Bare Escentuals Prime Time

Bare Escentuals Prime Time
No Title

3.6

cyclopentalisoxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, silica, magnesium silicate, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), tocopherol (vitamin E),, pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), aloe barbadensis leaf extract, chamomilla recutita flower extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) extract

on 11/25/2016 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really love this primer. The texture is a smooth and silky clear silicone base. I have been wearing bare minerals original powder foundation, and this is the best primer to wear under that. I have used this product under many different base products and it's great under all of them, from bb creams to powders. It makes my makeup last longer, helps my makeup apply better, and helps a lot with oil control. My skin has never broken out from this, or anything bare minerals. It is on the pricier side but it's totally worth it to me. The pump stops dispensing product when it gets toward the end of the bottle, that's the only negative for me.

Let me start off by saying I have tried literally almost every primer there is to try. High end & low end, you name it. I have found some primers that were ok but never truly left me satisfied with all my needs like this primer has ! I've been wanting a primer that would work with my oily skin, blur my pores without clogging them, & not break me out. This primer is it!! What is pretty funny is that I have seen people rave about this primer a lot but I really tried to avoid testing this primer because it is one of those silicone ones and every other silicon primer I have tried, i hate! They make me either oily, greasy, or uncomfortable. But THIS. This is silicone BUT SMOOTHING & PERFECTING!! I cannot say enough. For only $25, you cannot beat this.

Feels exactly like smashbox, love it, so silky and makeup goes on like velvet.

on 8/10/2016 11:23:00 PM

I've always been a fan of bare minerals. I got this primer in the start up kit. I have combination skin, and some areas of large pores. This primer works for me. Its setting time is rather longer than I would like, but it feels silky smooth. It glides on like butter. A little goes a long way with this as you don't need much. I find if I go without this primer, you can see every little crease in my face. And pore. When I use it, there is a noticeable improvement. It makes my makeup look much more air brushed and polished.

on 4/14/2016 11:45:00 AM

This was a disaster for me. I tried this primer last fall, and within a day or two of using it for the first time, I counted eight — 8 — big cystic breakouts on my chin, jaw, cheeks, around my nose — my whole face hurt! I had made no other changes in my makeup or skincare routine, and it wasn't timed right for the monthly hormonal breakout either (which is never as bad as this anyway, usually 2-4 minor to medium bumps). My skin hadn't done anything like that since a decade ago when I had undiagnosed and untreated rosacea for years. I stopped using the primer, of course, and once the cysts had run their course, my skin settled down to normal like nothing had happened.

I can't really explain the reaction, but it seems more than likely that the primer was the culprit. I see it contains cyclopentasiloxane and dimethicone as major ingredients, but those don't necessarily break me out in other products, definitely not the dimethicone. Maybe it's the sum total of silicones that's too much for my sensitive, fussy skin. This is only the second primer I've used - the other was Yves Rocher's rose-scented one, which does seem to break me out, but on a much smaller scale. (I don't have an ingredient list for the YR primer, but it does feel silicone'y. That one makes my skin itch and prickle a bit, too, which may be caused by any ingredient I don't know about, of course.)

Long story short, this experience has pretty much scared me off primers. I have acne scars and rosacea redness and loved the idea of smoothing the canvas a bit (and I did like the cosmetic effect of it) — but no way is it worth it to me to risk setting off something like that again.

on 1/20/2016 7:23:00 PM

I got a sample of this from sephora and I don't like it at all. It doesn't help my makeup, it doesn't last long, it's an odd color, and it's runny. It does have a pump though so I guess that's a plus.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

At first I felt in love with this product. Minimal ingredients, fragrance-free, and doesnt break me out. However, at the middle of the day I am in horror when I found out that it makes my pores look drastically bigger. It makes my pores looks noticable in a very ugly way. No. Just no. I would rather slather on foundation with no primer at all than using this.

on 4/28/2015 3:38:00 AM

This primer has a thin consistency which doesn't seem to do anything or last on the skin. I have thebalm Honey Face and Body primer, and it has a better consistency and is well rated on Paula's Choice.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Breaks me out horrendously!!

I have very oily skin and am blemish prone, not acne but uneven skin tone and many little spots/ probably one big one a week.

Have borrowed this product off friends so many times and I absolutely LOVE how it looks, it works miracles to be honest, but without fail, every time I use it I get at least two/ three painful red spots the day after, even by the afternoon sometimes :(((

BUT! Bear in mind when reading my review that I have a terrible history with primers - they literally all break me out so badly!!! Why is this?! The only one that hasn't broken me out is a smashbox luminizing primer - might have to look up/ compare the ingredients I guess.

Anyway good luck girls!!

Pros:
- smooth base (feels like benefit's professional but more watery?)
- helps control oil for probably 6-7 hours
- comes with a pump

Cons:
- pump occasionally squirts too much out (not much control)
- (edit) it feels a tad greasy and doesn't really dry matte fast
- may or may not be breaking me out.... (will update again)

UPDATE: okay I realised this primer was breaking me out. my face was smooth and clear with probably 1-2 bumps, but in less than 10 hours since application, I've gotten 8 whiteheads which are red. this is crazy!! I used the sample before and maybe once or twice the original bottle and it was average, but I have no idea why this is breaking me out now?! maybe it was because I had so many spots on my face before that I didn't think of attributing the spots to this =_= well........ I definitely won't be repurchasing this then.