Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

I discovered this a few years ago and have been using it ever since, mostly for my hands. I keep a pump bottle in the bathroom at home, another at my desk at work, a tube in my car and another in my travel bag. It’s great for smoothing the skin and cuticles. For me, it sinks right in and I like that it’s fragrance free. Sometimes scented hand lotions can be a bit much. Highly recommend!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A very cost effective and good body moisturizer. I cannot use this on my face but on dry areas anywhere lower than my neck this works well and relieves any dry or uncomfortable feeling. Particularly my legs which are very prone to flakiness. Many body moisturizers that I've used before, regardless of price have left a sticky or oily layer on the skin but this doesn't - it sinks straight in and that's what I love about it. I've even used it as a scalp moisturizer in combination with 'Brigeo Scalp Revival Charcoal shampoo' (a dime size amount directly to scalp after shampooing and towel drying hair) and it helps keep my scalp hydrated and less prone to itchiness. Any other lotion would be too heavy and end up getting stuck in my hair.
Also perfect as a hand cream during the summer months, perhaps not as rich as you might need though for winter.
All in all a good purchase!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

I like Aveeno but don’t love this. The lotion is so thick that it clogged up the pump and it leaves a sticky feeling on my body - today the lotion was pilling on my legs as it didn’t fully absorb in 4 hours! There are definitely better body moisturisers out there.

I have learned that after many years Aveeno has the best moisturizers. It clears up redness, acne, dryness, and any other things. The oatmeal flour is the secret ingredient if you suffer perioral dermatitis or seb. dermatitis. It’s also good for psoriasis and eczema. I also learned that silica is really good for those skin conditions as they are found in Vanicream Skin Cream. I just like Aveeno better bc it feels more moisturizing. This moisturizer and the Daily Baby one (the one that comes in a large squeeze bottle) are my two favorites. My skin is never red anymore and it feels so good. The way I use it is once a night or once in the morning after I cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. If you don’t like that cleanser use the one you like, as long as it doesn’t foam bc foaming cleansers disrupt the skin barrier and cause dryness, and acne over time. After I cleanse, I pay dry gently and wait a little. I then apply Aveeno. People who have dermatitis get itchy with damp skin, sweat, or oils trapped. That’s why I pat dry and wait. If you don’t suffer these issues, then apply to damp skin which will lock in moisture. This lotion is also great for body. Pretty much any formula they have with oat flour is the secret to getting comfortable itch-free skin. I never break out in hives, itchiness, or anything anymore. I would say this and the baby formula are the best on the market. They are so soothing and moisturizing I love them.

Trust me when I say this. I never, i mean NEVER give any product a five-star rating. No matter how good it is, I would always feel that it is undeserving of that. However, this is the first product that I’ve deemed worthy of a full star rating. I have—had painful dry, cracked skin between my fingers to the point I had to visit a dermatologist. However, the doctor’s prescriptions only worked for a short while. My skin continued to be in its horrible condition after finishing the doc’s products. I had a bestfriend that wanted to hold my hand, but she was disgusted when she touched it and immediately let go. I was ashamed. No lotions could ever fix my dry skin. But this—This aveeno daily moisturizing lotion is a lifesaver and ultimately affordable. I will use it on my hands and body FOREVER. I mean, that’s what I’d do to keep my skin so smooth and softer than a baby’s butt.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is the only lotion I will use from now on. I love that Aveeno is scent-free and not greasy, as well as made with less chemicals than most drugstore brands. I have eczema-prone skin and this is the only lotion that is gentle and moisturizing enough to soothe my dry, itchy patches and even make them disappear! Whenever I switch to another lotion (e.g. when travelling or visiting my parents), my eczema inevitably comes back. Oatmeal is great for dry skin and I love that it is a primary ingredient in this lotion. To maximize its natural moisturizing power, I usually mix my Aveeno with a bit of water and almond oil before applying :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect for dry skin. Truly moisturizes 24-h

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This lotion leaves a very noticeable feeling on the skin. And it’s very sticky. I live in a hot and humid country and that could be why, but it’s also sticky in air-con environment. Quite unbearable for me. I see that some people don’t find it sticky, so it could be something that I’m doing differently.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

This moisturiser is good if you have dry skin around your whole body and face. This relieves some of your itchy bites and it does a really good job moisturising dry areas. But since I have oily skin this doesn’t really do much for my face, like it definitely did leave my skin feeling a bit soft and it'd hydrate my face but only a small amount and then it’d wear off. I don’t think this moisturiser does any help for my oily skin as it doesn’t help control the shine and grease on my T zone and cheeks. And also when you reach the end you’ll need to try and scrape the cream as the pump doesn’t work when it’s almost finish.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Have they changed the lotion recently. I have using this lotion for many years but I noticed a slight change in it. I may be imagining things. The texture is good but the smell has little fragrance which I don't like. Thanks very much.