L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Star Secrets Nude in Dune

4.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Now we're talkin'...this is a nude I can love. None of that rigor mortis look. This has a nice warmth to it, even though it is on the nudish side. Except for the horrific taste/smell of all L'oreal lippys, ( why can't they fix that?) ... I love love this.

So I was still on this quest to find that colour I had in my mind and this is pretty much it!! I lightened up my lips a little with lipbalm and concealer, paired it with toffee 2 be liner and taaa daaaa!!! The look that I love... pink nude that doesn't make my olive skin look sickly.. The best part is that I can reapply during the day without a mirror and not get caught by my boss...ha ha... but in all seriousness... it was worth the $ imo... I was asked quite frequently what I was wearing the past couple of days and this was it.. So it must look nice.. I would buy again.. But considering that the only lipstick I ever had 2 repurchase because I used it so much was nude velvet by revlon...and I have tons of MAC lipsticks... so lets see... but 4 now very pleeeeezzed!!

When I saw the sticker and the picture of the celebrity wearing this color I thought it would be a nice nude for my skin tone. It's a nice color but it's not the color that it showed on the sticker and celebrity, it's actually a light frosted champagne color. I gave it a 3 because I don't like the smell/taste, it's not color shown, can be a little too frosted looking at times, and all you can really see is the frost on my lips. I would of said I would buy it again because it's not an ugly color it's just not what I was looking for and what I'm into at the moment. I wish I had discovered this lipstick when I was in my frosted shimmery champagne lipstick face. If I ever decide that I want that frosty champagne look again I know what lipstick to go for.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I passed by these at Walmart and I couldn't resist. On my pigmented lips, this shows up as a caramel nude with slight shimmer. It looked really good. I also liked how each lipstick showed a celebrity sporting the shade. Mine matched Penelope Cruz the closest, hence the choice of this shade. Works great with smokey eyes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have NEVER worn nude lipstick. I wanted to, but I always ended up looking yellow and washed out. It was always berries and dark plums for me...not even browns! The idea of trying and searching for the perfect nude with all the lipsticks out there seemed impossible. But L'Oreal has released this line that matches the shade for you! This is the Penelope Cruz shade (#875 Dune). I finished it with Colour Juice gloss in Pink Grapefruit and voila! PERFECT NUDE LIPS
I normally only do high end, but L'Oreal is one of the few drug store brands I like...so I had to give this a try - Glad I did! I'm buying every single one I see in case they're LE.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is my HG nude lipstick. It comes in a classy gold tube and smells great. The color is a shimmery nude in the tube but when applied, there is not much shimmer to it. I absolutely love it for the nude lips/smoky eyes look. The display had it featured for medium. skin tones a la Penelope Cruz & Eva Longoria. Cruz wore this color.

Dune is a limited edition lipstick from the recently released L'Oreal Colour Riche line called Star Secrets Nudes. Apparently, these colors have already been released in Europe for a while under the name "Made for Me Naturals." Note that in the June 2007 Glamour magazine ad, this line of nude lipsticks was called "Nude Match" (I have no idea why the name has been since changed). The display shows various L'Oreal models (Laetitia Casta, Aishwarya Rai, Kerry Washington, etc) wearing the lipsticks. Dune (#875) is one of the 10 lipsticks from this line and is categorized as a "Nude Brown" and is meant for medium skintones (Penelope Cruz is wearing Dune). I am a dark-haired person with light to medium skin (neutral to warm undertones, MAC NC 25 to 30, Cover Girl in Buff Beige, BE 1.2 to 2.0). On my rosey/mauvey pigmented lips, Silk is a pretty, light caramel beige with some shimmer/iridescence to give it some dimension. It is somewhat sheer.

The packaging is the usual colour riche packaging except the tube is in shiny/reflective gold (the permanent colour riche lipsticks come in gold tubes but the gold is "frosted"). The scent and taste are the usual colour riche scent/taste (floral) which bothers some people but not me. The scent/taste does disappear immediately.