Kuumba Made Amber Paste

labdanum resin

on 4/2/2018 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Amber Paste – A warm, earthy, deeply sensual resin with a hint of sweetness and spice. Enhances meditation, relaxation and balance. Its enticing nature makes it perfect for men and women.

This one is amazing. A 1 or 2 drops is all you need unless you want to scent the room. It is pure amber with maybe a hint of vanilla? Very warm, very long lasting. I don't get the incense, woods or smoke like some of the other reviews mentioned and this is a good thing, because incense, smoke and woods are not things I enjoy in a fragrance. In fact they instantly make them scrubbers for me.

This is almost exactly like Regina Harris' Amber Vanilla which sells for $125 for 15ml. Of course the Regina Harris bottle is to die for and this one is really cheesy looking but for the price difference it's an easy choice. I have empty Regina Harris bottles and I bought the 1/2 ounce size for $28.00 which was enough to fill one of her empty, pretty cobalt blue bottles. A quick savings of 97.00. It is a paste so it's not easy to decant to another but it can be done.

on 12/3/2016 8:44:00 PM

I can't get enough of this amber paste!

I put the tiniest dab of the paste on my fingertip, rub it on another finger, and then apply it to my pulse points. This stuff is sticky and STRONG. I've put a bit too much on before and someone said I smelled like a walking incense stick (not the worst thing, but some people aren't into it).

Applied lightly this paste envelops the wearer in a cloud of sweet warmth. It's hard to describe other than that it's very inviting and pleasant. The paste IS sweet, but not overbearingly so. It has a vanillic quality that borders on being foody, but the resinous notes with a hint of patchouli keep it grounded. I've had friends hug me and hold on as they try to get a better sniff. It raises eyebrows in a very good way. Seems to be loved by all and frequently regarded as sexy!

This is my signature and staple. If ever they discontinued it I think I'd empty my bank account buying as many backup bottles as possible!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am NEVER without a vial of this.
It's rich, syrupy, spicy and dark, it has the texture of black strap molasses and it has the most tantric lasting power.

Hot or cold, rain or shine, windy or calm, Amber Paste never disappoints.

I had an issue with their plastic caps because in extreme heat, the threads inside the screw cap would get smoothed out and cause the vial to leak, but now it's a metal cap: problem gone.

on 7/7/2014 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Unlike the other heavily synthetic fragrances in the Kuumba Made line, their Amber Paste smells quite natural. With labdanum, vanilla, and a touch of patchouli, the effect is woody, sweet, ambery, and mellow. The resinous notes are mixed with just enough vanilla to create a cozy, warm effect without being foody or too sugary. The little bit of patchouli in the base gives a bit of smoke and depth to the blend but doesn't veer into hippie territory. Overall it's a very pleasing, easy to wear amber that's a steal at around $10. If you're looking for a sweet, vanillic amber with a touch of patchouli, do give it a try.

on 5/27/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a very sweet and resinous scent. Smells mysterious. Every time I wear this, I picture the woods on a fall day and roasting marshmallows near a cozy fire.

This is a very thick oil, so it comes with a little applicator stick instead of the usual roller ball. You only need a couple drops and the scent lasts all day and night. I think this would smell fantastic mixed with vanilla oil or lotion.

Oh! And men love this! Every time I wear this, my husband wants to nuzzle near my neck. And men are always asking me what I am wearing or sniffing the air around me in a puzzled yet pleasant dreamy way. LOL. Funny thing, I never get complimented on my higher end perfumes. This is also such an affordable price considering that you only need a couple drops.

on 7/16/2009 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

holy grail of ambers indeed!! positively intoxicating. pure, mystical, magical tree sap... only the tiniest dab and you'll be smelling divine for 36 hours. serious stuff... this smells as good as any Serge Lutens i can think of. and yet it's <$10? Whole Foods' best kept secret.

update: just had to add this quote from another review on the internet since it sums up how i feel about this so well:

"For a lovely not-really-dupe, $7.99 will buy you, at Whole Foods, Kuumba Made Amber Paste, which will make you drop dead in your tracks and see God."

(courtesy of "chayaruchama" on aromascope.com)

Popular Fragrances