Gabriel Zuzu Luxe Dual Powder Foundation

Gabriel Zuzu Luxe Dual Powder Foundation
Zuzu Luxe Dual Powder FoundationGABRIEL COLOR POWDER FOUNDATION

4.3

Mica, cetyl palmitate, octyl palmitate, silica, kaolin, avocado fruit extract*, zinc stearate, jojoba seed oil*, caprylic/capric triglyceride, lecithin, Crithmum maritimum (sea fennel) extract*, tocopheryl acetate, iron oxides, titanium dioxide. *Organic

on 1/11/2017 7:05:00 PM

This is an exceptional powder foundation. It covers very well without looking powdery and does not settle into my mature, lined face. I often reach for it instead of my liquid foundation because I like the finish. I don't usually buy a powder foundation, but I can recommend this one without hesitation.

on 12/15/2016 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The first couple times I tried this foundation, I wasn't that impressed. I felt that it looked too powdery and dry so I neglected it for a little while. I ran out of my usual powder foundation so I went back to this one. I used a facial oil underneath and holy cow that was what I was missing the first few times I tried it! This powder melts into the skin so it's pretty much undetectable but my skin looks flawless! Even makes my pores almost disappear. It wears really well throughout the day without breaking up or getting patchy. This foundation also uses really clean ingredients which is a major plus! I think oily skin types will really like this, but if you are dry like me just make sure you use an oil or heavier moisturizer underneath (I do both)!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this. This is certified gluten-free. I'm 46, PPP, broken caps, some redness, oily skin, and celiac.

This is perfect. It makes me look professional, and it's got a gorgeous finish. I usually have to redo in the middle of the day or touch up, but I have no complaints. This is fantastic, and I've repurchased it five times. (I use about three-four compacts a year.) The only other foundation I use is Bath and Bodyworks powder foundation, which is supposedly gluten-free, as well.

Edit: O.k., I'm in denial. This is the most beautiful foundation I've ever put on my face. It's gorgeous, as long as it's not photographed (kaolin clay flashback.) It's also allergy provoking, if you have trouble with mica or kaolin. I used it for years, and finally admitted that it made my eyes itch, just a little. I switched it out for a Physician's Formula CC Cream (!) and.....the next morning my eyes weren't itchy. If you have allergies, even though this is convenient, gorgeous, and gluten-free, this may be a pass.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My original review complained about how this made my face itch...I found out it was not this product that was making my face itch, but a setting powder I was using which was causing the issue.
I still don't like it though. This is not suitable for oily skin types. And when you reapply it mid day, it cakes horribly.
I'll give it 2 lippies because of its ingredient list, and that this might work wonderfully for normal to combination skin types.

on 11/15/2014 6:30:00 PM

This stuff was pretty awesome. It covered really really well and felt light and smooth. The only problem for me would probably be price.

Highlights pores and glossy shine upon application
D:

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This made me look dead. It had strange greyish/blue undertones and looked COMPLETELY unnatural. If you want to look like you are wearing makeup (and strange makeup at that) this is for you. I hated it and it now sits in my unused makeup pile. I'm baffled by all the good reviews.

MY HOLY GRAIL POWDER! BEST POWDER Foundation out there and I have tried them all.I am new to Zu Zu Luxe but I like the healthy ingredients so gave it a shot. I've tried MAC, Lancome, every drugstore powder I swear, Bare Essentials, Pure Minerals, Tarte, Clinique, Este Lauder..you name it....trying to find a nice finish that lasts and doesnt cake and doesnt make me break out or enhance pores...THIS POWDER is the BEST!. I got it a Natural Gocers. I was using this over the oil free Zu Zu foundation which I like but after I purchased the green primer (for toning down red skin) by Zu Zu Luxe...I thought I would try this foundation alone. The primer for one thing packs a punch. Drugstore brands in green tones don't do anything but Zu Zu's is concentrated and you don't need much. So I tried this powder over and its amazing! I am NC 15-20 and use the D-17 which has a nice golden hue to it. This powder gives a nice natural finish but it gives coverage! And it needs touch ups during the day...what powder foundation doesnt...but the nice thing is that you can add more and it doesnt get cakey...just a nice healthy glow. And does not break me out and I have super super sensitive skin. Thank goodness no bismuth in THIS powder! Coverage is great..and it's a pressed powder so that's nice. I have used the little sponge it comes with but prefer my flat Jane Iredale brush to apply. You all HAVE TO TRY THIS! Stop breaking out....stop looking cakey...I really think everyone would like this and it doesnt enhance pores like some. Doesnt look dry and powdery. Just beautiful and at night when I wash my face, it's still there!!!! I hope they never stop making it. I threw my old stash of "standby" makeup totally away! I've NEVER done that! That is how sure i am about this foundation. Hope to see more reviews on it as it's wonderful.

on 2/6/2014 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: Great range of shades, great application sponge included, mirror included, good coverage.

Cons: Too creamy for my skin, made me break out, a bit pricey.

This foundation did not work for me, but it may work well for someone else.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This stuff is the bomb. I have tried a Maybelline powder foundation and a Chanel foundation, and honestly I like this stuff better, which is nice since it's half the price. For a girl who's used to buying inexpensive cosmetics and is shopping on a budget, the roughly $25 foundation is a little pricey, but I like to think of it as an investment in attractive skin.

I'm a fan of heavy coverage, so I pair it with a liquid or airbrushed foundation, but on its own it's a nice way to brighten and smooth out your skin. I prefer applying it with a brush, as the sponge it comes with makes it a little too cakey for me.

I also like a matte finish, which this will provide. I have an issue with foundations making my skin oily, but this keeps it shine-free for hours.