Chantecaille Just Skin

Chantecaille Just Skin

New 2014: WATER; CYCLOPENTASILOXANE; BUTYLENE GLYCOL; NOEPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE; TALC; GLYCERIN; PEG-10 DIMETHICONE; DIMETHICONE; PHENYL TRIMETHICONE; PEG-400; ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE; STEARIC ACID; SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE; DIMETHICONE/ VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER; MICA; PHENOXYETHANOL; TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE; DEXTRIN PALMITATE; TOCOPHEROL; ALUMINA; ALCOHOL; ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER WATER; LEONTOPODIUM ALPINUM EXTRACT; THYMUS VULGARIS (THYME) FLOWER/LEAF EXTRACT; BUDDLEJA DAVIDII EXTRACT; CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT; ALGAE EXTRACT; LONICERA JAPONICA (HONEYSUCKLE) FLOWER EXTRACT; SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE; SODIUM DEXTRAN SULFATE; GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) PROTEIN; SODIUM BENZOATE; ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN; POTASSIUM SORBATE; TITANIUM DIOXIDE; IRON OXIDES Old formula: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Noepentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Peg-400, Magnesium Sulfate; May Contain: Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Mica, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dextrin Palmitate, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Methicone, Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Algae Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Preregen, Nectapure, Edelweiss GC, Rose Water Concentrated E4445, Colorants, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide.

This tinted moisturizer is a holy grail for me, and that is very not easy. I went through a B.B. cream tinted moisturizer kick, and pretty much bought anyone of them I could get my hands on.. the end result? 40 different cc/B.B./TM creams, all once in a rotation to see which one made the cut. There are some that are really nice, but chantecailles TM is just fantastic! It applies easily, lasts almost all day with little to no touch up, it covers very well ( I have pretty good skin, after four years of skin reversing boot camp) this product is very pricey... but I love it so much, I don’t care...
For some reason, every time I use a product with a chemical sunscreen, it irritates my skin.... this uses a physical sun screen, and my sensitive skin seems to love it. I have not broken out from this, it plays well with my favorite dermalogica moisturizer and primer, along with my other powder products like bronzer and finishing powder. When this wears off, it doesn’t look patchy on me, it just wears off... which I like because nothing is worse then looking in the mirror after work and seeing splotches of makeup all over your mug. If you are near a Nordstrom, go get a sample and see for yourself. I do think woman over 30 would appreciate this product the most. I wear the shade alabaster in the winter, and bliss in the summer (my face does not see the sun without a STRONG SPF 50++

on 1/22/2018 12:51:00 PM

A little background as always: NC-15 skin in MAC, N10 in Coverfx. Neutral undertones. Normal to dry skin with hormonal breakouts on jaw and chin and some old pigmentation. Preferences: Lightweight and sheer coverage with a bit of a glow to it.

Currently I rotate between a few foundations: MAC Waterweight, Dr Perricone No Foundation foundation, Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow, and Just Skin. All of these foundations I’ve bought in an effort to have easy, no makeup makeup. To be honest Waterweight, Wonderglow and Perricone give me a look that’s buildable to medium and I haven’t gotten exactly the look I’ve wanted.

This is where Just Skin comes in.

Let’s talk about the packaging first. A lot of people think it’s cheap and ugly for such an expensive brand. I personally LOVE it. French pharmacy at its best. The tube is so innovative for its nozzle that keeps oxygen out and the squeeze tube makes it easy to get just the right amount of foundation unlike with a pump that could potentially pump too much. Also, at the end of its life span all you need to do to get the last remaining bits is cut open the tub and scrape it out. You can’t do that with all pump foundations, some of it is still left on the sides.

Secondly, shades. I use Alabaster which almost looked too dark for my fair skin. But, because of how sheer this formula is, it was extremely forgiving on my skin. It actually made my face match my neck a little better than other paler foundations as my face is NC-15 and my neck is about two to three shades darker and then my chest is one shade paler than my neck. It’s very difficult to match foundations properly without taking it all the way to my chest which I refuse to do.

