Korres Fig Shower Gel

Korres Fig Shower Gel

4.5

on 10/20/2016 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Korres Shower Gels- (Fig) - I find it a scent evocative of Summer spent in the South of France. Cool, dry figs in the spicy warmth of the soleil de fran├žais. Unisex Fragrance

How do they do it? Seriously! How?

As a Union TV/Film Makeup Artist and Beauty Editor I have had the opportunity to try literally a gazillion shower gels, shower creams and bubble baths over the years, some great, some not so great and then there was Korres. I can honestly say without question that I am in love and that this is hands down the most moisturizing, healing, intensely lathering, luxurious experience I have ever had in the shower to date! *If you're dry after using this for a day or two, you may be in need of an industrial exfoliation or some intense internal hydration.

A decedent and magical elixir that envelopes the body in rich, silky lather and a touch of guilt. Like an ever mysterious chupacabra, Korres shower gels attack dry skin unaware and unlike the more mainstream moisturizing shower gels, this doesn't just cover you with silicone and leave an oil slicked ring of chemicals around your tub or shower. Korres morphs dry, tired, aging skin ethereally into kitten soft, try not to touch yourself bliss! Who would ever believe that a shower gel could help dry, cracked heals, but this will make you wonder what you were splashing your feet in before. This is nothing short of a miracle! The only caveat is having to choose a fragrance, but jeeze what a problem!

Wait... and this is the real oxymoron- Its naturally derived, organic and works beyond the highest of expectations, stay with me...Developed by George Korres, a homeopathic pharmacist from Athens, Greece, who made it his mission to develop safe organic products made from natural ingredients and medicinal plants. The Korres line of products contain no silicone, mineral oil, parabens or dyes; You know the poisons we all try to ignore especially for; sensitive, eczema, psoriasis, acne and rosacea prone skin. *Cosmetic Chemistry Note: The ingredient list gives the scientific names for all ingredients so don't be afraid that your in the naughty chemical zone.

**They do however contain gorgeous essentials oils and plant extracts but maybe that is why they don't smell like a Yankee Candle. Take note BBW, this can be done and better!

I know what you are thinking, how can this shower gel actually be better than it's chemical competitors? Better? It blows them out of the water out of the water! Just wait until you try the body butter- A thick, delicious Custard that won't add unwanted pounds. (see review) Plus it only increases the benefit of this heavenly shower gel.

**I would never endorse a product I do not truly believe in and this is no exception.

on 3/12/2012 3:21:00 PM

The smell of this shower gel is great, its not too fruity but leaves the shower smelling lovely, shame that the scent doesn't stay on the skin. It lathers very well and didn't dry out my skin at all. A great product if you like the smell of figs!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Lathers well and doesn't smell too bad. I can see this lasting me a while. I don't like the packaging very much.. the twist top is a pain to open and close while in the shower.

on 7/10/2009 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ok, firstly, if you prefer your figs tempered with vanilla or softened by amber then this is not the product for you. This is hardcore fig and nothing but. In fact, the smell is so encompassingly fig that its almost as if you're showering by rubbing a half cut fig over your body- yes, it really is a very fig shower gel and I adore it. The smell is beautiful- very fresh and sharp and it lingers in the bathroom and on your skin afterwards which I have never had with a scented shower gel before. Usually, with most scented shower gels, you get a whiff of whatever it is when you first lather it on and then it dissappears immediately, a very weak synthetic scent. This, however, is on a whole different level and I can smell its delightful fragrance on my skin even after a long hot shower and alot of rinsing. I am not a bog fan of Korres generally as I always thought they were a bit overrated but this really is a beautiful product and a must for fig fans such as myself.

on 1/6/2008 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I like this shower gel and I do enjoy its smell. It it not a "green" fig smell (like most of the fig-based perfumes have) but rather a "red" ripe figs smell (if you've ever eaten ripe figs during a trip to southern Europe you should know what I mean) - in other words it smells mostly like the pulp/insides of a ripe fig - sweet but not overly so. Anyway, it's a great shower gel and if you combine it with the Fig Body Milk you can make its sweet smell last longer.

on 7/1/2007 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like korres shower gels, and this one is also great. I think that the fig scent is pretty true and also quite strong, the scent really lingers in my bathroom. however I LOVE the mint tea shower gel, and prefer it to the fig.