Kuumba Made Amber Paste

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Kuumba Made Amber Paste

4.3

labdanum resin

Very pretty, long lasting, good quality amber at a reasonable price

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff. It's cheap and found at Whole Foods or Sprouts. I bought mine on Amazon as well. The Kuumba Made website also carries larger size bottles. It is pretty strong a little goes a long way. It's thick so I just make sure to rub it in thoroughly. This lasts a long time, I can usually smell it after 24 hours. It's sweet and slightly sugary yet smokey with a touch of woods. I swear it dries down and smells faintly of patchouli. This is very cozy and warm and I love it. I was looking for an all natural perfume that worked well with my body chemistry and this is wonderful.

on 11/9/2013 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

had lunch with a new friend & i kept smelling .....something. its smelled like a woodsy black licorice and it was making me crazy.

finally i realized it was her.....

it is such a unique scent.

i had to have it & bought it the next day.

sticky at first.... very long lasting.

hubby said "u smell like a hippie" ....... i dont agree.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Mmmmm. Yummy. Smells like campfire. Hot roasty goodness. Mixes well with sandalwoods and vanillas. I'm new to amber. Don't care for patchouli, smells like rotting dirt. This is different, still equally potent, but not quite as "dirty".

on 8/19/2011 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Definately a HG amber for the winter - though i use in the summer as it is so irresistable more so in the evening!

My next fav is Auric Blends Amber which is more dilute in comparison but this also lasts all day on my skin. Whilst this is easier to apply, the Amber Paste is viscous and limited to a small area on the skin unless diluted.

To me Amber Paste is very spicy gingery clovey hot fragrance! It smells hot - temparature wise if that makes sense (as well as sexy hot)!

One day my mum used a dab and the man at the grocery shop looked amazed with his eyes wide open as though he smelt something divine and was on cloud 9! I witnessed all this whilst waiting outside in the car. Since then mum is addicted to it and finally understands my perfume obsession lol!!!!

Amber paste on my skin is a concentrated version of Auric Blends Amber on my skin.

Update: 27th July 2012
I am still in love with this beauty!! Smells divine when layered with KM Arabian Sandalwood and also with Samsara.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is the only scent since (no, seriously) Bonne Bell Skin Musk that has had anyone actually snuffling my neck and saying, "YOU SMELL SOOOO GOOOOOD." I've been looking for years for an amber that wouldn't turn all salad dressing on my skin (and, uh, I don't see anyone comparing Amber Paste to the Serge Lutens fragrances but rather stating a preference, so settle right down there) and here it is! I only wear this when I'm going to be around people I want coming in for a closer sniff. Mmmmm.

on 8/20/2010 3:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This is one of the best ambers I have ever smelled--and I've smelled Montales, Ambre Precieux, and other expensive niche scents! Amber Paste is very resinous and sweet, but also dry at the same time. It smells exotic, rooty, and pure. I absolutely love the scent. However, the very thick consistency of the oil/paste completely grosses me out and takes forever to dry on my skin, so I never really use it. If this came in spray form, it would be an HG for sure.

on 1/25/2010 3:30:00 AM

This is deep rich and resiny, with a piney undertone. It could be sexy on the right person in the right circumstance but it's not me.

Popular Fragrances