Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

pros:
- softens skin
- no scent
- non-irritating

cons
- kind of pricey

I have used this lotion on and off for over 10 years. I use it all over, even for my face. In the dry winter months, it's the only moisturizer that keeps my skin from flaking. When I don't need as much moisture I will just spot treat my face with it, concentrating on dry areas. It is a wonderful makeup primer as well. The active ingredient is dimethicone, a silicone, which is what most primers are made of. I need a silicone based primer before ALL base makeup because it stops oxidization, which happens with almost every foundation, bb or cc cream I own. If I don't use a primer or this lotion, my face is orange. I keep a large pump bottle by my bed, a small tube at work, and one in my purse. This is truly an HG product for me.

I don't really like aveeno products but I bought this because it was 40% off in the cartwheel app. I ended up liking it a lot, I've been using it to moisturize my face before I apply my makeup and it glides on easily with one small pump. Every lotion I've tried leaves my face greasy but this dries quickly and keeps my face feeling soft, even when I wear makeup which is awesome.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Inexpensive, easy to procure - and it works.
Needed a large pump-top bottle of lotion for the office - and this is unscented (can smell a little like product - if that makes any sense) and this is fine for that.

No issues.

I like the fragrance free lotion but it leaves a plasticy smell and feels a little sticky. The smell does go off after a while. Good value for money though. Likely not going to repurchase it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i like this lotion because it moisturizes well, doesn't irritate sensitive skin (it's excellent for after shaving) and its scent, or rather lack of, is completely undetectable. i never have to worry about the 'smell' of this lotion clashing with any fragrance because it smells like absolutely nothing

Greasy sorbolene style moisturiser

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love Aveeno! Whenever my skin feels dry, I apply this and it instantly makes my skin soft again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One of my favourite everyday body lotions. I love the smell, its natural and the consistency is not thick or thin, it's easily absorbed into skin

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use to be a faithful Jergens user. I was talking to a male co-worker and I touched his arm. Clarification, nothing weird or anything, but during a conversation in front of the team, I ended up touched his arm. OH MY GOSH, for a man in his late 40s, his arms were so smooth and soft. I had to ask what he was using. Aveeno. I immediately switched to Aveeno and I have not been disappointed. The tops of my hand are so dry and this restored the moisture and they stay smooth and soft through the day. My legs are so soft that I cannot stop touching them. I started to put it on my face. My makeup glides on easily and I feel moist. Wow. Who would I thought I would have discovered this from a man? Regardless, I am thrilled.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really wanted to like this! It's so organic looking & the consistency is so nice & it smells like soothing oatmeal, but it never did anything for my eczema when I was a kid & it doesn't moisturize my skin for long. My skin looks dry after 15 mins!