Boots No7 Stay Perfect Foundation

Boots  No7 Stay Perfect Foundation

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 1.6% ln Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane Talc, Mica, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium PCA, Aluminum Stearate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Lecithin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ceramide 3, BHT, Ceramide 6, Cholesterol, Phytosphingosine, Morus Alba Leaf Extract, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Sodium Hydroxide, Ceramide 1, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

I've tried everything to try and get this to work, and I mean everything, the bottle is half gone. Brushes of all shapes, blender, primer, no primer, setting spray, no setting spray, different powders. I was determined not to be beaten and to find the magic combination but alas I failed.

The problem with it is caking into the pores and over any dry skin. It's even worse with setting sprays as it oxidises into the pores.

I had no such problems with http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=164383/No.-7-Lift-and-Luminate-Foundation-/Boots-/Liquid which has a similar finish.

on 2/21/2016 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

WARNING: LONG AF REVIEW (it's thorough though so yw)

I bought this recently in the shade 'calico' (I was matched in the shop) which is the lightest shade and I had high hopes for it - it's long lasting and makes you look natural and even airbrushed! -, but I was let down because the shade was very yellowy-grey on my skin (I looked ill). Unfortunately it was more for warm-toned pale people, and I'm as cool as a cucumber (I had to sorry).

However, after bringing this up with one of the people in the shop - unwillingly, I might add because I'm so awkward in public omg - she pointed me towards 'cool vanilla', which is nearly the same shade but is more pink-toned and suits me so much better.

I wanted to change my foundation from the L'Oreal Infallible Matte 24h one (Stay Perfect isn't matte btw) because it just wasn't doing much for me? and never lasted long after a long day of trudging through school and when I got home I would look at myself and see a patchy mess (which is kinda awkward when your crush gets the same bus home as you, trust me).

ANYWAY enough of L'Oreal, because this product is better. Instead of going on for ages, here are the pros and cons (be aware that I just got this so it's mostly first impressions):

Pros:
- smells like chocolate ice cream (who knows why. it smells amazing though)
- natural finish (doesn't look like you're wearing makeup but still has enough coverage)
- a little goes a long way (all you need is a tiny blob on the back of your hand and then blend it in with a sponge - that's what works best for me anyway)
- blends well with other products (depending on your concealer, blush etc obviously)
- not matte but not dewy either (it's basically like you're improving your skin's appearance but not changing the texture - you could use illuminator, highlighter or matte setting powder for that)

Cons:
- not the best coverage (it's medium - kind of on the sheer side? - which others could be okay with but I have a lot of pimples and stuff so I need a good concealer with this)
- the shade is still kind of dark on me (mostly my fault for being a ghost)

Overall a really good product that I would buy again if I run out of it any time soon (which most likely won't ever happen)

WARNING: if you use too much then it becomes like several shades darker than your skin colour so DO NOT USE THAT MUCH! I stress this so much because it only needs a tiny bit at first and then you can add more to your hand after the first blob.

To Read all 125 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I always find myself going back to this foundation. It was the first foundation I tried, and I've purchased so many foundations that were highly recommended by beauty bloggers, such as true match etc, hated them all! I always find myself going back to this one. I can use it with any foundation brush OR beauty blender, it doesn't matter, it just adjusts to whatever. I will say, I'm the lightest colour (calico) and it's the only drugstore foundation that doesn't oxidise to the point where it makes me look orange and horrible. Because I have oily skin, it really surprised me that this foundation works for me, it's the only 'dewy' looking foundation I like, makes my skin look sooooo healthy! But for a drugstore foundation, it's preeeetty pricey, but for the quality, can't really complain!

I am really enjoying this foundation! It has the staying power of Lancome's long-wearing teint idole foundation, but a better color match for me and a much better price.
This foundation has medium coverage, a satin finish, and does not dry out my dry areas or increase the oil in my oily areas - it has a generally balancing effect on my skin. It lasts all day and has spf.
I wear the shade Calico. It is the lightest shade Boots offers in this foundation, and is a lovely match for my NC15 skin. For reference, I also wear Revlon Colorstay foundation in Buff and Cover Girl Clean foundation in Classic Ivory, both of which are the second-to-the-lightest color in their respective range.
I had originally tried the color Warm Ivory, but that was much too dark for me.
I follow this with the Boots loose powder in translucent. Very nice finish! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pros:

Easy to get your hands on.
Reasonably priced.
Nice packaging and comes with an attached pump so no need to buy a pump separately.
Lasts a reasonably long time.
Found it had nice coverage.
Went onto my skin nicely and blended without problems.

