Kuumba Made Amber Paste

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Kuumba Made Amber Paste

4.4

labdanum resin

Very pretty, long lasting, good quality amber at a reasonable price

on 5/27/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a very sweet and resinous scent. Smells mysterious. Every time I wear this, I picture the woods on a fall day and roasting marshmallows near a cozy fire.

This is a very thick oil, so it comes with a little applicator stick instead of the usual roller ball. You only need a couple drops and the scent lasts all day and night. I think this would smell fantastic mixed with vanilla oil or lotion.

Oh! And men love this! Every time I wear this, my husband wants to nuzzle near my neck. And men are always asking me what I am wearing or sniffing the air around me in a puzzled yet pleasant dreamy way. LOL. Funny thing, I never get complimented on my higher end perfumes. This is also such an affordable price considering that you only need a couple drops.

on 10/17/2011 7:44:00 PM

My first impression: "oh, what a horrible stinky stuff!!!!" But 5 minutes later I fell in love with it! So sexy hot and really addictive. My only question is, does anyone know how to dilute this sticky paste??? :( Anyway, I would purchase it again and make sure it never runs out...

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is the only scent since (no, seriously) Bonne Bell Skin Musk that has had anyone actually snuffling my neck and saying, "YOU SMELL SOOOO GOOOOOD." I've been looking for years for an amber that wouldn't turn all salad dressing on my skin (and, uh, I don't see anyone comparing Amber Paste to the Serge Lutens fragrances but rather stating a preference, so settle right down there) and here it is! I only wear this when I'm going to be around people I want coming in for a closer sniff. Mmmmm.

on 8/20/2010 3:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This is one of the best ambers I have ever smelled--and I've smelled Montales, Ambre Precieux, and other expensive niche scents! Amber Paste is very resinous and sweet, but also dry at the same time. It smells exotic, rooty, and pure. I absolutely love the scent. However, the very thick consistency of the oil/paste completely grosses me out and takes forever to dry on my skin, so I never really use it. If this came in spray form, it would be an HG for sure.

on 1/25/2010 3:30:00 AM

This is deep rich and resiny, with a piney undertone. It could be sexy on the right person in the right circumstance but it's not me.

on 8/6/2009 4:00:00 PM

This is a very sexy smell and I get compliments wearing it. Smells not so good on application but after it warms up its a rich spicy long lasting stink. Really cheap. Fantastic bargain.

Edit: Last vial I bought seemed different. Not as nice somehow.
Will try again but if it remains like this I won't buy. It didn't dry down to the sweet sexy smell it had before. Just smelt like horrible cheep resin. Sorry.

This is one of-- if not my absolute-- favorite scent. It is certainly the best amber scent I have encountered. It is a combination of sunny warmth on pine boughs and rich earth, curling up with a good book in a brown leather armchair and sweet incense on a home altar, with a pinch of long, black eyelashes knowingly cast downward for good measure. It is dark and rich and although it is sweet, the sweetness is nothing at all like those weird, fruity body sprays that were all the rage in high school. It is a dark, spicy, grown-up sweetness. Amber involves vanilla, but not in a candy-ish way.

Also, I find that the goo doesn't fling the scent into the air as much as an alcohol-based spray does, but creates a touch more sillage than an oil. So, even though amber itself is a pretty heavy fragrance, this rich goo isn't going to bowl folks over as I walk past.

on 5/13/2007 12:05:00 PM

This is a Holy Grail of ambers. The only downside to it is that it is, in fact, a paste and somewhat hard to get at in consequence. It is rich, thick, sweet, brown sugar-y, almost edible it's so delicious smelling. It's very powerful and a tiny amount lasts quite a while. The spice aspect is very subtle -- this is more about vanilla and oppoponax -- but it is there. The resinous quality is pronounced but not sharp. And the price is astounding -- almost nothing. There will never be a better amber and there will be few as good. There is also a Tunisian Amber which is much like the paste only a more liquid consistency. Kuumba Made products are beautifully available in health food stores and hippie/indian boutiques everywhere.

Popular Fragrances