Sebamed Cleansing Bar

Sebamed Cleansing Bar

3.3

Not tested on animals

Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Wheat Starch (Triticum Vulgare), Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Talc, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Sodium Lactate, Water (Aqua), Lecithin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Panthenol, Inulin, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycine, Magnesium Aspartate, Alanine, Lysine, Leucine, Benzophenone 4, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 10 (CI 47005), Green 5 (CI 61570), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product does clean up my skin real good but at the same time it dried out my skin :( i really wanted it to work but my skin did not agree with it.I'm left with dry patches on my face.
Pros:
Cleans away 90% of my makeup
Cons:
Dried out my skin

i try this because in my country i can not get the liquid cleanser , there are only bar and scrub . I have finished the scrub cleanser and it work ok on my skin but I prefer no scrub for my daily cleanser so i try this one. and I'm VERY HAPPY I did. usually bar texture will dry my skin like crazy. but sebamed just know how to NOT strip all our skin but still make it clean and not oily. the scrub smell like medicine but I will buy it again bec it's very good . this bar smell amazing , not fragrance smell , just nice smell (for someone with HIGH sensitivity towards smell , this is probably not for you). from Sebamed , I had tried their eye cream and sunscreen too. all okay. the sunscreen will leave a MASSIVE WHITE CAST (although they said it won't). but it a decent sun protection since i don't get sunburn when i use that. Cleansing Bar : smell great , not soapy , don't have a lot of foam since it's soap free BUT it clean EXTREMELY WELL. All my oil and sebum just gone after washing but my skin doesn't feel tight and pull. and CHEAP. but i won't really recommend this for dry skin bec although it's not drying , IT IS ALSO NOT MOISTURIZING AT ALL.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

-smells great
-doesn't contain soap which dries out skin & can be used on face in shower
- doesn't affect natural pH of skin so less chance of flare ups when switching to it from other cleansers
- high quality brand
- looks cute
- good for bacne
-cheap

It leaves a nice clean feeling without drying out my skin.It doesn´t lather much though

on 11/23/2014 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

UPDATE:
Unfortunately this dried out my skin pretty much. I really loved it at first and I saw immediate results concerning blemishes and clogged pores. But after using this for a week it dried out my skin and made it red and irritated. Such a shame, since I really liked it!

I have sensitive,combination skin (used to have a lot of clogged pores,non-inflamed acne).
By now I feel I was simply experimenting too much, trying out too many products with even more ingredients on my skin.
I use this only once a day, I wet a cotton pad and run it over the bar and then I massage my face with it and wash it all off.

+ skin-clearing properties
+ no allergic reactions (big pro for me!)
+ leaves skin really really clean
+ you get a LOT of product for a little price

- some people complain about the smell (I really don't mind it)
- very very drying in the long run

on 8/2/2014 10:23:00 AM

Have just brought this facial cleansing bar to try. will review more after using long enough. so far, not too bad. for those mentioning doesnt lather well, use a lathering foam net. it will help you lather as much foam as you want. you can get it from daiso or online. hope that helps! what it attracts me are the vitamins and moisturizing ingredients. Also i store in a soap box which has hole beneath. so it will dry properly and doesnt breed bacteria.

maybe i would buy again but will be looking for better alternative.

on 2/9/2014 5:29:00 PM

My skin is very very sensitive. My face gets really red and sometimes small pimples pop out if I use a product that im allergic to. I recently moved to a country where my usual facial cleanser is not available. After trying out several cleansers...I found this and am very much contented. I like this product since it doesnt irritate my face nor causes break outs. Also, cause one bar lasts a really looong time. Mine lasts for 5 months! Downside is that it tends to dry out your skin if used more than 2x a day (it is a bar soap after all).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hmmm, this Is a good facial wash I think,
It doesn't irritated my skin anyway, but it doesn't made any changed on my sensitive-acne prone skin too,
And after using it,still feel a residues left on my skin,
Only keep it as an alternative when my skin was in trouble-irritated.

I love this product! I used to be the type of girl who could not stick with one beauty product for a long period of time... that said..I've been using this soap for almost a year and I'm actually scared to change it....

The reson it does not "lather" is because it does not contain silicones :)
Silicones like mineral oil coat the skin and make it feel soft but dry it out in the long run...

I personally love the scent and always get compliments on how "clean" I smell

This product healed my bacne ( if i use anything else.. even once...I'll break out)
I NEVER get zits on my chest

It's a god send seriously...if you have problem skin try this product!!!!!!!!!!!

I reccomend using this soap with an exfoliating towel....afterwards spritz your skin with rose water and moisturize with the sebamed dry skin lotion (it contains shea and vitamin e )

on 8/7/2011 8:24:00 AM

This can be used as a solid shampoo.