Banana Boat Sport Dri-Blok Advanced AvoTriplex UVA/UVB Sunblock with SPF 30 [DISCONTINUED]

Banana Boat Sport Dri-Blok Advanced AvoTriplex UVA/UVB Sunblock with SPF 30  [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Avobenzone 2.50% , Homosalate 10.00% , Octisalate 5.00% , Octocrylene 2.00% , Oxybenzone 4.00% Ingredients Water , Silica , Caprylyl Glycol , Glyceryl Oleate Citrate , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Adipic Acid/Diethylene Glycol/Glycerin Crosspolyme , Acrylates/Vinyl Isodecanoate , Crosspolymer , Xanthan Gum , Retinyl Palmitate Vitamin A , Tocopheryl Acetate Vitamin E , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract Aloe Vera , Triethanolamine , Disodium EDTA , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate , Fragrance

on 8/1/2010 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good sunscreen in the hot summer time for my oily face. I ordered this online. It dries quickly to a matte finish and helps keep my oilies at bay, due to it being somewhat drying. I find that I have to apply it quickly or else it dries and starts to ball up. It does not leave a white cast and helps my makeup last longer. I do wear a lightweight serum under it to prevent it from drying out my skin too much, or else I can get flakes (just like I did with my Shiseido SPF 55 lotion). Every once in a while during application I have felt a slight stinging/warming sensation, so I took off a lippie. And I make sure to shake it well before using it, as it can separate. But overall I like this and would repurchase again.

I was gone to a theme park and I forgot to bring sunscreen (I know! Really bad) but luckily my friend had this with her (even though she's allergic to this caused by the aloe vera) well, so i thought. I guess this is ok since I didnt get a sunburn but I really hate the texture. Its clumpy and watery at the same time and when you apply it, theres some weird brown residue which I think is dirt and its like that all over the place. And it stings my eyes really bad even though I applied it quite far away from my face. Probably never going to buy unless I have to.

on 2/2/2010 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

true to its claim, banana boat sport dri-blok spf 30 is definitely one of the few sunscreens with amazing texture. it dries to a matte finish and not sticky at all to the touch, plus it has sufficient uva/uvb protection, too. i love it! will repurchase when i run out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use this on my body only and its great..The ingredients are stable so you do get your spf 30 and its not too greasy but light enough..and it protects well which is all you can ask from a sunscreen..love it

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When I first put it on my face I loved it because it was really really matte, but it made my skin so tight I could barely smile, and then it turned my face bright red. It contains something nasty that's for sure :(. When I washed it off my cheek skin started flaking off, not nice, will not buy again.

on 8/12/2009 4:57:00 PM

i wear SS every single day. i put it on right after i get out of the shower. THIS one i happened to stumble upon by accident. it was on clearance at the commissary one day and i thought ok why not. i had no idea how dri blok would change my life!
i cannot wear any other kind of sunscreen. it bugs me to no end because they are oily and smell funky. i love coconut too but im not too into the smell of sunscreen. i dunno why i used to love it as a kid. this stuff only smells for aout 5 minutes. after that you can smell my lotion underneath just fine. or perfume on top with no problem. the powder dry finish is amazing. i dont even notice i have it on and neither does anyone else. i hang out with all guys and they are always pointing out how smooth my skin is this stuff actually makes my skin smoother. its ridiculous but amazing.
i HATE that i cannot find it anywhere. another review said its at wal mart but i am morally against shopping at wal mart. i do find it online for like $8 which is a lot after you add shipping so its like $12 but sometimes theyre on sale.
HOWEVER, the best day of my whole summer, i went to the 99 Cents Only store(san diego) and found half a shelf full of them. i bought them ALL. i now have 8 of them in my medicine cabinet. they expire next summer, but i've been through 1 and half so im sure i will use them before they expire. they also have the kids ones but i dotn like the really weird smell.
but yeah. i will pay whatever, and someday may actually go to wal mart to buy this because i love it that much. i tell everyone i know about it when i see what sunscreen they use.
i figure im gonna one day have to switch to the neutrogena dry block if they really do discontinue this one.
or pay the small forture for DDF sunscreen which is amazing, but i cannot afford at the rate i go through SS.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have oily, acne-prone skin and have previously been on two prescription products (Duac and TretinX .05%) to clear it up. My skin is very sun sensitive and has some acne scarring which is healing and fading.

I have tried at least four different sunscreens on my face during this time and Banana Boat Dri-Blok Sport SPF 30 has TRUMPED Hawaiian Tropic Oil Free Sensitive Skin SPF 50 to become my HG facial sunscreen!

Application is the KEY to this SS. Dri-Blok Sport has a unique consistency that feels light and almost gel like. When you apply it, you must work in small areas (i.e. cheek, then move on to chin, etc.) and rub it in gently, letting the rest soak into your skin. If you rub it in vigorously like oilier sunscreens (ex. HT Oil Free Sensitive Skin), it will start to ball up and flake off. However, I never have a problem with it flaking if I don't rub too much (both during SS & makeup application).

It has a slight white cast when you initially put it on your skin, which completely disappears in a minute or two. After it has dried, it leaves your face baby soft and feeling as though you're wearing makeup primer. In fact, this SS really helps my foundation stay matte and last! Best of all, Dri-Blok Sport sinks into my skin and leaves a smooth face that is free of oil all day!

Banana Boat Dri-Blok is IDEAL for oily skin. It is super mattifying like Shisedo & Sofina. Unlike the nightmare I had with Sofina last fall, Dri-Blok has never clogged my pores. If my skin is feeling extra sensitive, it might sting for just a moment upon application, but it quickly fades away. Dri-Blok stands up to all day sun exposure (high PPD and is photo stable).

PSA: For those who were having trouble finding it, BB Dri-Blok is now available at Wal-Mart.

I purchased it a few nights ago. There was a large display at the front of the store of just the Banana Boat Dri-Blok kids version. However, there was another display of both kinds (Sport & Kids) in the general SS section at Wal-Mart.

The best part is, I picked up a back-up of my HG SS for $5! :-D Run, don't walk, to pick up this PRICELESS sunscreen!

My DH works outdoors all year round, and he has tried a ton of sunscreens. This is his favorite. sinks in very quick, no stickyness!
Very good coverage. My only complaint about this is that it is VERY hard to find!

on 5/29/2009 12:17:00 PM

Another example of YMMV...on me this stung like a mofo and completely balled up...I tried multiple times to use this and ended up washing it off each time. I don't have particularly sensitive skin so not sure what it was about this but I'm sticking to my beloved Eucerin SPF 30 that has never let me down.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

just used this 4 1st time today, so we'll see. but wanted to state i got my 2for1 bottles on amazon.com cuz i know its disappearing as well. :(
UPDATE!!!! horrible on my face. i have tried twie and break out in the grossest pimples ever. darn shame. still lookin 4 sumthin to wear.