Sephora Brush Shampoo

Brush Shampoo

4.6

on 10/2/2016 9:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Never used a brush shampoo before, I've always used a gentle face wash to wash my makeup brushes. Now that I have tried this I'll stick with it. It cleans my makeup brushes quite well, doesn't seem to leave any sort of film or scent and doesn't alter the bristles in any way. I wish it foamed a little, it doesn't seem to at all but that's my only complaint. Would repurchase.

on 8/15/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This brush shampoo is pretty good. I use it about once a week. It is pretty gentle on my brushes. It removes most of the make up in my brushes pretty quickly. It is a clear and non-scented gel. It's great because it's also anti bacterial. I don't lose a lot of bristles. However it does have a few cons too. It has a hard time removing dried liquid foundation. The packaging also sucks. It is a black bottle which makes it hard to see how much product you have left. It is also difficult to use the pump. Only a small amount of product comes out at a time, and you have to pump it quite a few times for enough, especially if it's for a larger face brush. The price isn't bad, but you are definitely getting more for your money if you buy the 6.75 oz bottle as opposed to the the 2 oz bottle. The larger bottle is fifteen dollars and the smaller one is seven. I would buy it again because I feel it does a good job cleaning my brushes.

To Read all 27 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/9/2013 3:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Great product. After purchasing Sephora brushes, I wanted to make sure I took care of my investment properly. From cleaning watercolor/acrylic paintbrushes in the past, I know that the wrong kind of soap can ruin them. That's why I tried Sephora's brush shampoo.

It is very gentle, cleanses with some suds and gets most of the make-up off. I say "most" because the formula doesn't completely clean off long-lasting foundation from the brushes (like Revlon Colorstay). That's okay, because it does a good job getting facial oils and built up powder/shadow/blush residue off. If this could get EVERYTHING off, then I would give it 5 lippies, but I understand that the soap has to be gentle enough to the brushes, all things considered.

Overall, my brushes are left fluffy and clean - and best of all, very few if no hairs come out during the process!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this brush cleaner! After using dishwashing liquid and oil and damaging my brushes I finally found my HG! This is anti-bacterial as well and cleans my brushes super fast. It lathers decently enough to clean the brushes and it ALSO leaves them super soft! I washed one of my brushes for the first time with this cleanser and it left it softer than when I bought it. I would absolutely recommend this shampoo. I usually use 1 pump for an eye brush and 2 for a larger, face brush.

EDIT: I lowered this to 4 stars because I find it hard to get off liquid foundation.

This is the best brush cleaner! It is perfect: anti-bacterial; super affordable; cleans thoroughly; quick to use; AND will last a long time. I used it on my foundation brush (a brush that's one of the hardest to clean out of all other brushes) and it stripped the make up right off! Also, I only had to use a pea-sized amount and massage the bristles for 10-15 secs, then rinse. Done.

This is the only brush shampoo that I've ever owned. It does everything that I'd expect - cleaning my big flat-tops soaked with liquid foundation. It quickly cleans the synthetic fibers without harming them. No offensive smell, reasonable price.

The 2 oz. version with a pump requires lots of muscle to dispense product. Great for travel, as its unlikely to soak your stuff.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This brush cleaner cleanses well. It doesn't seem to strip brushes from their natural oils. It cleans pretty well. I have to wash my eye liner brushes twice to get them fully clean. I don't really like the spray packaging. I find I have to use a lot of pumps to get the brushes clean.

on 8/25/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this! I wash my brushes after every use to prevent acne, and have a very hard time getting them clean. This is the only brush cleaner I've used that works on taklon bristle face brushes removing all traces of makeup and oil. The pump is very user friendly, allowing you to dab on a tiny amount on the end of a brush and lather up. Will definitely repurchase.

on 6/15/2010 3:47:00 PM

I have to say, I love this brush cleaner. I normally use Johnson's baby shampoo and dab my brushes in a little of that and sponge/rinse it off. But this is the quicker alternative, and I have no complaints about it. It dries quickly, lasts forever, and doesn't smell or feel offensive. Some brush cleaners are way too oily for my tastes, but this one is not. The price can't really be beat as far as brush cleaners go, since you can't find a drugstore alternative to something like this.

on 6/2/2010 12:40:00 AM

I love this product. It cleans perfectly my brushes, as good as new. The only downside = the price. 18$ (CAN). BUT I am a little cheap, and it does last a long time. So I suppose it is worth it!

Popular Makeup Brushes