Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Prime Time

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Prime Time
No Title

3.6

cyclopentalisoxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, silica, magnesium silicate, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), tocopherol (vitamin E),, pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), aloe barbadensis leaf extract, chamomilla recutita flower extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) extract

on 11/16/2017 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have receive this primer in Original formula as deluxe samples and GWP. It reminds me a lot of smashbox original primer. No special gimmicks with this product. Applies nicely. Fills in pores, not as well as benefit porefessional, but allow makeup not to settle in my deeper pores. I have only use this with liquid and creme foundations and works well. My makeup will last the work day. I like the hygienic pump, but also hate that about 25% remains in the bottle when the pump starts to act up. Then I'm scraping the product out with a q-tip. I probable will not repurchase, but if I get another GWP or sample I will gladly use it up. For now I'm still stuck on my Smashbox primer or Benefit porefessional.

This last and lasts and lasts... I had this with colour and a little bit of hightlighter...
It's very soft, it leaves your skin feeling like a baby. However, I don't think that it grabed or made the foundation stay in place all day.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this in light all last spring and put it away and forget it when I got a little tan over the summer. It was too light so I put it away in the cabinet. I recently re-discovered it!! It's perfect for light, "no-makeup" days. It's pigmented enough so that it evens out my skin and makes me look more polished. It's also wonderful underneath foundation and powder. It glides over the skin like a dream. I have no had a problem with incompatibility with other products with the pilling up of the product on the skin. I'm definitely switching to medium this summer. I will not forget about this primer again!! I took a star off for packaging, because the pump doesn't go all the way to the bottom. A good bit of product remains and needs to be scooped out with something. I use the end of a comb.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Goes on smooth and makes skin feel silky. Good for sensitive skin. Makeup sits nicely on top of it, but in my experience, it doesn't control oil throughout the day. My biggest complaint is that the pump leaves a lot of extra product at the bottom of the bottle. I have to swish the pump around in order to pull up the product I need once I get to the end.

Let me start off by saying I have tried literally almost every primer there is to try. High end & low end, you name it. I have found some primers that were ok but never truly left me satisfied with all my needs like this primer has ! I've been wanting a primer that would work with my oily skin, blur my pores without clogging them, & not break me out. This primer is it!! What is pretty funny is that I have seen people rave about this primer a lot but I really tried to avoid testing this primer because it is one of those silicone ones and every other silicon primer I have tried, i hate! They make me either oily, greasy, or uncomfortable. But THIS. This is silicone BUT SMOOTHING & PERFECTING!! I cannot say enough. For only $25, you cannot beat this.

on 11/25/2016 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really love this primer. The texture is a smooth and silky clear silicone base. I have been wearing bare minerals original powder foundation, and this is the best primer to wear under that. I have used this product under many different base products and it's great under all of them, from bb creams to powders. It makes my makeup last longer, helps my makeup apply better, and helps a lot with oil control. My skin has never broken out from this, or anything bare minerals. It is on the pricier side but it's totally worth it to me. The pump stops dispensing product when it gets toward the end of the bottle, that's the only negative for me.

on 4/14/2016 11:45:00 AM

This was a disaster for me. I tried this primer last fall, and within a day or two of using it for the first time, I counted eight — 8 — big cystic breakouts on my chin, jaw, cheeks, around my nose — my whole face hurt! I had made no other changes in my makeup or skincare routine, and it wasn't timed right for the monthly hormonal breakout either (which is never as bad as this anyway, usually 2-4 minor to medium bumps). My skin hadn't done anything like that since a decade ago when I had undiagnosed and untreated rosacea for years. I stopped using the primer, of course, and once the cysts had run their course, my skin settled down to normal like nothing had happened.

I can't really explain the reaction, but it seems more than likely that the primer was the culprit. I see it contains cyclopentasiloxane and dimethicone as major ingredients, but those don't necessarily break me out in other products, definitely not the dimethicone. Maybe it's the sum total of silicones that's too much for my sensitive, fussy skin. This is only the second primer I've used - the other was Yves Rocher's rose-scented one, which does seem to break me out, but on a much smaller scale. (I don't have an ingredient list for the YR primer, but it does feel silicone'y. That one makes my skin itch and prickle a bit, too, which may be caused by any ingredient I don't know about, of course.)

Long story short, this experience has pretty much scared me off primers. I have acne scars and rosacea redness and loved the idea of smoothing the canvas a bit (and I did like the cosmetic effect of it) — but no way is it worth it to me to risk setting off something like that again.

on 1/20/2016 7:23:00 PM

I got a sample of this from sephora and I don't like it at all. It doesn't help my makeup, it doesn't last long, it's an odd color, and it's runny. It does have a pump though so I guess that's a plus.

Feels exactly like smashbox, love it, so silky and makeup goes on like velvet.

on 8/10/2016 11:23:00 PM

I've always been a fan of bare minerals. I got this primer in the start up kit. I have combination skin, and some areas of large pores. This primer works for me. Its setting time is rather longer than I would like, but it feels silky smooth. It glides on like butter. A little goes a long way with this as you don't need much. I find if I go without this primer, you can see every little crease in my face. And pore. When I use it, there is a noticeable improvement. It makes my makeup look much more air brushed and polished.