Boots No7 Stay Perfect Foundation

Boots  No7 Stay Perfect Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 1.6% ln Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane Talc, Mica, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium PCA, Aluminum Stearate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Lecithin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ceramide 3, BHT, Ceramide 6, Cholesterol, Phytosphingosine, Morus Alba Leaf Extract, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Sodium Hydroxide, Ceramide 1, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 8/4/2017 8:08:00 AM

I'm in love with this foundation. I'm 35 with a light/medium, warm to neutral skin tone and I have combo/oily skin. I wear the shade Warm Ivory and even in the summer months when I have just a tad bit more color to my skin, it's still too dark. That's the one gripe I have about this foundation, the shade range is quite dark so if you're super fair you may not be able to find a good match. I mix this with another foundation to get the perfect color for me. It goes on well with a damp beauty sponge and blends out to a natural, skin-like finish. I have not seen any oxidization when wearing this. I do get slighly oily after about 6h of wear and blot 1x/day but that will happen with almost every foundation I wear. The packaging is a nice glass bottle with a great pump. I've heard this is a dupe for Lancome Teint Idole foundation but do not have personal experience with that one to confirm. Overall I'm super pleased with this foundation!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is the worst makeup product i have ever purchased, and no i am not exaggerating. it clings to dry patches like no other. an hour after applying, it looks like it has sucked the life out of my face. also, the coverage is terrible. i would not recommend this product.

on 4/30/2017 11:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Coverage is good. The finish is shiny, to the point where I have to put on powder immediately after application to tone things down. It also oxidizes like crazy. This was not a good buy.

on 2/14/2017 5:45:00 PM

This foundation looked fantastic the first day that I wore it, if you can tolerate talc it would be perfect. I unfortunately found out that I can not. The finish is amazing for dry skin

Pros:
This was the most beautiful foundation I have ever tried. It doesn't cling to dry flakes on my skin and it stays put on my cheeks! I was able to apply blush over this foundation without it wiping off which is practically unheard of for me. It is a medium to full coverage foundation which I like. The color selection was pretty decent for a drugstore foundation too. The finish was a soft dewy glow and long lasting, perfect for summer.

Cons:
The price of this is a bit ridiculous for a drugstore foundation. I am currently in London and paid 15 pounds for it. I'm sure it's not cheap in the US either. the biggest con for me that will prevent me from using this was the breakout it caused. After only a few hours of wear I could feel huge, not tiny little bumps, massive volcano sized zits forming. On the first day I wore it I counted 5 brand new giant zits. I typically don't break out that extreme maybe one or two big ones around my period and the occasional random one. However, I am an optimist and refused to give up on such a beautiful foundation. after day two, another 3 mountains appeared! I decoded to give my skin a break for a bout a week, barely wore foundation and my zits are still there but healing. I don't know what i was thinking but i decided to try a third and final time mixing it in with my usual foundation (less than one pump) and I kid you not I've got another 3! I'll do the math for you, that is 11 big ole zits on the left size of my jaw/chin/mouth area. Not an attractive look.

Moral of the story, beautiful foundation if it doesn't break you out. Acne prone people, you've been warned.

on 7/17/2017 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have dry skin and have tried multiple drug store foundations and this one has been the best. It's is shiny however paired with the No7 translucent powder it looks flawless. The only problem I have with this foundation is it may be causing my skin to break out.. but besides that it doesn't cling to any dry spots.

on 1/22/2017 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unfortunately, this product did not look or feel right on my skin. Way too shiny and unnatural looking. It did not even out my skin at all. I am not sure if this would work for any of us with oily skin. I have used Boots products before but this one doesn't seem to have a good quality. I am NC30 and used Warm Beige that looked muddy on my face.

This isn't a bad foundation and better than most long lasting, but I usually use Boots Lift & Luminate. Target doesn't carry my shade so I thought I would try a different one of Boots and this one isn't bad but the Lift and Luminate gives more coverage and honestly, in my opinion is longer lasting than the Stay Perfect and much more comfortable so I'm going back to the Lift & Luminate. Please boots, DONT DISCONTINUE THE LIFT AND LUMINATE!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the best!

I have this in the lightest shade - Calico. I'm surprised at how much I like this foundation as it was just an impulse buy and didn't have high hopes.
It has light to medium coverage and I don't find it buildable, medium is as good as it gets.
It leaves a satin finish on my skin and I usually like to set it with some powder.
It lasts longer than most foundations do on my skin and even when it starts to wear off it fades nicely.
I definitely think it is comparable to high end foundations and am pretty impressed it.

on 12/25/2016 3:49:00 AM

Okay so I can't edit on my phone - apologies about the double post re: ingredients changing. This is dewy. This is a slightly fuller coverage, much more dewy True Match. This is actually closer to True Match Lumi, with a more wet, true-dew look than a metallic or glow. I have oily skin but even when just applied, this is too wet. It slides, it feels very tacky, it transfers terribly (yet survives alright under glasses pads?). I've even used this in conjunction with Ever Matte Poreless (primer) . Still greasy looking. I should have known, reading the ingredients in Walgreens but I'd already set my mind to buying one of No 7's foundations and found Airbrush Away unacceptable. Finally, this pulls very, very yellow. In my store I believe it went Calico, Cool Ivory,_something_, Cool Vanilla. Cool Vanilla seemed slightly lighter (swatched) so I went with it. Coming from an NW13ish depth with fairly neutral neck/body and very slight unwanted redness in the face that I correct with a mix of neutral leaning foundation and green CC, if this sounds like you, Cool Vanilla is way, way too dark. Rating 2 Price $15 Pkg = precise (not like Mac concealer) pump and lightweight glass Oxidization no Finish dewy Coverage light medium, some may call it solid medium Looks particularly nice on my nose/one of the best pore-non-emphasizing, though you'd never guess based on consistency. (to be fair, I judged the pore situation after using Ever Matte) Powder will nott take away much of the luminosity, for better or worse. It will help it set but the inherent ingredients dictate the glow-factor here so if you're not a luminous finish loving makeup wearer, you may want to avoid. It looked pretty satin/natural finish swatched in store. Not on the face.