Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL
LAVANILA Vanilla Grapefruit Roller Ball

4.7

Alcohol denat. (from Organic sugar cane), Botanical fragrance blend, Deionized water, Lycium barbarum (Goji) powder, Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu plum) fruit extract, Epilobium angustifolium (Canadian willowherb) extract, Olea europaea (Olive leaf) extract, Alteromonas ferment extract, Chysanthellum indicum (Chamomile) extract, Oat amino acids, Glycerin (Vegetable), Vanilla planifolia.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was in Sephora and came across this perfume. Normally, I go for crisper, greener, more citrus-y scents, but I was intrigued by the idea of a vanilla grapefruit scent so I tried some from the sample roller ball. I really liked the sweetness of the first few minutes, but then I forgot about it after I left the store. I was at home and noticed that the perfume was a little different smelling than it had been when I had first tried it on-- it was a little deeper, more intense vanilla scent, and I could smell the sandalwood much more clearly. I really liked it so I went back the next day and bought the rollerball version ($19) and have worn it for about a week. It's a different scent than I typically go for, but I am very pleased with it.
Side note: the grapefruit is really not a major part of the perfume, so if you're buying it based on the title it's not very accurate.That being said, it's still a lovely perfume and I highly recommend it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I first bought this roller ball a couple years ago on impulse at Sephora. I had previously used the Vanilla Grapefruit body butter from the same brand, and loved the scent, so I figured this would be perfect for me. I'm very picky with perfume and rarely find one that I would like to wear, especially on a daily basis, but I love this one. I tend to prefer gourmand scents, as long as they're not sickeningly sweet as they sometimes can be, and this one is lovely in my opinion. To me it smells like a warm vanilla with a hint of grapefruit and maybe a touch of spice, although I'm not the greatest at describing scents. However, my SO always comments how it smells like chocolate whenever I put it on (and he says he really likes it), and I've even had a stranger once tell me that I smelled like chocolate when I was wearing this. Personally I don't sense the chocolate! In any case, I like that this is a more natural perfume option. I also like that it comes in a roller ball format, because it's more affordable and I don't use that much perfume anyway. I'm currently on my second roller ball. Overall, I really like this!

This was almost a winner. I love that it's more natural -- no thanks to cancer etc. The smell is lovely.. but there's something about it that's off. Too sweet, I don't know, but it wasn't a scent I'd make my signature scent. The thing that got to me most is you can barely smell it after you first spray it on. Even I could only smell it while I was sniffing my wrists.

on 9/7/2009 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased 10 mL/0.32 oz LAVANILA Laboratories Vanilla Grapefruit roller ball at Sephora for $22 CAD. While debating whether to purchase this or DKNY's Be Delicious I decided to go with LAVANILA because my boyfriend pointed out that the fragrance was more unique. Another fragrance in the running was Clinique's Happy Duo; however, I figured the lip gloss was a waste of money.

PRODUCT INFORMATION: The healthy fragrance, natural with anti-oxidants. NO: Perochemicals, Phthalates, Propylene glycol, Mineral oils, Silicone, Synthetic dyes, Sulfates, or Parabens. 100% Recyclable. Not tested on animals. CAUTION: Flammable. Keep away from heat. [link] continued >>

Very fresh scent. Love the fact that it's natural. Prefer the rollerball applicator to the spray. Lasts a long time and even though I don't always smell it on myself, I have received many compliments on this fragrance especially from men. Initially can seem overwhelming but dries down to a nice warm,citrusy scent which I love.

This perfume is great! I usually have a hard time finding a perfume that I a) like, b) can wear everyday, c) doesn't give me a headache. So far I'm doing pretty well with this one. Usually I find vanilla to be a little sweet for my liking, but this perfume is a great combo of citrus and sweet so it balances out. It does seem to last a pretty long time, too. I love the rollerball, and the small bottle allows me to keep it in my purse for whenever I need a touch-up. I will definitely repurchase, and I will probably buy a large bottle as well.

on 3/4/2009 11:41:00 AM

I have switched over to all natural cosmetics, including my perfumes. I was drawn to Lavanila's products because they are phthalate and paraben-free.

I have to admit I am not a HUGE vanilla OR grapefruit fan, but I decided to test Lavanila's scents in Sephora. I absolutely fell in love with this scent and bought it after wearing it in the store for a little while. I have to say that honestly, I don't find it to have an overwhelming grapefruit scent. I don't usually go for citrusy perfumes (like Clinique Happy smells like a pile of grapefruits to me and I hate it), I am much more of a soft floral person.

But this scent is not citrusy (at least to me it isn't) and it has the right note of vanilla to make it soft but not cloyingly sweet. It also isn't overwhelmingly vanilla. It is like the perfect balance of vanilla and grapefruit. The scent is soft and elegant and I find it perfect for every day. It also lasts forever. I apply it in the morning and I smell it all day. I love the rollerball applicator, too. It applies the perfect amount and it was a good value at $18.

I would absolutely purchase this product again. I might even invest in the large spray bottle. I think I have found my new favorite perfume.

on 12/23/2008 2:07:00 AM

My favorite! The rollerball is much better than the spray, IMO. Also a better deal. I usually prefer muskier vanillas, but this smells fresh without being foody. Whenever I wear this, my girlfriend comments that I smell good and won't stop sniffing me.

on 9/21/2008 5:01:00 PM

I love it when they come out with rollerballs in my favorite scents! So great for travel and it's great to just keep in my bag. Vanilla Grapefruit is one of my favorite scents - the citrus grapefruit is very light and it adds just enough of a touch to make this Vanilla fragrance unique. It's like a fresh and clean vanilla.
I sprayed the EDT perfume spray on my right forearm and did the rollerball on my left and I have to say that my left arm still holds the scent perfectly while I smell nothing on my right arm. So I would pick this over the spray any day. I'm so happy I found this! YUM!

on 7/7/2007 9:54:00 AM

I love this perfume for summer! It is the perfect blend of clean and warm scents, fresh grapefruit with warm vanilla! The rollerball is excellent, as the previous reviewer said ...no leaking! This perfume is also kind of an oil consistency so the staying power is amazing..it was still on my wrist the next morning! The vanilla base is very authentic smelling, no sickly sweet or artifical gourmand smell, just light, clean and very refreshing. $15 USD for .33 oz @ sephora

Popular Fragrances