Freeman Facial Enzyme Mask Pineapple

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water/Aqua/Eau, Polyethylene, Glycerin, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Carbomer, Vinyl Caprolactam/PVP/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Panthenol, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract Carica Papaya Fruit Extract (Papaya), Cocos Nucifera Extract (Coconut), Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract (Sea Kelp), Mangifera Indica Fruit Extract (Mango), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Tea Tree), Phospholipids, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Green 5 (CI 61570).

on 9/24/2017 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nice gel with some grainy bits in it, but did nothing for my skin. Saw no difference.

on 1/22/2017 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Meh.

The smell is nice, the texture is light and smooth, the price is low. However, I really don't see that this product makes much of a difference in my skin.

on 11/12/2014 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This stuff smells amazing, first of all. So refreshing and nice and not chemically in the slightest. It also works well, it leaves my skin looking bright and clean and feeling very refreshed. I really don't even need to moisturize my skin after this, unlike many facial masks, it is very moisturizing, doesn't seem to strip any moisture from the skin, in fact it adds some. It's also very cheap and easy to use. Of all the face masks I've used, this was is probably the least hassle to put on/clean off. It kind of applies like a thick clear gel, and rinses off easily, no mess. If your skin is not too sensitie I'd recommend washing it off with some granulated sugar, to give it that little bit of extra exfoliation (it does have some small beads in it, but I think it works a bit better if you just gently rub a bit of sugar onto your face as you are washing it off).

I love Freeman products. This one I had high hopes for and it fell short. I was hoping this would be a cheap alternative to the awesome Alba Hawaiian Papaya Enzyme mask, but it's really not comparable.
The Alba enzyme mask you can FEEL working. And you can see immediate results. This Freeman mask is so wimpy. I can't feel or tell any difference afterwards. Three stars because this could benefit someone with sensitive skin. If you like this but need something stronger, try Alba's.

Honestly, this product is really really inexpensive and for the price, I think it's good. I enjoy masks, I think a lot of people do, and this one is awesome smelling and a smooth texture which I enjoy. This mask is not however a replacement for regular chemical exfoliation. On its own, you won't see miraculous results. I purchased this knowing that it would just be an extra kick in my regimen. I think if youre somebody with sluggish skin like me, you should also look into potent exfoliating serums. Do your research, but I enjoy watts beauty andneostrata. Both are on amazon. If you want some more into on chemical exfoliation watch DermTv.

Anyway, I like this! My skin could definitely use something stronger, but this is a nice mask for the price :)

I wouldn't by it if youre just looking for one product to be work miracles.

I love this mask. One use and my skin glows for days! I am incredibly sad that Freeman's is no longer making the mask and I would buy piles of it to hoard until the end of time.... alas there are no more bottles to be found. I feel like I should have appreciated my time with the mask more. Please bring this mask back.

on 5/21/2014 2:15:00 AM

Overall, I like this product. Even though I am sure the older version of this product is much better. I use it as a scrub rather than a mask, but I think it will work equally well as a mask. It is not irritating and I have not observed any adverse effects from using this. It is quite cheap, I probably will purchase this again.

on 5/4/2014 9:26:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I can't say enough about this bargain of a miracle-product. I have always been an advocate of exfoliation as part of my regular regiment. I think the best results come from both chemical and physical procedures. This product is mild yet effective, smells great, and EXTREMELY budget-friendly considering it's contents!

Normally I will apply this after cleansing in the shower. I find the steam gives it a little extra tingling action (which I like, because then I know it is doing its thing!)