Third, performance. This stuff actually is a cross between Wonderglow and a moisturizer. It’s a little bit more than a TM, it’s got just enough coverage to even out spots and redness, without looking too much like foundation. For anything darker than what this can adequately cover in 1-2 pea sized squirts, I use my RMS Un Cover Up as concealer. I can go to work at 8am and return by 6 and still have my face intact. It does impart a sheen to the skin and can run oily for anyone who isn’t normal to dry I think. In fact, I think this would work better for skin on the dryer side.

Price is the last thing I’ll bring up as I don’t typically judge by price. Not that price is no matter to me, it is, but in terms of makeup I’ll scrimp elsewhere for a beautiful foundation. Drugstore doesn’t make light enough for me nor does it cater to neutral tones that I need. I always come out looking too pink or yellow. I’ve tried Cushions that transfer too easy, and most foundations/TMs have too much coverage for what I’m looking for. This falls into a category right outside of HG for me at the moment but I would absolutely buy it again.

on 5/25/2017 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this last summer since i love most of chantecaille products i have tried.

Great package and great light smell with wax texture.I was looking for a 'foundation replacement'for daily wear,in order to even my skin tone ,fill my pores and cover a bit of the blemish.

i would just give it 3 lippie is bc of the color may look a bit grayish on my natural skintone and it is not a long lasting product or my combination skin.

At 64, I have been using foundation for 50 years. Everything from Cover Girl to Cle de Peau and I can truly say that Chantecaille's Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer is the best product that I have ever used for a foundation. At my age, less is more and I wanted a foundation that didn't accentuate lines or feel oily. This fits the bill and more. The "second skin" water-based foundations were still a little heavy and most BB, CC creams, or tinted moisturizers didn't give me enough coverage or felt oily. At $72, it is is pricey (although I've paid more), but I was willing to give it a try and I am so glad that I did. It gives me the coverage I need and I don't feel like I even have on foundation or moisturizer. Just feels like skin. I do set it in some areas with either my Hourglass or NYX powder and I'm good for hours. The real extra benefit is what the moisturizer has done to my face. It looks more radiant and glowing, even without the product on. JSTM comes in a tube like toothpaste, but a small dab is all you need, so it should last quite some time. I use my IT flat head foundation brush to just pat it on and it covers beautifully. I can't say enough good things about this product and I wrote to Chantecaille to please never discontinue it. It is worth every penny that I paid for it and will continue to buy more.

on 9/12/2016 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Really one of the best tinted moisturisers/foundations I have ever come across. I think it's a lot more pigmented/coveraged (I know this is not a real word but you get what I'm saying) than any other tinted moisturiser around and still light-weight enough to feel like I'm not really wearing anything that feels too mask-like. A great balance if you need a bit of something to give you a lift but nowhere near what a true foundation provides. My kinda look! I even wear this in the evening for special events and have had loads of compliments so it must be doing something right. :-)

The colour range for caucasian skins is fantastic, although I must admit it does have a slight tendency to lean towards the rose side... typical with frenchy brands that seem to cater to the 'parisian' woman... Unfortunately, if you are a woman (or man) of colour, then this product is not for you... Crap, I know! And speaking of men, I would have to say that this is a great fuss free option if you're looking for something undetectable, uplifting and evening, with no need for any other stages.

I like the fact that the SPF is at 15 and not too superfluously high. I find that products with a high SPF tend to be too thick and don't work with my skin well which then don't look so great. As it is, this does sometimes make me react/breakout a little, which is an issue I have personally with all SPFs in general (and for the record, this is one of the best SPF products that gives me the least level of irritation, so all in all, tolerable). What I find best to combat this is to make sure I am cleansing super properly at the end of the day and sticking to my toning and moisturising regimen. SPFs tend to stick to my skin a little more so proper cleansing and recleansing is important. Keep this in mind if anyone out there has the same issue with SPFs and even think about asking for a small sample from your MU counter to try out for a week before committing to a full purchase, if that's something you can do.

I tend to apply this with my hands like a moisturiser. Brushes or sponges are not necessary as the product disappears into the skin very easily. Even though it's a tinted moisturiser I still go through my moisturising process beforehand. This is something I always do regardless of what I put on and I find less MU is ever needed, with my skin always looking supple and fresh. The texture is like a proper creme style and it covers really well. On initial appearances, it can look a teeny bit white because of the SPF, but over time, this product suddenly melts into the skin and leaves it looking really soft and one with my skin. So give it a bit of time to settle, like any other traditional foundation to show up (or disappear) properly. Even though I notice this initial white cast, it's photo stable so you won't have to worry about any ghost faces.

