Palmolive Pure Cashmere Intense Hydration Shower Cream

Palmolive Pure Cashmere Intense Hydration Shower Cream

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Lovely product. This shower cream lathers well, smells great and it really does help make my skin soft. While it doesn't live up to the promise of no moisturisation needed after showering i wasn't expecting that either. I have VERY dry skin and it is definetly best if i still use some bodylotion after, BUT even though it doesn't make my skin as soft as when i use bodylotion it definetly leaves my skin feeling comfortable. With other soaps i often had the feeling afterwards that i might burst out of my skin because it felt so tight, especially my legs. While my skin is still a bit dryish to the touch, i definetly feel good "in" my skin, if that makes sense. I also can use a lightweight moisturizer and be good, whereas with other soaps i often have to reach for thick and heavy body butters.

will definetly repurchase and can definetly recommend this product. it is cheap and works very well, even better than most lof the high end "miracle" soaps and shower creams for dry skin. great bang for your buck.

on 5/20/2009 4:36:00 AM

Very nice shower gel. I also own a soap in the same line. Both are great for dry skin. Smells great, feels really smooth and leaves skin soft. I can't come up with anything bad about this. I do prefer shower creams to gels, but that is just personal - has nothing to do with the product.

Edit: Will not buy this product again because Palmolive tests on animals. I will make sure not to support them with another cent!!! It is just really unnecessary and cruel!!!!

on 12/13/2008 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well this one is really good; maybe the best shower gel I've ever tried. Very relaxing, smells divine, gives some luxurious lather and leaves skin nice and soft. I've only purchased this a couple of times because I like to try a different scent each time when it comes to bath products, but this is one of the very few that I would definitely recommend and buy again.

on 7/2/2008 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This is for the Palmolive Pure Cashmere Bar Soap. It is wonderfully rich and creamy, yet cleans my skin effectively. The smell is great for year round (not too rich and warm, yet doesn't smell like detergent) and provides just the right amount of moisture. Doesn't leave a residue, easily rinses off and leaves my skin lightly moisturised and comfy. The bar lasts for a long time and it's so very cheap. I'd love to try the shower cream, too!

This is a nice shower cream. It smells lovely, lathers well, all of that. However, for me, it really didn't achieve much in terms of moisturisation. This was a major disappointment because all the promotional material regarding it assured there would be no need to moisturize after using it, that my skin would feel like cashmere, etc. etc. and these were the reasons I decided to seek it out. And while my skin felt better than if I had used regular soap, I find this is the case with all shower creams/gels/whatever, and so it didn't really achieve anything special in my opinion.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Luxury on a budget? Yes, it's possible! When Palmolive launched their new Pure Cashmere range, I was skeptical. I'd heard it all before: shower products that promise intense hydration and moisturize so well that you can forego lotion afterwards. I would never have believed it possible if I hadn't swallowed my pride and picked up a 200 ml trial-sized bottle of this product at the drugstore. I'm a L'Occitane girl on the best of days (I absolutely adore all their shower products!). But due to bouts of reckless splurging and far too many I-just-got-to-have-that-and-that-and-that days, I often find myself a little short on the cash front. Grumpily browsing through my local Priceline looking for something to tide me over until my cash supply was renewed, I spotted the Palmolive Pure Cashmere and decided to give it a go. Heck, it was only 2 AUD anyway! Using it in the shower, I was thrilled at how generously this product lathered, rinsing off to leave skin feeling(surprisingly!) like cashmere. Plus points for the fact that this shower cream is SLS free! The scent is a pleasant subtle floral, as soothing and caressing as the luscious pearlized liquid. Lathering up in this is pure heaven. And yes yes yes, you absolutely CAN skip moisturizing afterwards as this product releases a special moisturizing formula that binds to lock moisture into skin. It contains extract of pure cashmere (how on earth did they do that?) and it really does leave your skin feeling baby soft and smooth. So ladies, do get off your high horse if you usually sneer at drugstore brand products. Take it from a bath-and-body prima donna, this one is most definitely a winner!