Kuumba Made Amber Paste

on 7/9/2017 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Holy crap. I love this.
(I am no connoisseur, but I do have a modest wardrobe that includes some pricy fragrances in the $200+ category. I love a good perfume... especially something slightly dirty, sensual, earthy.

I was actually blown away by this $10 bottle of sticky, brown liquid. The specific formulation isn't published. It's got woods, (I think Sandalwood, maybe, or cedar, and/or patchouli), plenty of sweet benzoin, vanilla, and it's well balanced. To me, it's perfect. It's just sexy as hell; spicy, sweet and earthy, (dirty vanilla as one reviewer elsewhere noted).

This stuff lasts for like 12 hours. Seriously. 12. And a little dab'll do ya.
Traveling? Need to pack lite? This bottle it teensy.

The versatility is special. Summer outings? Lounging on the water? Sweaty dancing at a beach club? Heat intensifies this sexy potion. A drop or two divided between wrists and behind ears, or between breasts if you've got them, and you're literally good to go all day, (or night).
It's perfect for sweater weather too. Warm, cozy, and so natural-feeling.

The smallest bottle, which could easily last 6 months, is 10 dollars. If you like these kinds of scents, there is no way to lose with a blind buy. I own a bottle of Noir Pour Femme and this is almost a dupe. But it lasts longer.

I'll have this as long as they make it. After delving deeper into the expensive fragrance rabbit hole, this cheap bottle of brown goo is a breath of fresh air. I feel like I've found treasure.

I'm laughing, (and let's be honest, crying a little too), at the FB of Chanel Gardenia I just bought that fades away 30 minutes after I've sprayed it.

* The only drawback I can see, for some people, is that this is a sweeter amber formulation. It's just a bit gourmand. I wouldn't mind a bit more woods in the formula, but whatever. It's not stopping me from wanting to own as much as I can.

on 11/9/2013 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

had lunch with a new friend & i kept smelling .....something. its smelled like a woodsy black licorice and it was making me crazy.

finally i realized it was her.....

it is such a unique scent.

i had to have it & bought it the next day.

sticky at first.... very long lasting.

hubby said "u smell like a hippie" ....... i dont agree.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It's very hot right now, and I can not imagine wearing amber paste. When the leaves begin to change color, and the air smells like crisp coolness and fireplace smoke; I reach for Amber paste. This scent epitomizes autumn! It's sensual, dark, mysterious, rich, and complex. The cold air brings out the best in this scent. The first adjective that pops into my head when I think of Kuumba Made Amber Paste is "Sexy!" In warmer weather, I think this scent would be too heavy. My advice - try this as a fall or winter scent. A little dab is all that you need and it really seems to have excellent sillage.

on 1/9/2009 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually didn't, and wouldn't, purchase this, but only because I don't think it works well on me. I think it's a well done amber and if you are an amber junkie I would suggest it. I think it smelled better in the bottle than on my skin. From the bottle it was warm and almost caramel-y. My skin tends to amplify any woody/spicy notes and ambers tend to give me headaches this way because it feels like the scent is clawing its way up my nostrils even when I'm not actively sniffing near where I applied it.

Anyways, the lasting power of this paste is excellent, 8 hours easily from just a couple dabs.

Popular Fragrances