3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 months ago

I love this primer underneath my Clinique Beyond Perfecting foundation. I’m in my late 40s, I have dry, aging skin with some fine lines & enlarged pores. This makes my makeup glide on & I only need a small amount of foundation for my entire face. It also makes my foundation last all day: 12 hours. I also really like that it doesn’t make my skin feel dry or tight. I’ll definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

EyesHazel

a year ago

This is a great primer! If I need my foundation to last a very long time, this is what I reach for. It's silicone based and a slightly tacky clear. I love the pump and there's a generous amount of product in the bottle. I haven't had any problems with breakouts and it seems to smooth out any fine lines. I've actually used this with several different foundations, all liquid based. It reminds me of Smashbox Photofinish but I think this has a slight edge over that one. I would repurchase but I'm curious to try a few more budget friendly options, such as NYX Angel Veil. If I'm disappointed I will come back to this.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

2.0

2 years ago

I’ve tried this primer for a week and it’s a miss for me. I gave it 2 lippies because it does create a smooth feeling canvas for makeup and it didn’t cause me to break out. The smooth canvas is great for initial application and I did like how my makeup looked when done (even though my pores were still visible); however, by mid day the foundation started to slide around my face. I could literally finger swipe and move the foundation around. My pores were very obvious and makeup started to crease in my smile lines (and I never even knew I had smile lines). I definitely think there are better primers on the market than this. I can’t say I would recommend.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

3.0

2 years ago

I have receive this primer in Original formula as deluxe samples and GWP. It reminds me a lot of smashbox original primer. No special gimmicks with this product. Applies nicely. Fills in pores, not as well as benefit porefessional, but allow makeup not to settle in my deeper pores. I have only use this with liquid and creme foundations and works well. My makeup will last the work day. I like the hygienic pump, but also hate that about 25% remains in the bottle when the pump starts to act up. Then I'm scraping the product out with a q-tip. I probable will not repurchase, but if I get another GWP or sample I will gladly use it up. For now I'm still stuck on my Smashbox primer or Benefit porefessional.

About reviewer (654 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

3 years ago

This last and lasts and lasts... I had this with colour and a little bit of hightlighter... It's very soft, it leaves your skin feeling like a baby. However, I don't think that it grabed or made the foundation stay in place all day.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

3 years ago

I used this in light all last spring and put it away and forget it when I got a little tan over the summer. It was too light so I put it away in the cabinet. I recently re-discovered it!! It's perfect for light, "no-makeup" days. It's pigmented enough so that it evens out my skin and makes me look more polished. It's also wonderful underneath foundation and powder. It glides over the skin like a dream. I have no had a problem with incompatibility with other products with the pilling up of the product on the skin. I'm definitely switching to medium this summer. I will not forget about this primer again!! I took a star off for packaging, because the pump doesn't go all the way to the bottom. A good bit of product remains and needs to be scooped out with something. I use the end of a comb.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Goes on smooth and makes skin feel silky. Good for sensitive skin. Makeup sits nicely on top of it, but in my experience, it doesn't control oil throughout the day. My biggest complaint is that the pump leaves a lot of extra product at the bottom of the bottle. I have to swish the pump around in order to pull up the product I need once I get to the end.

About reviewer (102 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I really love this primer. The texture is a smooth and silky clear silicone base. I have been wearing bare minerals original powder foundation, and this is the best primer to wear under that. I have used this product under many different base products and it's great under all of them, from bb creams to powders. It makes my makeup last longer, helps my makeup apply better, and helps a lot with oil control. My skin has never broken out from this, or anything bare minerals. It is on the pricier side but it's totally worth it to me. The pump stops dispensing product when it gets toward the end of the bottle, that's the only negative for me.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Let me start off by saying I have tried literally almost every primer there is to try. High end & low end, you name it. I have found some primers that were ok but never truly left me satisfied with all my needs like this primer has ! I've been wanting a primer that would work with my oily skin, blur my pores without clogging them, & not break me out. This primer is it!! What is pretty funny is that I have seen people rave about this primer a lot but I really tried to avoid testing this primer because it is one of those silicone ones and every other silicon primer I have tried, i hate! They make me either oily, greasy, or uncomfortable. But THIS. This is silicone BUT SMOOTHING & PERFECTING!! I cannot say enough. For only $25, you cannot beat this.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Feels exactly like smashbox, love it, so silky and makeup goes on like velvet.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age19-24