Cons:

Doesn't really cater to paler people, with their lightest shade being Calico and being considerably too dark for myself. I was matched in store with this shade.
I found it does not wear very well on my skin, however I do work in a very warm office.

on 2/3/2016 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great product because I have purchased it twice; however I will not be purchasing again as it does have its negatives and I feel there are better foundations out there. The reasons why I did love this product was because the colour match was exact as their is now a skin matcher which I think is great as I really don't like the hassle of finding my own colour match as I either pick one that is to light or to dark so I found this amazing that it was matched to my skin tone, I also loved the natural ingredients in this product; I found there wasn't a strong fragrance to it, which is perfect for my skin as fragrance can irritate my skin- especially because It is sensitive. The packaging was lovely; and I loved that it had a pump as this means none of the product could be wasted. Another thing that I loved about this foundation is that you can wear it by itself or you can wear other products on top such as; bronzer, blusher, concealer etc. and it can be worn throughout the day for a natural look or you can dress it up for the night time as well.

However there were some dislikes about this product. The reasons why I wouldn't purchase this product again is because I found that it didn't have a good coverage, this foundation covered my redness but it did not cover my spots, however I do have acne so maybe I need to consider buying a foundation with a higher coverage. I also found that this foundation doesn't last through the day but that may be because I had oily skin at the time when using this foundation but now I have very dry skin due to medical reasons so the outcome could be different. BUT this could be due to my skin type (sensitive, spot prone etc.) remember its what suits your skin, some products work better for other people and this product didn't work at its best for me. Apart from the coverage and the lasting of the foundation I would say its a good product to try out if you are looking for a natural foundation with a light coverage, however if you have spot prone skin like me I wouldn't recommend it if you are wanting a medium/high coverage. This could also just depend on your skin type. Overall there are more positive's than negatives for this product but I have tried it for long enough now and its not the perfect foundation for me.
(Shade Calico)

UK: £14.50
USA: $15.99

on 12/11/2015 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This ~used~ to be my go to foundation. (I now use Max Factor Lasting Perfection liquid foundation).

What I like about this foundation is:
- perfect amount of product dispensed from the pump
- smooth going on, very blend-able
- medium coverage (good for me but maybe not enough for others)

Cons:
- Can catch on dry areas (but not always, depends how my eczema flares up).
- Could be seen as slightly pricey for some people (around £14)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Out of all the high-end and drug store foundations that I have tried, this has to be hands down the best foundation I have ever owned! I am on my second bottle now and will continue to purchase it. Since finding this foundation I have neglected using the rest of my foundations because nothing competes any more, from my Nars sheer glow, to Armani silky foundation and estee lauder's double wear. I am so satisfied that I don't feel the need to try out any more foundations.

Pros: easy application, long lasting, blends well and looks great, great price for the quality you are getting, great packaging (travel friendly, has a pump and it's not glass), buildable from low to medium/ high coverage and doesn't make me break out!!!! (I have sensitive skin).

Cons: I love it so much that it has made me neglect the rest of my foundations :P

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

i have oily skin and i have used many foundations in the past to try and help my oily skin. This is the only one that helps it. It doesn't stop it from getting oily, but it helps prevent it so my makeup stays on for longer. I would definitely recommend to anyone with oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this foundation!
First off, I bought my first bottle for about £10 with a coupon. I believe the full price of this bottle is £14.50. In the store, one of the sales girls matched my skin to the shade Calico. I bought it and took it home! (The second time I bought the foundation, I bought it full-price. But I did get one of their mascaras which I believe for for about £10 half price).
At first I found it difficult to apply this foundation with the method I previously used, with a foundation brush. It left the foundation really smeary and not very attractive. It took a bit of experimenting to discover a stippling brush works best with this foundation for me.The coverage of this foundation I would say is medium. I have badly scarred skin from acne, and also a bit of acne currently. The foundation covers the scars very well, but not so much on the current acne I have. With a concealer though, it basically covers all. The foundation is can be built up for better coverage.
My only problem with this foundation is it seems to migrate to ridges in my skin (Mainly wrinkles on my forehead and my under eyes) which is not a very nice look. I usually apply the foundation all over, and then have to blend in these areas even more than I would anyway. This is my only grump, though.
The stay-power of this foundation is amazing, I can put it on before college at 7am and it will stay looking fresh (with a top-up of powder to combat shine) until I get home at 5pm. I also have very sensitive skin, and this product does not inflame my skin at all! I really love it!