Bare Escentuals Prime Time

Bare Escentuals Prime Time
No Title

3.6

cyclopentalisoxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, silica, magnesium silicate, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), tocopherol (vitamin E),, pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), aloe barbadensis leaf extract, chamomilla recutita flower extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) extract

leaves your skin feeling like silk and your makeup just glides on. amazing

on 8/10/2016 11:23:00 PM

I've always been a fan of bare minerals. I got this primer in the start up kit. I have combination skin, and some areas of large pores. This primer works for me. Its setting time is rather longer than I would like, but it feels silky smooth. It glides on like butter. A little goes a long way with this as you don't need much. I find if I go without this primer, you can see every little crease in my face. And pore. When I use it, there is a noticeable improvement. It makes my makeup look much more air brushed and polished.

To Read all 426 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/14/2016 11:45:00 AM

This was a disaster for me. I tried this primer last fall, and within a day or two of using it for the first time, I counted eight — 8 — big cystic breakouts on my chin, jaw, cheeks, around my nose — my whole face hurt! I had made no other changes in my makeup or skincare routine, and it wasn't timed right for the monthly hormonal breakout either (which is never as bad as this anyway, usually 2-4 minor to medium bumps). My skin hadn't done anything like that since a decade ago when I had undiagnosed and untreated rosacea for years. I stopped using the primer, of course, and once the cysts had run their course, my skin settled down to normal like nothing had happened.

I can't really explain the reaction, but it seems more than likely that the primer was the culprit. I see it contains cyclopentasiloxane and dimethicone as major ingredients, but those don't necessarily break me out in other products, definitely not the dimethicone. Maybe it's the sum total of silicones that's too much for my sensitive, fussy skin. This is only the second primer I've used - the other was Yves Rocher's rose-scented one, which does seem to break me out, but on a much smaller scale. (I don't have an ingredient list for the YR primer, but it does feel silicone'y. That one makes my skin itch and prickle a bit, too, which may be caused by any ingredient I don't know about, of course.)

Long story short, this experience has pretty much scared me off primers. I have acne scars and rosacea redness and loved the idea of smoothing the canvas a bit (and I did like the cosmetic effect of it) — but no way is it worth it to me to risk setting off something like that again.

on 1/20/2016 7:23:00 PM

I got a sample of this from sephora and I don't like it at all. It doesn't help my makeup, it doesn't last long, it's an odd color, and it's runny. It does have a pump though so I guess that's a plus.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

At first I felt in love with this product. Minimal ingredients, fragrance-free, and doesnt break me out. However, at the middle of the day I am in horror when I found out that it makes my pores look drastically bigger. It makes my pores looks noticable in a very ugly way. No. Just no. I would rather slather on foundation with no primer at all than using this.

on 4/28/2015 3:38:00 AM

This primer has a thin consistency which doesn't seem to do anything or last on the skin. I have thebalm Honey Face and Body primer, and it has a better consistency and is well rated on Paula's Choice.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Breaks me out horrendously!!

I have very oily skin and am blemish prone, not acne but uneven skin tone and many little spots/ probably one big one a week.

Have borrowed this product off friends so many times and I absolutely LOVE how it looks, it works miracles to be honest, but without fail, every time I use it I get at least two/ three painful red spots the day after, even by the afternoon sometimes :(((

BUT! Bear in mind when reading my review that I have a terrible history with primers - they literally all break me out so badly!!! Why is this?! The only one that hasn't broken me out is a smashbox luminizing primer - might have to look up/ compare the ingredients I guess.

Anyway good luck girls!!

Pros:
- smooth base (feels like benefit's professional but more watery?)
- helps control oil for probably 6-7 hours
- comes with a pump

Cons:
- pump occasionally squirts too much out (not much control)
- (edit) it feels a tad greasy and doesn't really dry matte fast
- may or may not be breaking me out.... (will update again)

UPDATE: okay I realised this primer was breaking me out. my face was smooth and clear with probably 1-2 bumps, but in less than 10 hours since application, I've gotten 8 whiteheads which are red. this is crazy!! I used the sample before and maybe once or twice the original bottle and it was average, but I have no idea why this is breaking me out now?! maybe it was because I had so many spots on my face before that I didn't think of attributing the spots to this =_= well........ I definitely won't be repurchasing this then.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this without knowing that it is meant for oily skin with large pores. I have dry skin with little pores. With my skin, it looked gray and clumpy and it settled into my worry lines where it clumped up there.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this product in a bare minerals get started kit and it quickly has become my favorite primer to use with any foundation! I have dry skin and like to use matte full coverage foundations and this product keeps my foundation from clinging to dry patches or getting cakey. I've tried tons of primers from drugstore and high end and this is the only one that extends the wear of my foundation and makes my skin look good as well! I will repurchase this over and over again :)