Kuumba Made Amber Paste

Kuumba Made Amber Paste

4.5

labdanum resin

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

People always ask me what I am wearing whenever I spritz this fragrance. It is musky and heady but not masculine. It is definitely a night frangrance in my opinion but you may wear it in the day time if you have the persona to pull it off. I love it and had to buy a new one bc my little cousin came from Canada a took it back with her! Oh well, now I have an excuse to pamper myself with a brand new bottle.Hide your husbands ladies ;)

on 9/19/2013 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is basically labdanum paste with a bit of carrier and smells just as divine - just a few dabs will warm up on the skin and last all day. Perfectly warm, resinous and a touch musky.

Just goes to show that you don't have to spend much to smell VERY good. It's also a great "gateway" or introductory product that might lead to more refined and expensive amber compositions like Lutens' Ambre Sultan, Ford's Amber Absolute or Labo's Labdanum.

on 11/23/2009 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Decadent, pure amber. I find other ambers too edible and candy sweet, but this one is resinous and deep. There's really not much more to say about it. A great bargain at $8 for 1/8 oz.

Also, please note that this scent smells quite different from Tunisian Amber, which is less sweet and has a woodsy, musky base.

on 1/9/2009 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually didn't, and wouldn't, purchase this, but only because I don't think it works well on me. I think it's a well done amber and if you are an amber junkie I would suggest it. I think it smelled better in the bottle than on my skin. From the bottle it was warm and almost caramel-y. My skin tends to amplify any woody/spicy notes and ambers tend to give me headaches this way because it feels like the scent is clawing its way up my nostrils even when I'm not actively sniffing near where I applied it.

Anyways, the lasting power of this paste is excellent, 8 hours easily from just a couple dabs.

Popular Fragrances