Chanel Artist Palette

No Image

3.6

on 5/7/2007 1:43:00 PM

Well sadly this is limited edition, now no longer available. Contrary to other reviews, i found this actually a very quick way to do my make-up. Yes, it is drying. I moisturise my lips at night so i get up then put this on- it stays on for hours! Expensive, yes, but worth it.

Drawbacks:
As others have said, it's no secret that 'multiple' products never work. The worst case scenerio is they're bad at each 'function'. These shades will prob all suit you, as they are variations of the same colour, nothing too adventurous. For my part, I don't suit the coral, and i'm not too keen on the gloss- very vaseline- but the others are great lip colours, wear it everyday and you don't need much to get a lot of pigment (use lip liner to make it last even longer).
Also, the black tin is quite chic i suppose, but you'd be a fool to use the gimmicky palette or brushes, they are just for the look.

As for eyes, i personally never wear pinks, i think it looks awful- usually like one has suffered an injury/ lost sleep etc, so a no no for me. Sometimes the bronze just about works in the crease.

As for cheeks, very sparingly it can work. I would be worried about the sparkles breaking me out, so again I'd tend to avoid. I use BE Flowers blush, sometimes mixing that with the gloss to great effect.
I'd buy these instead of lipsticks if i could!

on 7/12/2003 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love it. I like the powdery consistency of the pigments/colors and how light and airy they go on. I am not particularly fond of the gloss...reminds me of vaseline (lol).

The colors are nice and "calm" not garish and I feel and look like I have spent time on the beach.

I have some trouble putting the caps back on the little tubes but it is an overall great product but I don't wear it everyday. This is a special event deal.

on 1/21/2003 2:51:00 PM

Forget eyes. The colours are just unrealistic. And i have to forget using for blush, my pores are too big. But for lips! I just adore it! Especially bronze. I use w/ the lip brush from my T&T gloss set, start w/ a little gloss on the brush and then apply colour from the tube. Gorgeous texture. Yes it's drying, but it's so cool b/c it's like adding no texture, just colour to your lips. And that is a plus for me.

The colours are amazing, that scattered sparkle is just beautiful. I have 2 sets of this. I can see myself running out, and that will be sad.

Magenta on cheeks for babydoll or light flush. I like using a lip brush. Matching the cheeks colours on lips is cute, add a semi sheer lipstick over in a slightly different hue for an easy look.

The tubes are hard to close. Totally forgivable.

on 6/2/2003 6:01:00 AM

I adore this little "palette" too but its not one for everyday use. I keep this one as precious and don't use it very often. It contains two (ish-quality) brushes, 5 colour paints and one clear gloss. The colours are well pigmented and more wearable than in the aqualumieres palettes. Colours work well on eyes lips and cheeks...but I will confess I use my MAC gloss over the top cos I don't want to waste my chanel tube! Special treat. D.xx

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am Bengali and find that each colour works for me in a different way except rose. I love bronze and corail, they're like subtle sparkly differentiations on my skintone. The red is a great blusher if used VERY sparingly and magenta is really pretty on my eyes, cheeks or lips. Though it is drying on the lips, I pat it on and use use a moisturing clear lipglaze on top and it's fine. I love the packaging and don't find these products hard to apply or dry. I love having seriously sparkly eyes and nude lips and it's just the right amount of it for daytime wear for me! I just wish it wasn't a limited edition...

on 3/7/2003 2:09:00 AM

All the colors are great, and the packaging LOOKS really good. However, I'm not really using these cute little tubes because the caps are too fiddly to screw back on. I would recommend getting a separate mini-compact to transfer some of the colors to, for more of a hassle-free application.

on 6/28/2002 6:27:00 PM

Cute concept but product quality falls below expectation. I understand Chanel is up there with the with the hip and chic with its clothes, shoes, and regular make-up line, and now maybe trying to catch a younger crowd with this palette, but truth be known, I find the quality of the product belies its hefty price tag. The colors are beautiful to look at and play around with, but I found the texture of the paints to be quite drying - especially on lips. Works for eyes and so-so for cheeks - and I've said it before, all these "mulitple" type products never ever do a great multiple job, its always just best at one thing, either lips, eyes or cheeks, never all three at once. The tubes are infinitesimal, tiny and you really have to deign yourself to conserve the product since it's a premium commodity. Mixes well enough, however when you mix it it's hard to squeeze out just enough product - you always end up with more than you actually need. They go on sheer, but very shimmery - difinitely not a day thing. And when it comes down to it, creases and does not last all too long. Disappointing and unequally to the Glossimer, Infrarouge Lipsticks and nail polish which, I think, are worth the money. If you crave for a palette to mix, I'd opt for Mac's ever reliable and wide ranging Paints - although for eyes only - is definitely long lasting, does not crease, easy to work with and has gorgeous colors.

on 7/20/2002 7:23:00 AM

This kit contains five warm-toned shades of pigmented cream and one clear gloss in little metal tubes. The texture of the creams is too dry on its own for lips and cheeks, but mixed with the gloss (or with your own moisturiser), they are workable and wearable. Although the shades are more in the lip/cheek spectrum, I myself prefer them as eyeshadows, where they give a unique sheer, stained look with just a little shimmer. If you suit peach or pinky eyeshadows then these shades will quite possibly be workable for you. They are absolutely stunning on many Indian skintones in particular. You need only the minutest quantity to spread evenly over the lid for a beautiful effect. There may be some creasing, but you can avoid this by using over a powder eyeshadow or base. They give a very pretty effect over a sheer, sparkly eyeshadow, such as Nars Nightstar. It is hard to find nice eyeshadows in these sort of colours, so it is great to get 5 in one. And the non-US price, 29 in UK, is not unreasonable for 6 tubes when you consider Maybelline charge the same for their (larger, though) cream eyeshadows. I haven't used the provided mixing pot or brush, both a bit cheap and crappy, but the product itself is superb quality. This is a great buy for eye use, and fine for lips/cheeks if you're prepared to spend a little time mixing and blending.

on 8/6/2002 1:02:00 PM

Maybe I'm still just trying to justify this purchase to myself, but I really do like this palette! I'm still experimenting with this kit and find it a lot of fun to play with. I agree with some of the other reviews that the colors are drying if applied on the lips (I haven't tried it with the clear gloss over it yet). I LOVE the MAGENTA and ROSE colors for my eyelids and find the application easier and smoother than MAC paints. I love how they dry to a powdery finish and they last a long time on my lids. The packaging is a problem since I have difficulty screwing the caps back on once I've used a particular color. I haven't used the other colors too much though I find the reddish Carmin color is too red for my eyelids. Corail and bronze are beautiful lip color shades.

on 7/1/2002 10:25:00 PM

I was disappointed with this kit. The colours are very pretty and I love the little tubes, but they are so drying, and so I can't use them on my lips, and they're too pink/reddish to use on eyes and so they'd be perfect for cheeks but I can't get them to blend and so my face just looks streaky, and one cheek usually ends up darker than the other, then I have to put more on the other cheek which makes THAT one darker, and I usually have to end up washing everything off and starting over. If you're great at blending or put on moisturizer immediately before application, it might work okay. Also, I wish there was a mirror on the lid. You'd think they'd include one in a $65.00 kit.

I wish I hadn't spend so much money on this.