Boots No7 Stay Perfect Foundation

Boots  No7 Stay Perfect Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 1.6% ln Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane Talc, Mica, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium PCA, Aluminum Stearate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Lecithin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ceramide 3, BHT, Ceramide 6, Cholesterol, Phytosphingosine, Morus Alba Leaf Extract, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Sodium Hydroxide, Ceramide 1, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

Pros:
This was the most beautiful foundation I have ever tried. It doesn't cling to dry flakes on my skin and it stays put on my cheeks! I was able to apply blush over this foundation without it wiping off which is practically unheard of for me. It is a medium to full coverage foundation which I like. The color selection was pretty decent for a drugstore foundation too. The finish was a soft dewy glow and long lasting, perfect for summer.

Cons:
The price of this is a bit ridiculous for a drugstore foundation. I am currently in London and paid 15 pounds for it. I'm sure it's not cheap in the US either. the biggest con for me that will prevent me from using this was the breakout it caused. After only a few hours of wear I could feel huge, not tiny little bumps, massive volcano sized zits forming. On the first day I wore it I counted 5 brand new giant zits. I typically don't break out that extreme maybe one or two big ones around my period and the occasional random one. However, I am an optimist and refused to give up on such a beautiful foundation. after day two, another 3 mountains appeared! I decoded to give my skin a break for a bout a week, barely wore foundation and my zits are still there but healing. I don't know what i was thinking but i decided to try a third and final time mixing it in with my usual foundation (less than one pump) and I kid you not I've got another 3! I'll do the math for you, that is 11 big ole zits on the left size of my jaw/chin/mouth area. Not an attractive look.

Moral of the story, beautiful foundation if it doesn't break you out. Acne prone people, you've been warned.

on 2/14/2017 5:45:00 PM

This foundation looked fantastic the first day that I wore it, if you can tolerate talc it would be perfect. I unfortunately found out that I can not. The finish is amazing for dry skin

on 1/22/2017 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unfortunately, this product did not look or feel right on my skin. Way too shiny and unnatural looking. It did not even out my skin at all. I am not sure if this would work for any of us with oily skin. I have used Boots products before but this one doesn't seem to have a good quality. I am NC30 and used Warm Beige that looked muddy on my face.

I have this in the lightest shade - Calico. I'm surprised at how much I like this foundation as it was just an impulse buy and didn't have high hopes.
It has light to medium coverage and I don't find it buildable, medium is as good as it gets.
It leaves a satin finish on my skin and I usually like to set it with some powder.
It lasts longer than most foundations do on my skin and even when it starts to wear off it fades nicely.
I definitely think it is comparable to high end foundations and am pretty impressed it.

This isn't a bad foundation and better than most long lasting, but I usually use Boots Lift & Luminate. Target doesn't carry my shade so I thought I would try a different one of Boots and this one isn't bad but the Lift and Luminate gives more coverage and honestly, in my opinion is longer lasting than the Stay Perfect and much more comfortable so I'm going back to the Lift & Luminate. Please boots, DONT DISCONTINUE THE LIFT AND LUMINATE!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the best!

on 12/25/2016 3:49:00 AM

Okay so I can't edit on my phone - apologies about the double post re: ingredients changing. This is dewy. This is a slightly fuller coverage, much more dewy True Match. This is actually closer to True Match Lumi, with a more wet, true-dew look than a metallic or glow. I have oily skin but even when just applied, this is too wet. It slides, it feels very tacky, it transfers terribly (yet survives alright under glasses pads?). I've even used this in conjunction with Ever Matte Poreless (primer) . Still greasy looking. I should have known, reading the ingredients in Walgreens but I'd already set my mind to buying one of No 7's foundations and found Airbrush Away unacceptable. Finally, this pulls very, very yellow. In my store I believe it went Calico, Cool Ivory,_something_, Cool Vanilla. Cool Vanilla seemed slightly lighter (swatched) so I went with it. Coming from an NW13ish depth with fairly neutral neck/body and very slight unwanted redness in the face that I correct with a mix of neutral leaning foundation and green CC, if this sounds like you, Cool Vanilla is way, way too dark. Rating 2 Price $15 Pkg = precise (not like Mac concealer) pump and lightweight glass Oxidization no Finish dewy Coverage light medium, some may call it solid medium Looks particularly nice on my nose/one of the best pore-non-emphasizing, though you'd never guess based on consistency. (to be fair, I judged the pore situation after using Ever Matte) Powder will nott take away much of the luminosity, for better or worse. It will help it set but the inherent ingredients dictate the glow-factor here so if you're not a luminous finish loving makeup wearer, you may want to avoid. It looked pretty satin/natural finish swatched in store. Not on the face.

on 10/8/2016 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am loving this foundation! I was going to go back to my Lancome Tient Miracle but was dismayed by price and comment about formula changes. Never tried any Boots products but after seeing a review from Frugalista on YouTube thought I'd give it a shot. Love that Target has testers - found a perfect color match, Cool Ivory. Goes on so smoothly with my fingers, no polka-dot pores, covers redness and dark spots and dries down to a lovely satin finish with no tackiness or sparkles. Doesn't seem to oxidize on me and lasts all day, no breakouts either. I'm a happy camper.

on 8/19/2016 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this foundation is everything! applied with a flat foundation brush and then just pushed into the skin using a dense buffing brush will give you the fullest coverage and stays put all day long (even on my very oily nose and forehead). this has more of a satin finish than dewy and gives you a luminous glow but without looking like your face is a grease ball. would defo recommend this to anyone looking for a foundation on a budget! :)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I'm in love with this foundation. As a product junkie with oily skin, this is the only foundation to stay on all day and not shine like crazy.I've tried everything from Maybelline Matte and poreless to Makeup Forever Mat Velvet If you have oily skin, this is amazing. It doesn't feel heavy and is easily buildable for coverage. I love how it looks so natural and even in tone. I do combine with S&G one neck of a blot primer and can go entire 8 hour shift without touch ups. It also doesn't make your pores seem huge.

This is a great product if your skin doesn't have any texture issues as I do and this doesn't add any help in that department. I'm giving this 2 lippies because you can't see any make-up streaks or it sitting on pores when looking up close, making it undetectable. However, the actual shade is so dull that it doesn't enhance anything to my skin. (Since owning MUFE F&B foundation, nothing compares). It makes my skin appear so flat, other than it appearing undetectable up close, it does nothing else to make my skin look better. Another foundation that made me think I look better without it than on. As the overall result is so blah, in a way it makes me look like I am wearing foundation but not in a good way. This also appears heavy on my eyes, making me look haggard when I smile. Not good.

I was also matched to the wrong shade by the SA which was far too dark for me. I made the most of it, trying to deceive my eyes that I could work on it and that it was fine. But nah, it then oxidizes into several shades darker! I've a feeling it does that too with all the shades.

I also purchased this in Super Light by No. 7 which is slightly better but still blah. Odd application (will drip everywhere) and greasy feeling.

I made a good decision and returned these items for an exchange for their lipsticks by No. 7 which is waaaay better.