Kuumba Made Amber Paste

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Kuumba Made Amber Paste

4.4

labdanum resin

Very pretty, long lasting, good quality amber at a reasonable price

on 12/3/2016 8:44:00 PM

I can't get enough of this amber paste!

I put the tiniest dab of the paste on my fingertip, rub it on another finger, and then apply it to my pulse points. This stuff is sticky and STRONG. I've put a bit too much on before and someone said I smelled like a walking incense stick (not the worst thing, but some people aren't into it).

Applied lightly this paste envelops the wearer in a cloud of sweet warmth. It's hard to describe other than that it's very inviting and pleasant. The paste IS sweet, but not overbearingly so. It has a vanillic quality that borders on being foody, but the resinous notes with a hint of patchouli keep it grounded. I've had friends hug me and hold on as they try to get a better sniff. It raises eyebrows in a very good way. Seems to be loved by all and frequently regarded as sexy!

This is my signature and staple. If ever they discontinued it I think I'd empty my bank account buying as many backup bottles as possible!

on 7/7/2014 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Unlike the other heavily synthetic fragrances in the Kuumba Made line, their Amber Paste smells quite natural. With labdanum, vanilla, and a touch of patchouli, the effect is woody, sweet, ambery, and mellow. The resinous notes are mixed with just enough vanilla to create a cozy, warm effect without being foody or too sugary. The little bit of patchouli in the base gives a bit of smoke and depth to the blend but doesn't veer into hippie territory. Overall it's a very pleasing, easy to wear amber that's a steal at around $10. If you're looking for a sweet, vanillic amber with a touch of patchouli, do give it a try.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff. It's cheap and found at Whole Foods or Sprouts. I bought mine on Amazon as well. The Kuumba Made website also carries larger size bottles. It is pretty strong a little goes a long way. It's thick so I just make sure to rub it in thoroughly. This lasts a long time, I can usually smell it after 24 hours. It's sweet and slightly sugary yet smokey with a touch of woods. I swear it dries down and smells faintly of patchouli. This is very cozy and warm and I love it. I was looking for an all natural perfume that worked well with my body chemistry and this is wonderful.

Eyes: Violet

OK -- the HONEST truth is the following: This is a very nice amber fragrance. I've been wearing amber for many, many years, and I assure you that I'm very well versed in the world of amber. This Amber Paste is a linear, pleasant scent. To compare it to a multi- layer, multi-textured creation of Serge Lutens is to reveal that you know not of what you speak. Ambre Sultan, for example, is a complex masterpiece -- to attempt to draw a comparison with Amber Paste is to discredit your review completely. This is NICE, but is doesn't have the depth and richness of Attar Bazaar's "Persian Amber," but for the price, you can't get hurt.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It's very hot right now, and I can not imagine wearing amber paste. When the leaves begin to change color, and the air smells like crisp coolness and fireplace smoke; I reach for Amber paste. This scent epitomizes autumn! It's sensual, dark, mysterious, rich, and complex. The cold air brings out the best in this scent. The first adjective that pops into my head when I think of Kuumba Made Amber Paste is "Sexy!" In warmer weather, I think this scent would be too heavy. My advice - try this as a fall or winter scent. A little dab is all that you need and it really seems to have excellent sillage.

on 11/23/2009 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Decadent, pure amber. I find other ambers too edible and candy sweet, but this one is resinous and deep. There's really not much more to say about it. A great bargain at $8 for 1/8 oz.

Also, please note that this scent smells quite different from Tunisian Amber, which is less sweet and has a woodsy, musky base.

on 7/16/2009 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

holy grail of ambers indeed!! positively intoxicating. pure, mystical, magical tree sap... only the tiniest dab and you'll be smelling divine for 36 hours. serious stuff... this smells as good as any Serge Lutens i can think of. and yet it's <$10? Whole Foods' best kept secret.

update: just had to add this quote from another review on the internet since it sums up how i feel about this so well:

"For a lovely not-really-dupe, $7.99 will buy you, at Whole Foods, Kuumba Made Amber Paste, which will make you drop dead in your tracks and see God."

(courtesy of "chayaruchama" on aromascope.com)

wow this stuff smells AMAZING!!! this is the only fragrance i wear anymore... on me it almost turns to a warm vanilla/amber ...i get compliments on it all the time yet it's not overbearing....awesome stuff!

Popular Fragrances