Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL

Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ROLLER BALL

4.5

Alcohol denat. (from Organic sugar cane), Botanical fragrance blend, Deionized water, Lycium barbarum (Goji) powder, Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu plum) fruit extract, Epilobium angustifolium (Canadian willowherb) extract, Olea europaea (Olive leaf) extract, Alteromonas ferment extract, Chysanthellum indicum (Chamomile) extract, Oat amino acids, Glycerin (Vegetable), Vanilla planifolia.

OMG HOW CUTE?! LOVE the fact that they put vanilla grapefruit in such a convenient roll on...it's still the same formula (healthy EDP) - AND the thing doesn't leak like some of my other rollers....now I can stop carrying the big bottle in my purse! Just have to make sure that my friends don't steal it....they've already threatened to because our sephora sold out :( Only downside: The other two don't come in rollers!! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?! I want my pure vanilla roller!!

on 7/7/2007 9:54:00 AM

I love this perfume for summer! It is the perfect blend of clean and warm scents, fresh grapefruit with warm vanilla! The rollerball is excellent, as the previous reviewer said ...no leaking! This perfume is also kind of an oil consistency so the staying power is amazing..it was still on my wrist the next morning! The vanilla base is very authentic smelling, no sickly sweet or artifical gourmand smell, just light, clean and very refreshing. $15 USD for .33 oz @ sephora

on 7/24/2007 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the combination of the two scents and the convenience of it as a roll-on. I do plan on buying the spray on soon when I get the chance. I always carry this perfume on me in my bag for when I need a touch up or if I'm in a rush to apply it. I love how easy its to target the spots.

Plus I love smell so much. It smells like ice cream and usually leaves me wanting to nibble on myself. Scent works well with me since I find vanilla and citrus scents go great with my body chemistry. I hope they never stop making this stuff. If they do, I'll be sad.

on 11/23/2007 8:08:00 PM

Gorgeous, rich fragrance that is surprsingly decadent in scent. I was expecting a more citrusy smell to this fragrance with perhaps a vanilla undertone for some reason, but this fragrance has definitely succeeded in surpassing my desires for a vanilla-grapefruit combo "done right". Never over-powering, you cannot over-apply (even if you try). The rollerball design is perfect for easy application, and the bottle is pretty and small enough to display on your dresser or night stand, or simply throw in your purse for multiple applications throughout the day. I can't say enough about the richness of the fragrance itself. Tis truly a vanilla scent with a blending of true grapefruit essence ... can't be without now that I've found it ... and I'm not always a vanilla lover I should add. This one won't disappoint ... ♥

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

ORIGINAL REVIEW(05/17/2007)

This scent is very interesting. It reminds me a bit of Shalimar for some reason, but much sweeter.

I know that's strange. Probably the Bergamot and Vanilla combo.
Anyway. LAVANILA Vanilla Grapefruit starts out with quite a bit of sweet grapefruit when first applied; the vanilla kicks in rather quickly, giving way to a not overly complex, but simply beautiful, scent.

It is all at once a thick, sweet, citrus, and gourmand vanilla.
My husband rather liked it, and I, not normally being a big fan of grapefruit, am surprised that I think this is going to be a favourite eventually. It only gets 4 lippies for now, but I could see this going up to 5 very soon. We'll see.
Actual notes are:
Grapefruit, Bergamot, Lime, Orange, Cedarwood, Heliotrope, Madagascar Vanilla.
The texture is slightly oily(the rather impressive list of ingredients, like plum, goji berry, and olive oils explain this), but dries fast. Lasting power is excellent.
The scent itself is soothing, relaxing; the effect being not a vibrant citrus, but a sweetened, smoky vanilla.

edited on 11/30/2007:

This has become one of my all-time favourites. I never get tired of this one, and it's a perfect bedtime scent, as well.

My husband is in love with this scent, and so am I.

I can't even count the number of compliments I've gotten(from strangers, even!) on this scent.
In addition, the staying power on this is crazy long. I haven't tried the spray yet, but the roll-on lasts ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day long. If I wear it at night, it's still there in the morning, too.

I can't get enough of this, and think this may be THE ONE. I can't believe I'm saying that, as I am a perfume/b&b junkie - but this is quite probably my HG signature fragrance. And to think, when I bought the roll-on, on a whim, from Sephora, I didn't even think I'd like it! LOL! continued >>

on 3/4/2008 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I'm not an expert fragrance reviewer. Some people on MUA are so good at that. All I can really say is that this scent is really beautiful. I can't imagine anyone not liking it. The little roller-ball bottle is so pretty, too. I got this with a matching body butter from the Home Shopping Network. I'm interested in trying the other LaVanila fragrances now.

I wanted to love this ,but I didn't. When I opened it up it smelled like grapefruit ,fresh clean just like a grapefruit,then I rolled teh rollerball on my wrist and it smelled exactly like vanilla fields. I do like vanilla fields ,but sometimes it can be overwhelmingly sweet ,which this was. It did dry down to a vanilla cookie like scent ,but its not unique enough to keep so I am sending mine back and ,when I feel nostalgic I will open up my bottle of vanilla fields.

on 9/21/2008 5:01:00 PM

I love it when they come out with rollerballs in my favorite scents! So great for travel and it's great to just keep in my bag. Vanilla Grapefruit is one of my favorite scents - the citrus grapefruit is very light and it adds just enough of a touch to make this Vanilla fragrance unique. It's like a fresh and clean vanilla.
I sprayed the EDT perfume spray on my right forearm and did the rollerball on my left and I have to say that my left arm still holds the scent perfectly while I smell nothing on my right arm. So I would pick this over the spray any day. I'm so happy I found this! YUM!

this product is so unique! I can either smell the grapefruit or the vanilla when i smell it. I have never smelled anything like it. It smells so amazing. I wear this everyday since I got it...the lasting power is also great. A little goes a long long way!

on 10/13/2008 9:00:00 PM

I've never been a big fan of Vanilla OR Grapefruit, but there is something so fresh and wonderful about LaVanila Grapefruit that keeps me coming back for more! What attracted me initially was the fact that this line was all natural, then the fact that they were coming out with rollerballs - which I love. This is a delicious, succulent scent with great sillage and lasting power - and the vanilla - grapefruit combination is a million times more interesting than any of the other LaVanila scents. Oh, and this combines amazingly well with Crazylibellule and the Poppies Vanilla Mocha solid perfume - makes it much more interesting!

Popular Fragrances