Kuumba Made Amber Paste

Price: $

labdanum resin

on 8/19/2011 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Definately a HG amber for the winter - though i use in the summer as it is so irresistable more so in the evening!

My next fav is Auric Blends Amber which is more dilute in comparison but this also lasts all day on my skin. Whilst this is easier to apply, the Amber Paste is viscous and limited to a small area on the skin unless diluted.

To me Amber Paste is very spicy gingery clovey hot fragrance! It smells hot - temparature wise if that makes sense (as well as sexy hot)!

One day my mum used a dab and the man at the grocery shop looked amazed with his eyes wide open as though he smelt something divine and was on cloud 9! I witnessed all this whilst waiting outside in the car. Since then mum is addicted to it and finally understands my perfume obsession lol!!!!

Amber paste on my skin is a concentrated version of Auric Blends Amber on my skin.

Update: 27th July 2012
I am still in love with this beauty!! Smells divine when layered with KM Arabian Sandalwood and also with Samsara.

Eyes: Violet

OK -- the HONEST truth is the following: This is a very nice amber fragrance. I've been wearing amber for many, many years, and I assure you that I'm very well versed in the world of amber. This Amber Paste is a linear, pleasant scent. To compare it to a multi- layer, multi-textured creation of Serge Lutens is to reveal that you know not of what you speak. Ambre Sultan, for example, is a complex masterpiece -- to attempt to draw a comparison with Amber Paste is to discredit your review completely. This is NICE, but is doesn't have the depth and richness of Attar Bazaar's "Persian Amber," but for the price, you can't get hurt.

on 9/17/2010 9:12:00 PM

When I was in high school, I once purchased a beautiful Amber oil at an imports store. It was a tiny dark bottle in a purple paper box, made in India; very hippie chic. Even today, on an old Tshirt from high school or an old hemp necklace I find in the attic, a hint of the resinous sweetness lingers. After finishing the bottle (14 years ago! I'm old!), I never forgot about that scent. This fall, being pregnant, I have been feeling grossed out by my usual fall scents; all expensive, all synthetic (even Clive Christian, Creed, Bond No.9). My nose can tell! So, I thought I'd go back to something more natural, and I started researching amber oils on makeupalley. I came across the reviews for Amber Paste last night, and I went to Whole Foods today. Let it be known, ladies; this stuff does not disappoint. It's fabulous, and just like the sweet, resinous authentic product I had all those years ago. I paid $9.99 plus tax at Whole Foods, and I agree with the folks below who say this blows Serge Leutens Amber Sultan out of the water! To personalize the Amber Paste scent, it also layers beautifully with any of the Kuumba Made musk fragrances; I tried it on one arm mixed with Water Goddess, on the other arm with Egyptian Musk, and both smell great! The search for the perfect perfume so often sends us fruitlessly seeking after remembered scents from the past; in this one example, I've actually found it again. My nose couldn't be happier!

Popular Fragrances