great for travel and it's great to just keep in my bag. Vanilla Grapefruit is one of my favorite scents - the citrus grapefruit is very light and it adds just enough of a touch to make this Vanilla fragrance unique. It's like a fresh and clean vanilla.
I sprayed the EDT perfume spray on my right forearm and did the rollerball on my left and I have to say that my left arm still holds the scent perfectly while I smell nothing on my right arm. So I would pick this over the spray any day. I'm so happy I found this! YUM!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

ORIGINAL REVIEW(05/17/2007)

This scent is very interesting. It reminds me a bit of Shalimar for some reason, but much sweeter.

I know that's strange. Probably the Bergamot and Vanilla combo.
Anyway. LAVANILA Vanilla Grapefruit starts out with quite a bit of sweet grapefruit when first applied; the vanilla kicks in rather quickly, giving way to a not overly complex, but simply beautiful, scent.

It is all at once a thick, sweet, citrus, and gourmand vanilla.
My husband rather liked it, and I, not normally being a big fan of grapefruit, am surprised that I think this is going to be a favourite eventually. It only gets 4 lippies for now, but I could see this going up to 5 very soon. We'll see.
Actual notes are:
Grapefruit, Bergamot, Lime, Orange, Cedarwood, Heliotrope, Madagascar Vanilla.
The texture is slightly oily(the rather impressive list of ingredients, like plum, goji berry, and olive oils explain this), but dries fast. Lasting power is excellent.
The scent itself is soothing, relaxing; the effect being not a vibrant citrus, but a sweetened, smoky vanilla.

edited on 11/30/2007:

This has become one of my all-time favourites. I never get tired of this one, and it's a perfect bedtime scent, as well.

My husband is in love with this scent, and so am I.

I can't even count the number of compliments I've gotten(from strangers, even!) on this scent.
In addition, the staying power on this is crazy long. I haven't tried the spray yet, but the roll-on lasts ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day long. If I wear it at night, it's still there in the morning, too.

I can't get enough of this, and think this may be THE ONE. I can't believe I'm saying that, as I am a perfume/b&b junkie - but this is quite probably my HG signature fragrance. And to think, when I bought the roll-on, on a whim, from Sephora, I didn't even think I'd like it! LOL! continued >>

Popular Fragrances