The smell is low level, a problem I tend to have with lots of foundation products. And what little fragrance there is, it disappears fairly quickly. This is actually a great feature with any Chantecaille products - although they are a true botanical line, none of their products have any on-the-nose lingering odours like Chanel... Don't even get me started on Chanel's signature scent... it amazes me how anyone can handle the fragrance throughout the Chanel line! Sorry Chanel, I find some of your MU products super incredible and the best but you gotta slow down with loading up on that gardenia...

The packaging is great. A handy tube and the product doesn't ever spill out uncontrollably. Again, great for men who like using MU but feel a little left out because a lot of packaging in any brand is a bit too effeminate. This is sleek and a bit sporty looking. As far as price goes, it's probably a lot more than most would expect for a tinted moisturiser but then again, $108 AUD for 1.7 ounces is actually not half bad compared to other crappy ones you pay 3/4 of the price for and throw out after a couple of uses because of how terrible it is. My philosophy is if you are very finicky about what edit of products you want to use and have, then money doesn't factor into it because you are getting your money's worth.

The best tinted moisturizer that I've ever tried. It's not too sheer or greasy. I can actually use it on my combo/oily skin. Some people might feel is it more of a lightweight foundation. There is a great shade range for light to medium skin (not sure about darker skin shades). It provides light coverage leaving my skin looking perfect.

on 4/28/2016 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love Chantecaille products for the most part (Future Skin is HG), but found this to be really disappointing.

Don't know why my experience of this is so different to other reviews but for me this is a masklike unnatural finish, it just sort of sits there and looks like foundation. :S Until it starts fading off and looking patchy and greasy. I haven't tried this with primer or powder as I don't tend to use either of these for everyday wear with my usual foundations, and considering this is a 'tinted moisturiser' I think that's a reasonable expectation that you can just put it on and go. But I do have unnatural expectations of foundation I guess, I don't like to have to mess around with different products to make it work or set it. I'll stick to my other formulas where I don't have.

Pros - It doesn't break me out
Cons - expensive, unnatural finish which doesn't last throughout the day.

on 1/4/2016 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I purchased this in the color Nude. Unfortunately my skin reacted to this product as I noticed slight red splotches on my upper cheeks. I have dry skin and the product did not provide the moisture needed for my mature skin during these winter months. It did NOT provide the "medium" coverage but rather very sheer. For me, this was a mediocre moisturizer that one could easily find in the drugstore. And, OMG, look at the ingredient list. It may work for those with flawless, normal skin who are only looking for slight moisture.

Interestingly, the reviews for this product on MUA are all over the map ranging from a perfect tinted moisturizer to awful. I think Beautipedia provided the most accurate review on this one.

Positive is the packaging which is nice but the final price with tax at $70.00 is criminal for this product.

on 11/12/2015 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the best tinted moisturiser I've ever tried. In fact, I wouldn't call this a TM due to the medium coverage it gives. This stays in place all day and has a beautiful finish (natural but with soft glow); I get comments every time I wear it. I wish they'd make darker colours their darkest colour is too light for me (NC43) so I bronze it up with MAC global glow to get it to work for me. Love this!

on 7/31/2015 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I must be onto my sixth tube of this stuff by now and I simply wouldn't be without it.
It's not cheap but I get many months of use out of each tube.
I used to use Just Skin only during the day and switch to a higher coverage product for night time and special occasions but the constant compliments I receive when wearing Just Skin have resulted in me ditching everything else and just wearing it all the time!
I wear Tan and it is a perfect match for me which is great as I have often struggled with finding a close match to my skin tone over the years with other foundations/tinted moisturisers.
My best friend and my sister-in-law both admired how Just Skin looks so much they now use it and love it just as much as I do.
It doesn't make me break out either.
It provides a lovely youthful, natural looking finish with just enough coverage to even out the skin tone. At my age too heavy a coverage can be ageing and and can emphasise what you are trying to conceal(i.e fine lines).
It is non-drying in winter and copes well with humidity in the warmer months.
I don't know what I would do if this fantastic product was ever discontinued!!
Apart from the cost which may put some people off I honestly can't think of any negatives in relation to this product.