Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

I've tried the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion myself because I have combination skin but I tent to have a bit more of a drier skin then oilier skin which is why I wanted to give it a try.

I love that the lotion is so affordable and that it's so easy to use. I mentioned all the information and my opinion about the product in the video above, or you'll find the video on the right side of the reviews :)

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I don't know what's in this stuff as there's nothing particularly exciting about the ingredients list but it's currently the only product i can rely on to help soothe my sensitive, easily irritated skin. i have a similar experience as the reviewer thats listed first when sorting by most helpful (jaychou101), except that instead of over treating acne i've been over treating redness that flares up.

some other popular products i've used to try to calm things down over the past few weeks: cosrx snail essence, benton aloe & propolis, la roche posay lipikar baum and lotion, eucerin baby eczema relief lotion, cerave baby moisturizing lotion, rosehip seed oil, trader joe's vitamin e oil, scinic honey all in one, etude house soon jung 5.5 relief toner, etc etc. sadly these appear to only inflame things more lately, so in realizing i may be overcomplicating things, i've paired my routine down to la roche posay gentle facial cleanser and then this aveeno lotion quickly after (and for now missha all around safe block sunscreen). the aveeno feels like it both sinks in but also partly sets on top so my skin feels bouncy and comfortable. it overall helps my facial skin calm down so it more closely matches my pale neck. for what it's worth, my skin is also prone to odd pimples and breaking out from products and this has not been an issue with the aveeno. i'm gonna keep up with this routine as using only this (rather than layering more advanced products asian-beauty style) is really helping. i'm grateful to have found something that works and wanted to share! i have repurchased several times over already.

(FWIW, the only other product i love for this is la roche posay cicaplast baume b5, but i sometimes worry it can break me out).

I discovered this a few years ago and have been using it ever since, mostly for my hands. I keep a pump bottle in the bathroom at home, another at my desk at work, a tube in my car and another in my travel bag. It’s great for smoothing the skin and cuticles. For me, it sinks right in and I like that it’s fragrance free. Sometimes scented hand lotions can be a bit much. Highly recommend!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A very cost effective and good body moisturizer. I cannot use this on my face but on dry areas anywhere lower than my neck this works well and relieves any dry or uncomfortable feeling. Particularly my legs which are very prone to flakiness. Many body moisturizers that I've used before, regardless of price have left a sticky or oily layer on the skin but this doesn't - it sinks straight in and that's what I love about it. I've even used it as a scalp moisturizer in combination with 'Brigeo Scalp Revival Charcoal shampoo' (a dime size amount directly to scalp after shampooing and towel drying hair) and it helps keep my scalp hydrated and less prone to itchiness. Any other lotion would be too heavy and end up getting stuck in my hair.
Also perfect as a hand cream during the summer months, perhaps not as rich as you might need though for winter.
All in all a good purchase!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

I like Aveeno but don’t love this. The lotion is so thick that it clogged up the pump and it leaves a sticky feeling on my body - today the lotion was pilling on my legs as it didn’t fully absorb in 4 hours! There are definitely better body moisturisers out there.

I have learned that after many years Aveeno has the best moisturizers. It clears up redness, acne, dryness, and any other things. The oatmeal flour is the secret ingredient if you suffer perioral dermatitis or seb. dermatitis. It’s also good for psoriasis and eczema. I also learned that silica is really good for those skin conditions as they are found in Vanicream Skin Cream. I just like Aveeno better bc it feels more moisturizing. This moisturizer and the Daily Baby one (the one that comes in a large squeeze bottle) are my two favorites. My skin is never red anymore and it feels so good. The way I use it is once a night or once in the morning after I cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. If you don’t like that cleanser use the one you like, as long as it doesn’t foam bc foaming cleansers disrupt the skin barrier and cause dryness, and acne over time. After I cleanse, I pay dry gently and wait a little. I then apply Aveeno. People who have dermatitis get itchy with damp skin, sweat, or oils trapped. That’s why I pat dry and wait. If you don’t suffer these issues, then apply to damp skin which will lock in moisture. This lotion is also great for body. Pretty much any formula they have with oat flour is the secret to getting comfortable itch-free skin. I never break out in hives, itchiness, or anything anymore. I would say this and the baby formula are the best on the market. They are so soothing and moisturizing I love them.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is the only lotion I will use from now on. I love that Aveeno is scent-free and not greasy, as well as made with less chemicals than most drugstore brands. I have eczema-prone skin and this is the only lotion that is gentle and moisturizing enough to soothe my dry, itchy patches and even make them disappear! Whenever I switch to another lotion (e.g. when travelling or visiting my parents), my eczema inevitably comes back. Oatmeal is great for dry skin and I love that it is a primary ingredient in this lotion. To maximize its natural moisturizing power, I usually mix my Aveeno with a bit of water and almond oil before applying :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect for dry skin. Truly moisturizes 24-h

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This lotion leaves a very noticeable feeling on the skin. And it’s very sticky. I live in a hot and humid country and that could be why, but it’s also sticky in air-con environment. Quite unbearable for me. I see that some people don’t find it sticky, so it could be something that I’m doing differently.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

This moisturiser is good if you have dry skin around your whole body and face. This relieves some of your itchy bites and it does a really good job moisturising dry areas. But since I have oily skin this doesn’t really do much for my face, like it definitely did leave my skin feeling a bit soft and it'd hydrate my face but only a small amount and then it’d wear off. I don’t think this moisturiser does any help for my oily skin as it doesn’t help control the shine and grease on my T zone and cheeks. And also when you reach the end you’ll need to try and scrape the cream as the pump doesn’t work when it’s almost finish.