Maybelline ExpertWear Eyeshadow Quad in Chai Latte

Maybelline ExpertWear Eyeshadow Quad in Chai Latte

4.2

Talc, PTFE, Magnesium Stearate, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Boron Nitride, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Polyethyle

If you wanna good pigmentation better apply with your fingers. Good selection of neutrals if you wanna do a look in the go.

on 10/17/2016 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This eyeshadow quad is a great everyday neutral. It leans a bit warmer, but it doesn't clash with my cool-toned skin; I also don't use the bronzy shade. I put it on in the morning and it's still there when I wash my face at night. It doesn't fade or crease, and I don't use primer, just concealer and powder. The reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 is because it's a little more shimmery than I prefer, but the crease color is matte, which balances it out. Overall, this is a great palette.

To Read all 179 Reviews, Login or Join

I've only recently gotten into eye shadow, and this was one of my first purchases. Can't say I'm too impressed with it.
Price was good, I think around $6, packaging is average. I don't think the colours are the most flattering on my skin, and the crease colour doesn't really show up at all. I applied them with my own brushes, and it looked pretty good at first. I find it doesn't last very well. I haven't tried it with an eye primer, which would probably make a difference, but after two or three hours it looks pretty faded away, and I don't have oily lids.
I don't think I would buy the regular Maybelline eye shadows again, if I buy any more I will get the Color Tattoo ones, which I hear are much better.

I am impressed! I'll admit it's not anything super special but it just works so well for me! The colors and tones are warm and it's really easy for beginners, although I have been using it for years and although I have tried plenty of others I keep coming back to this one for everyday use :)

on 1/13/2015 10:39:00 AM

Love this! I bought this to do a smoky brown eye for a wedding. It was perfect. I used all four. I often use the top golden brown color with a brown eyeliner for day to day wear. I get complimented on it all the time. I also use the color intended for the crease alone too. The liner color didn't really impress me. I was hoping for a deeper brown. Didn't apply as pigmented as the others. That is my only complaint. Please use a brush when applying. Goes on much nicer. Stays on all day as well. I plan on purchasing other quad colors from Maybelline now. Price is low and results are great.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore this! It was hard to find when I was looking for it a few months ago, I had to go to 3 diff stores coz it was sold out. I ended up using it quite a bit, one of my fave Maybelline products which I have "graduated" not quite sure that's the right word but I evolved my collection to using more urban decay eyeshadows, but it will always hold a useful place in my collection. I just personally (myself) prefer the UD Nakeds franchise but I would rebuy this in a heartbeat. It's such a neat little quad! A little DS gem. (Nothing against Maybelline). This quad is fun & looks good with everything. Such a gr8 quad do I dare say my fave DS quad. Maybelline did a really gr8 job on this. I love finding gr8 DS makeup.

on 12/30/2014 5:16:00 PM

I love it!!! I mean sure, the texture of these Eyeshadows are not as buttery and smooth or have the best texture as some of the high end brands like Urban Decay and Mac but these are great for drugstore! I recommend using a good primer under these and some good brushes to apply the colors. The lid color is a gorgeous bronze goldy shade and a matte crease which is great. I use it as a transition shade too. Then the liner color is a chocolate dark brown and I love lining my upper and lower lash line with it. Overall I love this palette and I love how it complements my brown eyes :)

Maybelline eyeshadows are pretty decent! I have this and other colors too. Pigmentation is ok, but when I use urban decay eyelid primer first, these cheap eyeshadows are so well pigmented and last all day. I'm saying this in all honesty, I usually pick these shadows over my urban decay naked (1,2, and basics) or urban decay face cases as long as I use the urban primer. It makes all the difference and I don't feel guilty if I use these every day. Without a primer, pigmentation and lasting color on lids for me is 3-5 hrs.

on 10/13/2014 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I normally avoid Maybelline’s quads and Covergirl’s because they lack pigment. I purchased this because Youtubers mentioned it was a nicely pigmented pallet for the price. After thinking long on it I bought it.
It’s pretty with copper and browns and a taupe. The pigment is just okay, nothing to write home about. I wouldn’t purchase this again and probably will avoid these quads & pallets again. I only buy WNW, Milani, Jordana, and some LA Girls palettes still because for the price they are pigmented.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Base shade- Not a fan of this shade. Does not have a nice texture. Not very pigmented. I have used it on my brow but I do not like the color or slight sheen it leaves there. I have also used it on the inner third of the lid and then the bronze lid shade on the outer two thirds.

Lid shade- Golden bronze shimmer. Very soft shadow, very pigmented.
I usually use this shade as a crease shade or very as a very light sheer layer on the lid.
Beautiful shade but I just do not like how bronze shades look on my skin :(
Better to build it by patting it on and then lightly blend with brush.

Crease shade- My favorite of the palette. I love the crease shade. It is like a muted light to medium ash brown, taupe-y shade.
Very buildable. I love this shade for everyday. I have used it alone all over the lid. Alone in the crease. Or with a light shade on the lid and this in the crease.

Dark liner shade-Deep chocolate brown with light shimmer. The dark shade is great as a liner, even better when used wet. I also like to use it to create a nice smokey eye. Either in the crease or outer V.

NOTE: the dark brown liner shade is very similar to the chocolate brown shade in the Smashbox full exposure large and travel palette.