The Body Shop Brilliance Powder for face body and hair

The Body Shop Brilliance Powder for face body and hair
Brilliance Powder for face body and hair

4.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/21/2019 6:20:00 PM

I love this powder, been looking to purchase another. Lasts forever and gives the perfect amount of shimmer.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was my first ever shimmering powder and made me realize shimmering powders are not for me. Glitters are a pain in the as..well, everywhere, because they go everywhere and hard to clean it off.

But for those who have more patience than I do, it's a really good product if the powder side matches your skin tone. The design is easy to use, shimmering effect is real. The best part for me was, after I cleaned off the glitters from the product and its brush (took washing it about five times), I could use its good, soft brush with other products.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I actually liked this product better before they reformulated it (about 3-4 years ago). It was SUPER glittery back then (which is a turn off for most people, explaining why they reformulated it). But it was great when you wanted to sparkle
Anyways, for the new formula:
Both the bronze and the regular formula add a nice subtle shimmer. The regular one is a bit harder to see, so it acts more as a highlighter. The bronze one is great for cheeks, collarbone, etc. Wouldn't recommend putting either on your whole face unless you want to look like a disco ball.
If you push the button and you don't see product coming out, just keep brushing. Don't push the button a bunch of times, otherwise when the product finally does come out, *floof!!* you'll be covered in it! Also, you don't need to push the button each time you use the product. Enough remains on the brush that I only push the button about once every other week. My best advice: have fun applying it to cheeks, collarbone, and hair. Just don't go crazy.

on 8/19/2009 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought this in 02 shimmer gold. it is, well, a gold shimmer powder. can be used for party and stuff. very nice.
EDIT: cant stand the shimmer. too stiff and dull. won't repurchase.

on 12/25/2008 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I kept it in it's original packaging for about a year and noticed I never reached for it. Now I emptied it out into a jar and it's like a new product to me. I use it as a cheek highlighter, e/s highlight or when I just want a subtle glow. Since I have tan skin, I can wear it any time of day, but I think I'll be using it more in warmer weather.

I have it in the shade called Shimmer which a very subtle yet glittery gold. It's not pigmented, just shimmery. I would not repurchase, but I don't dislike the product. It's just not something I absolutely need if I ever run out (i don't think i will ever run out...)

on 11/27/2008 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The first time I couldn't get powder out of the tube so I had to go back to the shop and ask for help. Overall, it's really nice, make you glow, but I don't think it's suitable for day wear. I only use it when I go out. And just a tiny bit, so I guess it's going to last long!

i use this as a blusher on my cheeks for day a evening. its really nice, very shimmery. it comes in a handy blusher tube and is really easy to use. i love it, and is a must have in my makeup bag the only thing is that its expensive but you don't need allot so it lasts for ages.

on 7/31/2008 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff is AMAZING. It is VERY subtle. It shimmers and shines, it doesn't glitter really. I dust it on cheeks, collar bone, and let's not forget hair! It looks awesome in hair. This is my favorite shimmer powder ever. When I wear a skirt, I sometimes put a little dusting of this on the fronts on my shins to make them look slender and glowy. It's pricey, but I've had one tube for five years now and I suspect it will last me another five! You really don't need much.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Love this shimmer powder. I have it in bronze satin and it looks phenomenal with my chocolate skin. I usually dust it on my body before I go out at night. A light sweep on my cleavage, arms, and legs and I'm ready to hot the scene. It's packaged very well. You pump so you don't really waste product and it's very econmical as well.I've had mine going on two years.

on 11/20/2006 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It took me several pumpings to get the powder out of the tube too, but overall, this is a great product. The shimmer is golden, but not cheap looking. It looks classy and sexy at the same time. I had the nerves to wear this at work and everyone loved it. Pretty soon, our office is going to look like Vegas because the staff will look like the hotels in Vegas.