I can and have used this up to twice in a week without any negative reaction. It can be a little hard to find- I found my last batch at ULTA and snagged two at the BOGO rate! I highly recommend you do the same :)

My current skin-care routine and favorites:
Clarsonic Skin Cleansing Brush
OLAY Regenerist Detoxifying Pore Scrub
Sea Breeze Astringent- Sensitive Skin (BLUE)
PONDS Rejuveness and PONDS Original
Garnier Marvelous Oil (eyes, mixed in with moisturizer)

on 9/19/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out but that's the reason I can't use this product**

**Hmmm...that's odd. I got mine from Ulta and my ingredients aren't like the ones on Ulta's site, (which is what is listed here as the 'new formula') or the one on Drugstore.com. But it also isn't the same as the one listed in the reviews here as the 'old formula'. Mine has some more fruits and chemicals, such as lavender, sea kelp, peppermint and tea tree, but it doesn't have the papaya, mango, coconut, orange, grapefruit and lemon that the new one has. Mine is the old orange bottle and says 2-in-1 exfoliating mask on the front. So I guess it's some middle formula...Idk. It still has the pineapple, aloe, glycolic and lactic acids though those last 2 are further down the list. (And it doesn't have the chamomile). I notice some people mentioning things like consistency, how it dries and how it feels, so I'll comment on those for my version to compare.**

My skin in sensitive and clog prone, so I've run the gamut in terms of problems and products. Lately my issue has been hard bumps all over my face, so I started using Mario Badescu Enzyme Gel. The gel seemed to help and while I liked that it's gentle, I wanted a little more. I stumbled across this product somehow on here and after checking out the reviews, it seemed like it might help improve my results.

As with the other Freeman masks, I like the packaging much better than other drugstore masks, though mine also did feel kinda 'empty'. My version smells really nice and mostly like pineapple, even though it's not the original, simpler formula, nor the tropical mix that the new one seems to be. It is a thick gel that's slightly yellow but goes on clear and has small beads, but really a very small amount. They don't irritate me as other 'scrubs' do. I tried it as a spot test first just to make sure I wouldn't react. I agree with the other reviewers who mentioned this, because not only do you not know how it will effect you, but there are also so many different versions. I like to use a warm washcloth to open my pores first, even though some people on here don't like steaming like that. It doesn't sting my eyes or face at all, even with tea tree and peppermint, which is surprising considering I'm fairly sensitive. Mine dries clear and comfortably but it does dry fairly quickly. I leave it on for 20-30 minutes. (The directions on mine say 5-10). It seems to rinse pretty easily for me, but I also recommend using a cleanser after, or at least a washcloth just to make sure it all comes off since it's clear and leaving some on could potentially result in some clogs. (Maybe with the new version it's the coconut oil?) My skin feels soft and refreshed aferwards but I think it's important to follow with a moisturizer since theses acids do technically exfoliate even if you don't rub in the beads like a scrub.

Maybe it's not a miracle, but it's definitely helping so far. I will probably update in time, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents that apparently this company changes formulas A LOT.

I will try and test the difference between this and the new formula if I get it too.

Update: I'm not sure if this is for me...like a previous reviewer, I'm not sure if it's doing anything or not but I'm still battling bumps and wonder if thick gel like products that stay on for some time may not help that. It could be just me, but it's sad if it's doing nothing or making it worse....? I made the choice to return this. Maybe it's ok but I'm just too wary and sensitive. I wanted to like it though, but went with the Alba version as some have recommended and had much better success with that one, which has become a staple for me.

on 5/8/2014 7:03:00 PM

Consistency: It's a gel and not too runny, or too thick. Just right. It has somewhat a bit of a grainy bits in it. Like tiny little bits of sugar. Not all that noticeable though. Since this is a gel, a little bit goes a long way. I see this product lasting a while.

Color: A pale yellow/ cream color. It goes on mostly clear though on my fair skin.

Smell: Fruity, Pineapple Goodness. I really like how this one smells and its not so strong where it causes my eyes to sting.

Taking it off: Easy peasy, washes off pretty easy and quickly.

Results: I honestly don't notice much of a difference with this mask. It doesn't do anything for me but I will buy it again when it runs out because it smells so good. And I have fun with face masks.

Overall, It's just OK when it came to the results. It didn't make it great but it didn't cause any problems or adverse effects.

I just love the smell.